How far in advance do you plan/book your trip?

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by chrisw127, Dec 26, 2007.

1. chrisw127

chrisw127 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We just got back and can't go every other year (have family all over so we owe them visits) but I'm thinking December 2008? Have I just become an even bigger dork than I thought I was?

How far in advance have you booked your trip?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

We ALWAYS start planning our next trip as soon as we get in the car for the drive home!!!
    We have been blessed enough to have gone every year since our first visit in 2003 but this year decided to take a brake and try something different again. We did and it was fun but it wasn't Disney and I still miss Disney:goodvibes
    Luckily we happened to get a good offer for Disney Homeschool Days that we couldn't pass up so we are leaving 2 weeks from today to go to the World:banana:
    I have ALREADY started talking about going again in Sept.!!! Maybe I am crazy too:rotfl:
    I tell myself that this Jan. trip is really for this year we missed and we need to go again the end of next year!!!
    Lets see, the farthest out we have booked a trip is 4 1/2 months. Usually it's about 12 weeks, this time it was only 81 days, the shortest wait yet!!!

4. Mrs Grumpy

Mrs Grumpy Always Planning!

I am going to book our September 2009 trip just as soon as the packages are released this summer for 2009.

5. mantysk8coach

mantysk8coach Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous

Me too, except for May 2009.

Our last few trips have been with extended family members/friends, which was fun, but kind of stressful, so I am really look forward to just going as a family of four and doing our own thing!

6. 2kids1dog

2kids1dog Mouseketeer

We have already begun to plan our December 08 trip. We have the dates down, we just have to wait a few more days to make reservations at SS. I am already thinking about where we're going to eat, etc. Not to early, IMO!

7. PKWallaby

PKWallaby DIS Veteran

It all depends...our last trip was planned over one year in advance, but that involved renting points, 16 days at 3 different resorts, DDP with lots of ADRS, etc, etc. I almost felt I over planned and was so ready to go that I drove myself a little nuts(or A LOT nuts as my DH would say!)

The trip before the last was planned in under 10 days all due to a great airfare...and our next trip(I can now officially say that since I just booked airfare about 30 minutes ago) will be in 30 days, opps, 29 days from today!!!

I love to plan my next trip so regardless of how many days away it is, I think I will always be working on another one!! Good luck to you all and thank goodness for the DIS or we all would be completely clueless:rolleyes1