How does POR or CSR make you feel...."Ahh, so nice!" or "Hmmm, kinda motelish?"

Click here for some CSR x-mas pics

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14470864&postcount=1

dfkhex.jpg

IMO, there is nothing motelish about the Mods. They are beautiful and a great value for the amenities/location.

The values, however, scream Motel to me.

Thanks for all the great replies everyone.

I just got off the phone with WDW reservations and ended up booking at AKL, for the pleasure of my MIL, and for my sanity.;) Actually, it should be very nice during the holidays at AKL. And with the great code I received, AKL ended up being a nice deal for us.

Our room: AKL (standard view), DDP (2 adults, 2 kids), 8 day base tickets, and all taxes: $2,604.28

MIL & BIL room: AKL (standard view), DDP (2 adults), 8 day base tickets, and all taxes: $2,068.06

I've stayed at POR and CBR and neither one ever felt "motelish". The theming at both resorts is wonderful. On our nextr trip, we plan to stay at POFQ. We love the moderates. We don't spend a lot of time at our resort, so it doesn't make sense for us to spend much more than moderate prices.

While POR and CSR are the 2 best choices for mods., I think you made the right choice in AKL, especially with the 40% off code. You're staying at a deluxe with 2 Queen beds, and a balcony at a price you can't beat! AKL is beautiful and this way you can justify the price difference because of the 40% off AND please your MIL. Yeah!

Well, I'll admit, if it was just my family going (DH, me, DS8 and DS5), I would have totally used that 40% off code to book POR or CSR. Both are beautiful resorts (I especially like all the lush landscaping of POR and pretty fountains at CSR) with great pools, and I know my kids would LOVE that slide at CSR.

However, this trip I had to take into consideration what my MIL and BIL wanted, so I figured WHY NOT use that 40% off code and splurge a little.

I don't think any of the moderates seem motelish! I think they are all very lovely and well-themed. I think the mods are an excellent value, too.

Well, the definition of motel is a hotel with exterior doorways, so yes, the mods are all technically motels.

We did like POR very much--for a motel--but we really missed having a balcony to relax on. The grounds are lovely, but we were unable to shake the "motel" feeling. I will say that we might stay there again some time if it met our needs for that visit.

Well, the definition of motel is a hotel with exterior doorways, so yes, the mods are all technically motels.

We did like POR very much--for a motel--but we really missed having a balcony to relax on. The grounds are lovely, but we were unable to shake the "motel" feeling.

I stayed at CSR and I have to say that I totally agree with this post. I feel that when you look at WDW sales materials, they are not really clear that anything that is not a deluxe does not have interior hallways. When we arrived at CSR I was stunned that I was paying the rate that I was for a motel. Just my opinion!

The exterior to me was not even that nice, but maybe that is because I am usually a deluxe stayer and I am used to that level of themeing and care. Or maybe that is because the resort is so sprawling (I have never seen POR so I can't speak to that resort).

Personally, it's deluxe or all-star for me. I love the deluxes, but if I am going to stay in motel-like accomidations, I expect to be paying motel pricing- so I would go with all-stars. Moderates just don't seem like a value to me.

I think you made the right decision OP based on your inlaws concerns. Hope you enjoy your trip!

I stayed at SSR last January, and I have to say the exterior halls didn't bother me at all, so I'll assume they won't bother me at CSR or POR either.

The only things that bother me slightly when I look at pictures of the rooms at CSR or POR are the short curtains and the lack of an actual closet, but those are just minor cosmetic things that wouldn't sway me from staying there.

One thing CSR has that SSR doesn't.....room service.:thumbsup2
(Well, and a salon to get your hair cut and styled, although I have a tendency to do that BEFORE I go on vacation.):goodvibes

I stayed at SSR last January, and I have to say the exterior halls didn't bother me at all, so I'll assume they won't bother me at CSR or POR either.

The only things the bother me slightly when I look at pictures of the rooms at CSR or POR are the short curtains and the lack of an actual closet, but those are just minor cosmetic things that wouldn't sway me from staying there.

(well, and a salon to get your hair cut and styled, although I have a tendency to do that BEFORE I go on vacation.):goodvibes

That was what killed it for me too :headache:

The only things that bother me slightly when I look at pictures of the rooms at CSR or POR are the short curtains and the lack of an actual closet, but those are just minor cosmetic things that wouldn't sway me from staying there.

(Well, and a salon to get your hair cut and styled, although I have a tendency to do that BEFORE I go on vacation.):goodvibes
What do you mean short curtains? The curtains on the windows go to the floor.

6ycyiz5.jpg

What do you mean short curtains? The curtains on the windows go to the floor.

6ycyiz5.jpg

Oh crumb! You mean CSR has longer curtains?.....That's great!:thumbsup2 See, doesn't that look so much better than the shorter curtains?! Why didn't they put longer curtains in all the moderates?:confused3

Well, you learn something new everyday on the DisBoards.:cool1:

(I'm not sure where that nice young lady is planning on going in those shoes, but hopefully she's not headed out to tour the parks! - LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter