How far is little mermaid?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Pats Dragon, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Pats Dragon

Pats Dragon DIS Veteran

Just booked Art of Animation but am nervous about how far away from the food court Mermaid looks on the map. Does anyone know if it is a long walk?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Phatoomch

Phatoomch DIS Veteran

Its not open yet so I don't think anyone has actually walked it - is there not a distance guage on the map so you work out how far it is?

4. HiHoOffWeGo

HiHoOffWeGo Mouseketeer

Google it then look at a car-truck and it should give you an idea.

5. jgraney106

jgraney106 DIS Veteran

I would think it's not any farther from the LM section at AOA resort to their main building and bus stops ,than it is from the Pop's 90's building to their main building/bus stop. It looks like the layouts are alike.
    We've stayed in the 90's building at Pop , and it's not as far as it looks.
    In fact we liked the 90's alot ,because it was quieter. So, I fully expect our stay at the LM section this year will be just as good! :yay::banana::woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

6. jojomoore

jojomoore DIS Veteran

If you go to www.insidethemagic.net. THen search "art of animation resort, then choose the article "new details and images from disneys art of animation resort", then you will see a video. There is a map of the resort at the beginning of the video. If you pause the video as soon as you see the map then you will see the little mermaid section. I had to pause and rewind a few times to get it to pause in the correct place to view it. I believe the main pool area, food area, and check in are near the nemo buildings. It looks like the LM section is the farthest away from these. Im not sure where the bus stop or stops will be located.

7. jgraney106

jgraney106 DIS Veteran

8. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Just once, I want to see a liar's pants on fire.

As my of my friends say, "A fur piece."

9. channel

channel Earning My Ears

All I can say - it may seem like it is a long trip but it is definitively worth it.:woohoo:

10. mickeye

mickeye DIS Veteran

It really isn't long at all. Look on the other AoA threads for a big photo of the Nemo area looking toward the LM buildings. It's closer than we originally thought. There are only two Lion King buildings that you walk between and then you're right there at the main building.

11. kdevoe

kdevoe Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if there will be preferred Little Mermaid Rooms? Like at POP. I don't think that will much closer but just wondering.

12. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana Dreams do come true!

Actually, is is quite long.:thumbsup2 I know a few folks (TA's) who have stayed in one of the family suites and all say LM rooms are going to be a hike - more so than POP 90's.

I thought it would be about the same as the 90's, but guess it turned out farther.

Might not be fun in the heat of the summer, but otherwise worth the walk!:thumbsup2

p.s. No pref LM rooms so far.

13. dawnhaze

dawnhaze DIS Veteran

I used a Google Maps Distance Calculator (found on Google!) to get a point-to-point distance from the end point of the last LM building to the front side of Animation Hall and got 0.361 miles. Obviously that doesn't take walking paths into consideration but it sounds OK to me.

14. raven69david

raven69david I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

I posted a picture of the AoA map and it shows you that it's the furthest resort on the property from Animation Hall. While walking around in the morning during my stay from 5/31 - 6/6, the LM rooms were quite a ways off. The distance would be comparable from entering Epcot and walking to just past the fountains. That's very close to the distance in my estimation.

15. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and Moderator

This is a reply I wrote from another earlier thread here asking the same question.

16. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Since "preferred" means close to main building and the amentities, then that area would not have preferred rooms.

It is a similar case at the mods where they "themed" the rooms with the pirates at CBR and Parterre Place with RR's. Take the rooms farthest out and give them a theme to keep people interested in being placed there.

17. cgbsilver@hotmail.co

cgbsilver@hotmail.co MAN OF MEANS BY NO MEANS THAT LITTLE OLD WINE DRI DVC Gold

18. myneverland

myneverland Mouseketeer

We're headed to AoA during the first week of October. We booked two LM rooms with a guaranteed connecter door (cheaper than getting a family suite in the other sections). And, I was wondering if anyone knows if they will have King bed rooms in the LM section? We are hoping to have one King room connected to a 2-double bed room.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

19. w84no1

w84no1 Mouseketeer

They have King bed rooms, just not sure if they connect to double bed rooms.

20. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Honestly i was so excited to book a AoA for our next trip, now im not so sure. I really dont think I like how far LM rooms are from the main building. For this reason alone, i'd book another resort. Maybe Pop, and just visit AoA every once in a while. Lol!

21. BlondeJungleBookFan

BlondeJungleBookFan Looking for the Bare Necessities

I am, too, concerned about the walk from LM rooms to the bus stop.

The buses are only out in front of the Animation Hall?
    They do not drive through the property and have stops every few buildings?

I've only stayed at Old Key West, and that's what they had....so I just assumed there would be pick ups and dropoffs throughout the resort - including the Little Mermaid room area.... No?? :confused3