How EMH saved our trip-Doing the World on West Coast Time! Completed. Stop by my PTR!

Slowly Catching up - just read about the Main Street Barbershop. Now I'm kinda sad I didn't wait to get a cut while we were there.

Well, I think I just finished Day 5 or 6, not really sure. ANYWHO - I'm glad to hear you finally made it on Toy Story Midway Mania! :cool1: I LOVED me some EMH. It was the greatest part of our trip! I hear you on the whole "Don't toss snack credit snacks" thing. I wound up with a brain freeze after my girls decided they were done 1/2 way through their frozen concoctions.

Yay for the random act of kindness that scored you the fastpasses!

And I so know how you feel about getting stuck with the parade. I've had that happen and it does not bring out the best in me. Long story. Glad you made it!

And I TOTALLY know how you feel about the camera. Ugh. DS and I went to the Dollar Tree today and I got him one of those dinos that grows to four times its size, takes like four days when you put it in water. So, I'm using it as a little science experiment type lesson, and I say, let's take a picture.

And he says, can I do it?

Do I really want to let my four year old hold my camera over a bowl of water? No.

Do I let him? Yes.

Do I still have a good working camera? Yes.

Thank god.

:rotfl2:

brave soul!

We had a disposable that no one was interested in using, mine is "far" cooler. DS8 has a pretty cool FP kids camera that takes surprisingly good snaps but we forgot to 1) take the pics off and stick them on their puter, freeing up space and 2) it's kind of big to lug around and 3) it only holds 30 pics.

That's awesome that you were able to score fastpasses!!:thumbsup2 How nice of the other family to do that.:)

Wow!! I honestly don't know what I would do if one of my boys asked to take pictures on that ride.....hmmmm... that's a tough one.:laughing:Like you, I'm pretty attached to my camera.:rotfl:

Can't wait to find out what you did????

it was interesting to say the least!:rotfl: Steven actually brought his own camera. SUPPOSEDLY his pics are on photobucket but I've yet to see them!

That reminds me to hound him tonight or this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! He took a TON.

HA !!!! YOU sound like me on the exact same ride... my DS7 asked the same thing (I had bought him two disposables for this reason...) SO, I let him with me sort of hovering.... I was so worried the camera would end up outside!!! :scared:

can't wait for more.....
:surfweb:

yeah somehow the disposables just aren't the same to the kids. We had that issue on our big road trip last summer as well. I tried a cheap digital for them (cheap= only works on XP, loses all your pics if the battery goes dead even though you swear you formatted the memory card per the instructions). So...that was a bust. They may all get a camera for xmas, it would solve everything. :rotfl:

Slowly Catching up - just read about the Main Street Barbershop. Now I'm kinda sad I didn't wait to get a cut while we were there.

next time! something to save for next time! I :love: MSB. And...for your girls, they could get pixie dust without the scary prices of BBB (I think it's maybe $5?)

Well, I think I just finished Day 5 or 6, not really sure. ANYWHO - I'm glad to hear you finally made it on Toy Story Midway Mania! :cool1: I LOVED me some EMH. It was the greatest part of our trip! I hear you on the whole "Don't toss snack credit snacks" thing. I wound up with a brain freeze after my girls decided they were done 1/2 way through their frozen concoctions.

I did mellow out on that quite a bit as the trip went on, using them up like they were candy but early on I was kind of militant. Not only don't toss them but don't use them on a soda or a bottle of water, find something close to $4!. I will say, the minutemaid frozen lemonade was kind of icky so I caved on that one.

Have been reading your updates for a couple of days now:surfweb: Cant wait till you update again!

We are going to WDW for the 1st time in Sept. and when I saw your title about WDW on west coast time it caught my eye since we will be coming from the San Francisco area. I am sooo worried about the time difference and bedtimes! But we are so excited to go!:woohoo:

Keep up the great posts!

How gallant of DH and Steven to brave the line for the women and children in your party.

My girls have their own cameras and Ian thankfully never asked, but we're forever making sure that the wrist straps are secure. Yes, they LOVE that.:rolleyes1 Looking forward to hearing which voice won out.:rotfl:

Great close up of the Tree of Life. I could look at the carvings on that thing for hours.

I skimmed through your update last night, but didn't post because I was doing soccer preparation chores. I do really like your AK pics. :thumbsup2 Your tree of life pics made me remember that I am going to try to find as many animals as I can next time I visit. And, I am going to take pics of all of them! :thumbsup2I finally started letting my kids take over the camera on safari because I am the proud owner of hundreds of digital safari pictures! :laughing:

As we were walking we were mesmerized by these two

Aren't they adorable?! The baby is soooo sweet! :goodvibes

We had a gander at the Tree of Life

Coolest tree ever! :thumbsup2

As we were walking we were stopped by a family who had 4 FP's for safari that they couldn't use. Score!

:banana:

The 3 younger kids and I took the FP's and Scrooge and Steven decided to brave the wait.

Aww, good guys you have there :cool2:

it was, of course, as befitted the entire trip...

PARADE TIME!

:scared:

But this question came up.

Mom, can WE take the pictures this time?

Gulp.

:rotfl2: Been there, done that. Oh, for the record, I caved and let Mickey (6yo at the time) take the pictures - they were pretty good too :laughing:

Have been reading your updates for a couple of days now:surfweb: Cant wait till you update again!

We are going to WDW for the 1st time in Sept. and when I saw your title about WDW on west coast time it caught my eye since we will be coming from the San Francisco area. I am sooo worried about the time difference and bedtimes! But we are so excited to go!:woohoo:

Keep up the great posts!

Thanks! and Welcome! :cool1: I think there were good, and bad, things about deliberately not adjusting to the time change. Had it been a less crowded week, it would have been brilliant and based on just how nuts it was, unless we made rope drop I am not sure it would have really changed much.

How gallant of DH and Steven to brave the line for the women and children in your party.

My girls have their own cameras and Ian thankfully never asked, but we're forever making sure that the wrist straps are secure. Yes, they LOVE that.:rolleyes1 Looking forward to hearing which voice won out.:rotfl:

Great close up of the Tree of Life. I could look at the carvings on that thing for hours.

Yeah, that was great that they took the "other" line. In reality though they didn't end up more than 15 minutes behind us, the wait was definitely
overstated! Thanks for the pic comment. It is so funny what kids like and don't like (or think or don't, are they real, are they animitronics, etc. The kids weren't that into the tree of life b/c it was "fake". :confused3 no one wanted to go explore it with me. Oh well!

I skimmed through your update last night, but didn't post because I was doing soccer preparation chores. I do really like your AK pics. :thumbsup2 Your tree of life pics made me remember that I am going to try to find as many animals as I can next time I visit. And, I am going to take pics of all of them! :thumbsup2I finally started letting my kids take over the camera on safari because I am the proud owner of hundreds of digital safari pictures! :laughing:

I really wants to spend more time at the tree next time!

Soccer preparation chores

like these?:laundy:

:)

Tink is having a GREAT time at camp I'm happy to say (so far), she's been picked for one of the united teams, we'll see how the week plays out!

Aren't they adorable?! The baby is soooo sweet! :goodvibes

Aww, good guys you have there :cool2:

:rotfl2: Been there, done that. Oh, for the record, I caved and let Mickey (6yo at the time) take the pictures - they were pretty good too :laughing:

Wasn't that baby adorable! We were there quite a while :)

They might take off and do big boy stuff a lot but....they are gentlemen!

6 years old :scared1:

you are a brave brave woman!

update coming soon :)

whew! we are just back from a whirlwind 3 day trip up to our family cabin and a HUGE hike (8 miles r/t and 3500 in elevation gain and then descent).

Poor Scrooge was really down in the dumps before we left feeling like "going to the cabin wasn't really going away, or a true vacation" but as I suspected, once we got there and sat by the river...he felt a LOT better!

Of course....the stop by the nearby brewery to fill up our growlers and having a wildcat IPA in his hands didn't hurt either.

:rotfl2:

It was a blast!

update shortly but first, a very belated promised picture of the new kitty!

meet Melvin

IMG_2374.jpg

or White Lightning as Scrooge calls him. It has been an adjustment having such an energetic young kitty again. He's wonderful! Scrooge barks alot but secretly loves him, I can tell.

And the original

Hank (getting in the way of my DIS-ing!)

PIC_0012.jpg

Hank in a more "regal" state
DSCF9937rwhscopyc.jpg

this is the cast of characters for our next trip!

next, a lemon fritter recipe and a real update :)

I take it back, this recipe is from Croatia, not Capri, 5/02 issue of Bon Appetit, Islands of the Mediterranean :)

Makes about 7 dozen

1 1/2 c. warm whole milk (105-115 degrees F)
1 1/4-oz envelope dry yeast (about 2 tsp)
Pinch of sugar plus 2 T.
3 large eggs
1/4 c. brandy
1 T grated lemon peel (about 3 lemons)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. salt
5 c. all purpose flour
2 c. golden raisins (1 box)

Vegetable oil
Additional sugar

---------------------------

Place 1 cup of warm milk in medium bowl. Add yeast and pinch of sugar; stir to dissolve. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.

Whisk eggs, brandy, lemon peel, vanilla, salt and 2 T. of sugar in large bowl; whisk in yeast mixture and 1/2 c. warm milk.

Mix in flour.

Using wooden spoon, stir dough 5 minutes. Mix in raisins.

Continue to stir until dough becomes to come away from spoon and bowl, about 5 minutes longer.

Cover dough with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.

Place sheets of wax paper on counter (recipe calls for you to put them on baking sheets but I can't see the point of that, it's just staging!)
Dip spoon into oil (have a small bowl nearby). Using oiled spoon scoop up enough dough to form 1-inch mound, Using another oiled spoon, scrape dough off spoon and onto sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, dipping spoon into oil as needed to prevent sticking.

Pour enough oil into heavy large saucepan to reach depth of 3 inches. Heat over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F. careuflly drop 10 dough balls into oil; fry until golden brown and cooked through, turning often, about 3 minutes.

Using slotted spoon, (I used tongs through, worked better) transfer fritters tp paper towels. Repeat with remaining dough balls in 6 more batches (approx). Place warm fritters in large bowl. Sprinkle with additional sugar; toss.
---------------------------
Now what I did was sprinkle with the sugar while they were warm and on the paper towels, just turning and sprinkling so the sugar would stick to the warm fritters better. Serve in a lined basket.

As I noted, my yeast mixture never got foamy but my dough did rise and they were puffy delicious morsels. Or as Steven called them "churro thingies". :rotfl: I don't think they were churro like, other than being fried dough but, he liked them.

If anyone makes them, let me know what you think!

These are pretty funny! Hopefully DS10's pics will show up soon.

DS8 as

Tiny Tim
Character_Morph_1.jpg

Scrooge
Character_Morph_1_2.jpg

Marley
Character_Morph_1_2_3.jpg

Belle
Character_Morph.jpg

the Belle one is really creepy!

When I left off I was being bombarded by three small people asking if they could use MY camera on the safari.

Since Goofy was next to me with Tink on the outside I told them they could take turns. Wall-E, to my right was on the edge and I was just too paranoid for that. Sorry dude, maybe next time!

Let's see how they did! A crash course it taking pictures in a moving, bouncing bus with equally bouncing demonstrations and then I handed it over!

A bit blurry but I can see it's an animal

WDW_090218_0025.jpg

oops, off on the timing!

WDW_090218_0027.jpg

a little blurry....

WDW_090218_0028.jpg

there he is!

WDW_090218_0029.jpg

making progress

WDW_090218_0032.jpg

WDW_090218_0033.jpg

WDW_090218_0034.jpg

WDW_090218_0035.jpg

I have NO idea what this is!, a picture of another jeep?

WDW_090218_0037.jpg

Vastly improved!

WDW_090218_0038.jpg

WDW_090218_0039.jpg

WDW_090218_0040.jpg

WDW_090218_0041.jpg

WDW_090218_0042.jpg

WDW_090218_0043.jpg

WDW_090218_0044.jpg

The piece De resistance....great job Goofy!

WDW_090218_0045.jpg

WDW_090218_0046.jpg

And our happy photographers!

WDW_090218_0047.jpg

and a happy passenger, he handled it well!

WDW_090218_0048.jpg

Next...the Pagani trail! We had some time to kill while Scrooge and Steven did their safari so we were off to check out Gorillas!

OMG ..... A Fabulous Update with a absolutely beautiful picture of the LION! Superb. :thumbsup2 I will read and comment in detail later. Trying to do some smelly laundry now!

Wow! Update-apolooza! :woohoo:

Your kitties are adorable! I should take a picture of my geriatric mama's boy furry baby and post it on my PTR... :scratchin

That recipe sounds delish! I'm sure it's yummy :goodvibes

Those Christmas Carol pictures are hilarious (and yes, a wee bit creepy) :rotfl2:

Goofy and Tink took some GREAT pictures! Amazing shots of the lion, he's hard to get a good picture of! Kudos to them :banana: And good for you for letting them try! :hug:

Looking forward to your Pagani Trail pictures! We did the Maharajah Trail last time and I put the Pagani into my park plan for this time :)

OMG ..... A Fabulous Update with a absolutely beautiful picture of the LION! Superb. :thumbsup2 I will read and comment in detail later. Trying to do some smelly laundry now!

:eek: that's about how I feel about soccer laundry.

Wow! Update-apolooza! :woohoo:

Your kitties are adorable! I should take a picture of my geriatric mama's boy furry baby and post it on my PTR... :scratchin

That recipe sounds delish! I'm sure it's yummy :goodvibes

Those Christmas Carol pictures are hilarious (and yes, a wee bit creepy) :rotfl2:

Goofy and Tink took some GREAT pictures! Amazing shots of the lion, he's hard to get a good picture of! Kudos to them :banana: And good for you for letting them try! :hug:

Looking forward to your Pagani Trail pictures! We did the Maharajah Trail last time and I put the Pagani into my park plan for this time :)

Thanks! I was thrilled with the lion (and would have been secretly really bummed if we didn't get a good shot!) he was out strutting his stuff!

You should share pics of your kitty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!