How does Palo brunch work?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 2Princess&aPrince, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Princess Sleepy

Princess Sleepy DIS Veteran

Just booked our first Palo brunch for our cruise in April. :cheer2: Wondering about timing. We are scheduled for 12:00. Would earlier be better? (We have 2nd dinner, so I figured we'd still be ready for dinner by then, but now I'm worried.)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SleepyDeb

SleepyDeb Mouseketeer

We did 10:00 because that's what we could get. We also had 2nd dinner. We needed a light lunch around 4:00

4. Princess Sleepy

Princess Sleepy DIS Veteran

Thanks! We should be fine then.

5. mickeyfan1

mickeyfan1 <font color=purple>Come and let me show you my tat

The selection is the same, I have had brunch on the Magic, Wonder, and Dream. All of them served the same items, although the desserts were smaller on the Dream. I did brunch twice on one sailing, it was the exact same on the last morning as it was on the second. I can not imagine what else you would want. There are so many choices and they are replenished often. The layout on the classic ships is different, tables are more spread out, and I totally missed the dessert table once, even though I had been before. I think maybe because I was stuffed! I realized I had missed it when we walked past it leaving.

6. drischar

drischar Mouseketeer

Only on Sea Days? So for a 4 night Dream, brunch would only be offered once. We are first timers, so have latest online bookings. How good are our chances of getting a reservation?

7. Mommy2Emmy

Mommy2Emmy Mouseketeer

I agree! And definitely don't eat much the day of the dinner! We snacked when we fed DD at around 5:30. Our reservation was at 7:30. It is a lot of food! There were dishes that we could only take a couple bites of, we were so full! Definitely a shame because everything was SO good! I did manage to stuff the entire chocolate souffle in, though! ::yes::

8. k3chantal

k3chantal DIS Veteran

Anything is possible but when we went on our first cruise, we did not have an opportunity to go to the Palo brunch and we went for a 7 night cruise.

I did however get into a Palo dinner.

9. lcpalmer

lcpalmer Earning My Ears

How much is Palo brunch? Can kids go? Do they offer it on the 3 day cruise?

10. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Palo is an adult only venue (18 and up). Cost is $20. It's only offered on sea days, so no, not on a 3 night cruise.

11. ptisme

ptisme Mouseketeer

We are 47 days from our first cruise (also 4 day - can't wait!) and just booked our reservation for the brunch after reading such great things about it. We were not going to do either Palo or Remy because I didn't want to miss out on the MDR experience but after reading all the reviews on the boards, decided to do the brunch.

12. Mikser

Mikser Earning My Ears

What about tipping? Is this included in auto tips or is it seperate?

13. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

The upcharge includes a gratuity (less than $5). You may give additional tips, if you wish. It's not part of the auto tips.

14. klass3

klass3 Mouseketeer

What time is Palo Brunch served?

15. ssc021796

ssc021796 Earning My Ears

What are the time frames available for brunch? 10-2 maybe?

16. mickeyfan1

mickeyfan1 <font color=purple>Come and let me show you my tat

I believe the first seating is at 10:00 am and the last is at 3:00 pm. I can not remember for sure and it may be 10:30 for first and 2:30 for last. Most people are there between 1.5 and 2 hours. By having last seating at 2:30, it allows plenty of time for the tables to be reset for dinner.

17. ssc021796

ssc021796 Earning My Ears

Thanks! I want to make sure we have time to feed the child and then go for lunch basically.

18. com_op_2000

com_op_2000 DVC Member since '93

Remember to ask for a dessert plate to go, our experience:
    We went to a brunch, ordered hot items from the menu, went through the hot/cold buffet twice, and dessert buffet twice. Our waiter informed us that we had not eaten enough, so he went to the dessert table, loaded a plate with desserts, and asked us to take it back to the room.

19. darwinsrule

darwinsrule DIS Veteran

Definitely 10:00. Have it booked on the Fantasy in 6 weeks. Options when I booked were 10, 11, 12.

20. lml2013

lml2013 Earning My Ears

DFi and I aren't much wine drinkers, do they offer other drinks to go with your meals?

21. valee

valee Mouseketeer

With all that pampering, it sounds that an additional tip will definitely be indicated. I don't want to be gauche - can someone clue me in whether you leave cash on the table or add it to your receipt?

We're not seafood or fish eaters (We're the people who underwrite all the crab legs that everyone else is eating) so we weren't planning on going. Everyone's decriptions have me definitely leaning towards going now.