How early do we need to get to Fantasmic?

It could be me...but I'm not seeing the benefit to the F!DP anymore. I did reserve one for our trip in July...but since they changed the entrance and

1-it "appears" that you wait in line with everyone...
2-is it really worth it to take the dining package anymore?

The info below only applies to the FIRST (or only) SHOW of the evening.
The DP is not valid for the second (or third) show of the evening.

1-A matter of terms.

All guests now must enter via the same gate and walk up the same ramp to the seating.
"Waiting in line" implies that you are standing for most of the time.
Once the theater seating is opened, there is a steady flow of guests streaming into the theater area.
Once you reach the top of the ramp/path, if you have a Dining Pkg. voucher, you will be directed to the DP seating. (But, you are free to sit ANYWHERE, if there are other spots still available at that time.)

2- The DIFFERENCE is that if you get to the theater area by 45+ minutes before show-time (which means getting to the Fantasmic! GATES 50-75 min. before show-time,) you WILL be able to sit in the DP section, even if the rest of the theater is filled.
If you DON'T have the DP voucher, and the rest of the theater is filled by about 45 min. until show-time, you will NOT be seated at that show.
If you don't reach the theater seating area by 40 min. (or so) before show-time, the DP seating will be released to "general admission" (walk-up) guests.

To ME (and I've seen Fantasmic! dozens of times) I just arrive very early (90-120 min. before show-time, and grab a seat BEFORE the theater fills...
and have never used the Dining Pkg.

The difference between arriving 90-120 min. before show-time (without DP) and arriving 50-75 min. before show-time (WITH the DP.)

Your choice.

Are there washrooms inside the theatre? If they are not letting people save seats, I worry about my children.

Thanks,

Heather

Yes, there are bathrooms and your family should be able to save your seats for you once you are in. That isn't a problem once you are in -- just as long as someone in your group stays in the seat.

The info below only applies to the FIRST (or only) SHOW of the evening.
The DP is not valid for the second (or third) show of the evening.

1-A matter of terms.

All guests now must enter via the same gate and walk up the same ramp to the seating.
"Waiting in line" implies that you are standing for most of the time.
Once the theater seating is opened, there is a steady flow of guests streaming into the theater area.
Once you reach the top of the ramp/path, if you have a Dining Pkg. voucher, you will be directed to the DP seating. (But, you are free to sit ANYWHERE, if there are other spots still available at that time.)

2- The DIFFERENCE is that if you get to the theater area by 45+ minutes before show-time (which means getting to the Fantasmic! GATES 50-75 min. before show-time,) you WILL be able to sit in the DP section, even if the rest of the theater is filled.
If you DON'T have the DP voucher, and the rest of the theater is filled by about 45 min. until show-time, you will NOT be seated at that show.
If you don't reach the theater seating area by 40 min. (or so) before show-time, the DP seating will be released to "general admission" (walk-up) guests.

To ME (and I've seen Fantasmic! dozens of times) I just arrive very early (90-120 min. before show-time, and grab a seat BEFORE the theater fills...
and have never used the Dining Pkg.

The difference between arriving 90-120 min. before show-time (without DP) and arriving 50-75 min. before show-time (WITH the DP.)

Your choice.
Yes....my choice...and knowing me....I'm not going to wait at the bottom of that long Fantasmic line so I am going to get there 90 minutes early anyway! I get kinda quirky that way ;). I have only seen Fantasmic twice and the last four times we went to WDW we didn't go because of the "line". This trip I'M GOING no matter what my family says even if I have to go alone. (After all how alone will I really be :rotfl2:) We wanted to eat at Mama Melrose's anyway...never been....so I'll keep the package (we're on the dining plan) but next trip....I'm not getting the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter