How easy is a last-minute resort change?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Belle83, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Belle83

Belle83 DIS Veteran

I'm feeling a little lazy and do not want to dig through the fine print in my reservation to find the answer. I did a board search to no avail...

We are booked at Pop Century for 4/18 to 4/23. I've already paid for it in full (room+tickets).

We fell for the "Coronado is only going to cost X more.." mentality and would like to upgrade. Will Disney just let us pay the difference or will we get hit with change fees? We booked with the spring discount, but the website still shows rooms available under the spring discount at CSR.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

you can try.

think they can charge you - but generally since you are upgrading and not down grading - they don't charge you.

pretty sure you can't do this - you are too close to leaving. So you need to call them tomorrow

4. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

they will not charge you to upgrade unless you are 14 days away from check in. Just call.....I just asked them the same question this week. No charge if price increase. I'm assuming you booked directly through Disney

5. chrisc88

chrisc88 Mouseketeer

I changed resorts last Saturday for trip starting April 6. Could not have been easier. Took all of 5 minutes once a CM picked up.

We did not get charged, but we went from CBR to POR which actually cost $1.72 less so we have a room credit. :)

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

As others have said, it's easy to change resorts, provided there is availability at the resort you want to change to. Since the total cost would increase going from a value to moderate, there will not be a change fee. Disney usually waives the fee if the cost goes up, but charges a $50 fee if the price goes down. With that said, Disney now charges a $15 fee for any changes made 14 days or less from arrival, regardless of what it does to the total cost. Good luck.

7. Mom loves Disney

Mom loves Disney DIS Veteran

Last year we changed resorts the day before checking in. We were at Pop and were moving to AoA for 8 nights and my husband decided he wanted to move to WL. We called they had it available so we switched our package to WL the night before. They were great about it.

8. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

You're still a month out, you should be fine to change. The typically charge the $50 change fee when you're downgrading, not upgrading. Enjoy your new and improved trip! :goodvibes