How far is little mermaid?

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
Just booked Art of Animation but am nervous about how far away from the food court Mermaid looks on the map. Does anyone know if it is a long walk?

Its not open yet so I don't think anyone has actually walked it - is there not a distance guage on the map so you work out how far it is?

I would think it's not any farther from the LM section at AOA resort to their main building and bus stops ,than it is from the Pop's 90's building to their main building/bus stop. It looks like the layouts are alike.
We've stayed in the 90's building at Pop , and it's not as far as it looks.
In fact we liked the 90's alot ,because it was quieter. So, I fully expect our stay at the LM section this year will be just as good! :yay::banana::woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

If you go to www.insidethemagic.net. THen search "art of animation resort, then choose the article "new details and images from disneys art of animation resort", then you will see a video. There is a map of the resort at the beginning of the video. If you pause the video as soon as you see the map then you will see the little mermaid section. I had to pause and rewind a few times to get it to pause in the correct place to view it. I believe the main pool area, food area, and check in are near the nemo buildings. It looks like the LM section is the farthest away from these. Im not sure where the bus stop or stops will be located.

All I can say - it may seem like it is a long trip but it is definitively worth it.:woohoo:

It really isn't long at all. Look on the other AoA threads for a big photo of the Nemo area looking toward the LM buildings. It's closer than we originally thought. There are only two Lion King buildings that you walk between and then you're right there at the main building.

Does anyone know if there will be preferred Little Mermaid Rooms? Like at POP. I don't think that will much closer but just wondering.

It really isn't long at all. Look on the other AoA threads for a big photo of the Nemo area looking toward the LM buildings. It's closer than we originally thought. There are only two Lion King buildings that you walk between and then you're right there at the main building.

Actually, is is quite long.:thumbsup2 I know a few folks (TA's) who have stayed in one of the family suites and all say LM rooms are going to be a hike - more so than POP 90's.

I thought it would be about the same as the 90's, but guess it turned out farther.

Might not be fun in the heat of the summer, but otherwise worth the walk!:thumbsup2

p.s. No pref LM rooms so far.

I used a Google Maps Distance Calculator (found on Google!) to get a point-to-point distance from the end point of the last LM building to the front side of Animation Hall and got 0.361 miles. Obviously that doesn't take walking paths into consideration but it sounds OK to me.

I posted a picture of the AoA map and it shows you that it's the furthest resort on the property from Animation Hall. While walking around in the morning during my stay from 5/31 - 6/6, the LM rooms were quite a ways off. The distance would be comparable from entering Epcot and walking to just past the fountains. That's very close to the distance in my estimation.

This is a reply I wrote from another earlier thread here asking the same question.

Using Google maps you can see that those buildings are -- like a previous poster stated -- about as far away from the main hall as the 80's and 90's are across the lake at Pop Century.

I walked the grounds (as much as was open) last week at AoA and the layout is surprisingly similar to Pop Century except they have a more direct walkway to the main building from the Little Mermaid area down to the main hall.

The biggest thing to keep in mind, is that your room could be at the end of the far spoke of one of the buildings.. that will make it seem 'even further' than it actually is.

And as someone whose feet hurt like mad after a few days of traipsing around the parks, every last step to your room can feel like a million miles when your feet are tender and tired.

In this ridiculously oversized picture from GoogleMaps.. you can see Pop Century on the right and AofA on the left. The Little Mermaid rooms are off to the top on the left there.

Once I was in the furthest possible room in the 90's section at Pop and despite all my best mental coaching, I still felt like I was in the hinterland and quite a ways away from the main hall.. which was a real dilemma when I wanted to refill that refillable mug. I'd have the contents half gone on the walk back to the room! (Admittedly they don't hold much)

AoA-PC.jpg

Does anyone know if there will be preferred Little Mermaid Rooms? Like at POP. I don't think that will much closer but just wondering.

Since "preferred" means close to main building and the amentities, then that area would not have preferred rooms.

It is a similar case at the mods where they "themed" the rooms with the pirates at CBR and Parterre Place with RR's. Take the rooms farthest out and give them a theme to keep people interested in being placed there.

We're headed to AoA during the first week of October. We booked two LM rooms with a guaranteed connecter door (cheaper than getting a family suite in the other sections). And, I was wondering if anyone knows if they will have King bed rooms in the LM section? We are hoping to have one King room connected to a 2-double bed room.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

We're headed to AoA during the first week of October. We booked two LM rooms with a guaranteed connecter door (cheaper than getting a family suite in the other sections). And, I was wondering if anyone knows if they will have King bed rooms in the LM section? We are hoping to have one King room connected to a 2-double bed room.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

They have King bed rooms, just not sure if they connect to double bed rooms.

Honestly i was so excited to book a AoA for our next trip, now im not so sure. I really dont think I like how far LM rooms are from the main building. For this reason alone, i'd book another resort. Maybe Pop, and just visit AoA every once in a while. Lol!

I am, too, concerned about the walk from LM rooms to the bus stop.

The buses are only out in front of the Animation Hall?
They do not drive through the property and have stops every few buildings?

I've only stayed at Old Key West, and that's what they had....so I just assumed there would be pick ups and dropoffs throughout the resort - including the Little Mermaid room area.... No?? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter