1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

How esrly do i have to arrive to sign up for Jedi Training?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by luv2sleep, Jan 10, 2013.

1. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Unlike Disneyland, I read I need to go and sign my son up for for Jedi Training. Is it a must to get there at park opening to do so?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Much later and you definitely risk missing out.

4. pooh4evr

pooh4evr Mouseketeer

I would say Yes but we haven't done it since Oct '11. You must have the child with you too. When you get into the park there are (were) CM's with signs directing to where the sign up line was at that time it was in front of Hollywood and Vine. At that time they also let people through the turnstiles at about quarter till opening the majority of people were held on the street (sunset) but sign ups were to the left, we had ours signed up before rope drop, Dh got FP for TSMM. We had time to take a bathroom break, meet some characters and then checked in at 930 for the 10:00 show.

5. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

This applies to even the later shows? They will all fill up first thing? Wow. Ok then. Will have to make that effort. It's probably the #1 thing into list. At DL you don't sign up. They pick from the crowd. My son was do disappointed he didn't get picked he cried. I think the way they do it is cruel. Never again. I hope we can do it at WDW.

6. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

WDW used to do it this way, but changed a couple of years back now.

I can't tell you a time to arrive by, I just know there are only so many shows and availability is pretty limited.

7. KapBoy77

KapBoy77 Mouseketeer<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

If you don't want to risk it go at park opening. It worked for us. My son was in the first show of the day and then we had the rest of the day to do whatever.

8. Rjsoto24601

Rjsoto24601 Mouseketeer

Where does one go to sign up?

9. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Either at ABC Soundstage (old Sounds Dangerous) or the JTA stage itself outside Star Tours. They are near each other, and CMs at opening will be able to point the way easily--I believe I read they even hold signs directing you there.

10. starrysky

starrysky DIS Veteran

To the left as you face the entrance to American idol is the sign up place keep heading towards star tours if you have been to HS before its right by where sounds dangerous used to be.

11. Rjsoto24601

Rjsoto24601 Mouseketeer

AWESOME! Thank you so much! This is a MUST do for ds this year!!!!!

12. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

I hope DL follows suit one day.

13. lookame

lookame Mouseketeer

When I was there in October 2011 we didn;t make it there RIGHT a rope drop, it was about a half an hr-hour after rope drope and we spent a little bit confused as to where the signup was(so add about 10-15 minutes onto that) When we finally figured out where to go then waited in line for roughly a half hr. My son got in still for a 5 o'clock training. After he was upset with himself because he missed a step with fighting Vader.

Back to topic...I would say depending on the season/traffic levels as long as you make it within 45 minutes with your kiddo in hand you should be ok...however if your there on a high traffic day or during busy season then you should be there at rope drop

14. autismgoesdisney

autismgoesdisney DIS Veteran

The last week of August at 2012, we went RIGHT to there at rope drop (the only day we purposefully did rope drop lol) and I'm glad we did. The line was already really long and we still got like a 2:00 show! I was pretty nervous!

15. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Well it looks like I better go to bed early the night before! Thank you for the help! It will be my only rope drop day too. ;)

16. PAGAS

PAGAS Mouseketeer

Is signup available during morning EMH?

17. debbie1996

debbie1996 Earning My Ears

Yes - we signed up on Saturday (1/5) during EMH - and were in the first show at 9:20ish (sorry I can't remember if that was show time or when we had to be back)

18. susanv

susanv Mouseketeer

Will it be the same on opening day for Star Wars Weekends? Taking DS (6 turning 7) and two of his friends for his birthday and he desperately wants to get in.

19. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

They do more shows, have more slots, or both to handle the increased demand during SWW. How that translates into when the slots run out, sooner or later than other days, I have no idea. But, I would still go there at park open or very shortly after.

20. susanv

susanv Mouseketeer

Thanks!

21. RalphinSC

RalphinSC Founder of the Daft Brotherhood of the Ubiquitous

During SWW, the sign-up for the show is ussually at the Indiana Jones area, and expect a very large line so get there at rope drop.

Also, there is a cool quiz show for the kiddos called Padawan Mind Challenge. It signs up as well at rope drop during SWW at the ABC soundstage. I know the kid needs to be ther for the JTA sign-up, not 100% sure about the Padawan. Of the two, I'd definitely head to the JTA sign-ups first.

Padawan seemed like an afterthought to most but it was really cool. My son got to play on the big stage right before the Hyperspace Hoopla with Snig and Oopla and the droids. Both experiences are very fun for the kids. If I were you, I'd try to get them signed up for both.

Here's a video of the Padawan Mind Challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1fdMYqiV44