How easy is it to sell DVC?

Lisa1976

Lover of all things Disney
Unfortunately Hubby and I are going to have to sell our two DVC contracts for financial reasons. We have 260 over two contracts.

How easy / quick is the process? I think Timeshare Store is our only option as they have the experience with DVC.

Any help, information or advice you can give would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Lisa

Sorry to hear you have to sell, although this is one of the few scenarios where the exchange rate diving is a good thing.

Lisa I was reading a post about this the other day & now can't find it ! From what I remember,you set your price per point,the selling company takes their cut but added to this the US taxman also must be paid & from what I can remember what you are left with is approx 60%-65% of the sale value:scared1:
As for how easy? I'm looking at the Timeshare store at the moment & I think that alot will depend on your Home resort,UY & price.
SD:thumbsup2

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

We own at SSR and our use year is June. Will have a look at Timeshare Store and see what they are saying.

The Timeshare Store can help you. I have used them to buy and sell and found them to be very good. They can best advise you on how the market looks. The resort, contract size, contract status and price per point are the key variables.

Lisa I was reading a post about this the other day & now can't find it ! From what I remember,you set your price per point,the selling company takes their cut but added to this the US taxman also must be paid & from what I can remember what you are left with is approx 60%-65% of the sale value:scared1:
As for how easy? I'm looking at the Timeshare store at the moment & I think that alot will depend on your Home resort,UY & price.
SD:thumbsup2
I have read it is possible to claim the tax back off the US taxman if no profit has been made on the sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter