How early do the Christmas Decorations go up?

Love the Mouse

Mouseketeer
I am trying to plan our Christmas Disney Vacation for next year and was wondering how early the Christmas decorations go up. I know that the MVMCP starts around the 12th of November and the Osborure Lights go up around that time too. But how about the Candelight Processional?

We are DVC members and have some points to use up before our use year which is Nov 30. But, I really wanted to go the 1st week in December, but I have 114 to use by the 30th of Nov. So, the question is, how early does everything go up?

I was on the phone with DVC the other day and they couldn't give me a difinitive answer, so I am turning to all of you wonderful folks for some answers.

We've been to Disney at Christmas before, but my parents are thinking of going with us and they have never been, so I really want to make this a magical trip for them as well as my DD(3), who will be 4 1/2 at the time of the trip. The last time she was at the Christmas party, she was 6 months old, so this will be magical for her as well.

So, any info would be greatly appreciated!

I know that the MVMCP starts around the 12th of November and the Osborure Lights go up around that time too. But how about the Candelight Processional?

Disney website says Candlelight Processional starts 11/23 this year (the day after Thanksgiving) - I'd assume same for next year ... which would be 11/28/08.

We always go the week after Thanksgiving and everything is in full swing.

Two years ago we were there for the Halloween Party on Halloween night and the next day we went into the park the decorations were up. They were just decorating the Wilderness Lodge so the resorts were not done. This year we are also going to the MNSSHP on October 31st but I see the MNSSHP will also be held on November 2nd so I guess we won't see the Christmas decorations this year.

That's interesting that they don't seem to do it on the same day each year. We had always heard that the Christmas decorations go up after the parks close on Thanksgiving. However, we've never actually been there to confirm that, so I can't say for sure that's ever been the date. But, from the replys so far to this thread, it sounds like it's a different day each year, and if you're going to be there after Thanksgiving then I'm sure it's guaranteed that the Christmas decorations will be up.

We have been there the first week of December two different times. I LOVE going to all the different resorts and seeing the lobby areas all decorated. They are all so beautiful!

They have been putting up the Osbourne lights at MGM since about the middle of August. I think they turn them on the middle of November this year. My dd got to turn them on on Thanksgiving last year (It was so cool).

Hi! We usually go for DD birthday 11/09 and the hotels are usually being decorated while we are there. The special "events" (candlelight program,Osborne lights etc.) will not start while we are there. Once they did have a trial (open to the public)of the lights while we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter