How far from loop 300 to Meadow Pool Area

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by southcarolinagirl, Jul 10, 2009.

1. southcarolinagirl

southcarolinagirl DIS Veteran

Can anyone give me an idea? Debating the golf cart...tia

Kim

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ftwildernessguy

ftwildernessguy <font color=green>I have a linen closet at home fu

Less than a half mile. Shan would know exactly. He's the only guy I know who knows it's .07 miles from Whispering Canyon to Roaring Forks.

4. DaveInTN

DaveInTN I'm Not The Castle Guy

Shan was an early adopter of GPS technology in his sleigh, so he is very adept at determining precise distances, such as that between rooftops, chimneys, and campsites.

5. ftwildernessguy

ftwildernessguy <font color=green>I have a linen closet at home fu

His apparent love for food would account for his knowledge of distance between restaurants.

6. gillenkl

gillenkl DIS Veteran

We just stayed in the 300 loop in June - personally there's no way I could have walked all the way to the pool. Golf cart promoter here.

7. mdoc

mdoc DIS Veteran

I don't know the exact distance, but for my family it's definitely walking distance. We don't go to WDW in the summer, though - I suspect if it was 95 degrees with 95% humidity I'd be hopping onto the air conditioned bus to go two stops rather than walking.

8. Born 2 Fish

Born 2 Fish I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

Shan ?? Where are you ?? :confused3 Well, I'm sure he'll be aong soon to answer that for you.:thumbsup2

Bout the golf cart,,no debate,, if you can swing the cost,, I'd go for it.

9. Shan-man

Shan-man ¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

I knew my ears were burning! LOL

Jim is quite right, to get to the pool from the closest campsite in 300 (301), crossing only at crosswalks and not cutting through anywhere, walking along Big Pine Drive it is .46 miles, and from the furthest campsite (335) it is .61 miles. For what it's worth, going through 1400 and the campfire area is actually 1/100th of a mile further, but you may find it more scenic, so it may be worth the extra 52.8'... that one's for you Jim! :lmao:

:santa:

10. southcarolinagirl

southcarolinagirl DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the input!

Kim

11. chilipyro

chilipyro Mouseketeer

We had a golf cart when we stayed at FW in May, but there was one time that I ended up walking from the pool back to our site on the 300 loop. It took about 10-15 minutes to get there. Not that big a deal, but I was hot and sweaty after walking - as opposed to arriving still cool and refreshed from the pool on the times when we returned by golf cart. That was in May. I'd recommend getting a cart (from Tea Time cart rental :thumbsup2).

12. mkrober

mkrober Sandman

Of course, its also a short BIKE ride away.;)