How easy is it to sell DVC?

Discussion in 'UK DVC Discussion' started by Lisa1976, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Lover of all things Disney

Unfortunately Hubby and I are going to have to sell our two DVC contracts for financial reasons. We have 260 over two contracts.

How easy / quick is the process? I think Timeshare Store is our only option as they have the experience with DVC.

Any help, information or advice you can give would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Lisa

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Wedgeh

Wedgeh Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear you have to sell, although this is one of the few scenarios where the exchange rate diving is a good thing.

4. Shooby doo

Shooby doo DIS Veteran

Lisa I was reading a post about this the other day & now can't find it ! From what I remember,you set your price per point,the selling company takes their cut but added to this the US taxman also must be paid & from what I can remember what you are left with is approx 60%-65% of the sale value:scared1:
    As for how easy? I'm looking at the Timeshare store at the moment & I think that alot will depend on your Home resort,UY & price.
    SD:thumbsup2

5. Lisa1976

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

We own at SSR and our use year is June. Will have a look at Timeshare Store and see what they are saying.

6. JimC

JimC DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

The Timeshare Store can help you. I have used them to buy and sell and found them to be very good. They can best advise you on how the market looks. The resort, contract size, contract status and price per point are the key variables.

7. Lisa1976

Thanks Jim, i've emailed them so will wait for a response.

8. tubtruck

tubtruck Tubtastic

I have read it is possible to claim the tax back off the US taxman if no profit has been made on the sale.