How early can you get off the ship? Earliest you can book a flight???

beattyfamily

DIS Cast Member
Hi,

We're cruising this Nov 4 - 7 (Thur - Sun) and I'm getting close to booking airfare.

Out of Boston my main choices are Song and now Jetblue (hasn't opened up yet for Nov though). I also could book AA or United but they don't usually have as many or as good non-stops and are usually alot more money.

Song has return flights of 11:35a or 4:30p ($204.44) and Jetblue's (of which I already have a credit to put towards this trip of $45) return times are worse....they are 10:10a and 5:25p. This is a Sunday, before our return to school and work.

What would you do? Not use the credit at Jetblue and book elsewhere? Book the later flights? Go with another airline with better times even if it's more money?

AA has a good return time of 11:45a but it's $236pp. and then I can't use the credit of $45 which expires April 05.

Help!:confused:

Hi, I just wanted to let you know I just booked Delta out of Boston for 160.00. This is for May so I am not sure about the rates for November. It will be Song on the way out and Delta coming back. We went with the 11:40 flight coming home. If you have a towncar picking you up at the port or driving yourself as opposed to using Disney transportation you should be fine. More often than not there will be plently of time to make that flight.

Of course things could always happen to change this, so you have to do whatever you feel comfortable with.

I would try for the best price with good flight times, the credit isn't any good if your not comfortable with the flight times.

Beatty Family
Song has return flights of 11:35a or 4:30p ($204.44) and Jetblue's (of which I already have a credit to put towards this trip of $45) return times are worse....they are 10:10a and 5:25p. This is a Sunday, before our return to school and work.

Our return flight is scheduled to leave at 5:00 p.m. so we are taking the kids to Disney Quest prior to departure. The tickets were only $21.00 pp through ticket mania (www.ticketmania.com) which would pay for themselves with the extra $$ that you save with Jetblue. Of course we plan on renting a car throughout our trip since that worked well for us the last time. If you don't have a rental, this would probably be an expensive plan.

Anyway, it's just an idea. Good luck with your planning.

We are sailing next month and I booked the Jet Blue 11:45 am return into JFK. This is our third cruise and on the two prior we had a Town Car at the terminal at 8:30am. We were off the ship by 8:00am and had to wait for the Town Car. The trip takes 45-55 minutes to MCO. I rented a car this time and feel we will make it in plenty of time.

Originally posted by DisneyForLife
Hi, I just wanted to let you know I just booked Delta out of Boston for 160.00. This is for May so I am not sure about the rates for November. It will be Song on the way out and Delta coming back. We went with the 11:40 flight coming home. If you have a towncar picking you up at the port or driving yourself as opposed to using Disney transportation you should be fine. More often than not there will be plently of time to make that flight.

Of course things could always happen to change this, so you have to do whatever you feel comfortable with.

I would try for the best price with good flight times, the credit isn't any good if your not comfortable with the flight times.

Wow, that's a great rate!!!

Yes, we'll have a rental car.

Once Jetblue opens up and can make my final decision. I guess I was just really wondering what's the earliest anyone has gotten off the ship and the earliest flight people have taken out of MCO.

Thanks!

In 9 cruises, the earliest we've been off the ship is about 7:15, the latest about 9:30. On one cruise, they didn't open the doors for disembarkation until 9:00, but that is rare. Their goal is to have everyone off by 9:00.

You need to allow an hour from port to MCO. It takes about 10 minutes to collect luggage and go thru customs, and about 45 minutes to get to MCO. THen consider check in/security time and return of rental car (since you said you'd have a car.)

We actually were booked on a 12:30 flight, got there early, and they put us on a 9:35! I certainly wouldn't book that, but it was a blessing to us that time as I had a child who had become ill the last night of the cruise.

Does that answer your questions?
Kathryn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter