• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Far in Advance

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
I was reading in another thread where someone had an issue with a Disney resort not having record of their Expedia room reservation when they arrived. I have a room reservation at CBR through Expedia and want to confirm CBR received it. How far in advance does the hotel itself receive your reservation infiormation?

The resort will have it a couple of days before your arrival...thats roughly when they figure out what room you will be in..

Hello there! I work in Travel. The resort itself will have your reservation in their system 10 days prior to arrival. If they do not have your reservation than I would contact your travel provider immediately.

Hope that helps!

If I were you, I'd go ahead and call WDW reservations to see if they have you booked. And I'd call ahead and confirm again right before arrival, too. Couldn't hurt, might help.

Hello there! I work in Travel. The resort itself will have your reservation in their system 10 days prior to arrival. If they do not have your reservation than I would contact your travel provider immediately.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much! I plan on calling CBR directly, but didn't know how far ahead. It's on my calendar now! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! I plan on calling CBR directly, but didn't know how far ahead. It's on my calendar now! :thumbsup2

You actually can't call CBR directly by using public access phone numbers. These printed numbers actually go to a call center. When you call, they can tell by the number what "resort" you are calling and will answer as that resort. This even happens when you are calling from your room. This is done so that the front desk can deal with the guests in front of them and not have to worry about also answering phones.

Hope that helps!

Its nice that you work in travel and maybe in other places they do 10 days out but in DisneyWorld the actual resort doesn't get the reservation until a couple of days out as thats when they figure which room you will have.Btw..LilyWDW is right you won't have the number to the front desk as it will be a call center taking your call...

While it may be true that the actual resort doesn't allocate rooms until 10 days before check in, the Disney reservation system should reflect a booking through a travel agent like Expedia well in advance of this time period. I'd go ahead and double check right now with WDW to see if the reservation is in their system. If they have the reservation, great. You can relax. If they don't, you have time to contact Expedia.

I checked my Expedia reservation and there is now a Hotel Reservation number in my Expedia Itinerary. Is this the number I would refer to when calling Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter