How easy it to break down a Pride victory scooter?

lilasmom

DIS Veteran
How hard or easy is to breakdown a Pride victory scooter and get it into the back of a minivan? What tools would I need and how long much time should I allot for this? Thanks!

It's really very easy, no tools required. Pride has a video of how to do it at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=artAQJn1x6E

Basically, the seat, basket, and battery just lift off. There is a latch that separates the base into two pieces. You turn a knob to loosen the tiller so you can fold it down, then tighten again so you can use the tiller to help lift it into the trunk. It only takes a few minutes.

ETA: Actually, with an SUV, you may not even need to take the frame apart. Just lift off the seat, basket, and battery, then fold down the tiller and put the whole frame in. It's not heavy. I can load my Pride Go-Go into the trunk of a Hyundai by myself.

It's really very easy, no tools required. Pride has a video of how to do it at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=artAQJn1x6E

Basically, the seat, basket, and battery just lift off. There is a latch that separates the base into two pieces. You turn a knob to loosen the tiller so you can fold it down, then tighten again so you can use the tiller to help lift it into the trunk. It only takes a few minutes.

ETA: Actually, with an SUV, you may not even need to take the frame apart. Just lift off the seat, basket, and battery, then fold down the tiller and put the whole frame in. It's not heavy. I can load my Pride Go-Go into the trunk of a Hyundai by myself.

We have a Chevy Equinox...will have people in the back seat, so there would just be the regular storage area behind the seat. Is that big enough for a Pride scooter? Don't think it would be a problem breaking it down, but just wondering if it would fit. One of the videos I watched about breaking down a scooter looked like they had the back seats flat to make a bigger storage area...that's not an option for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter