How does one actually GET a Super Shuttle

Hermosa11

<font color=deeppink>Have a good laugh and read th
...what is the procedure at LAX airport....get your luggage, go outside....and then what.
Stand where you are or is there a particular waiting area.....Flag one down? How do you know this van is going in your direction --meaning do you say , "I am going here..." and they then say, "sure get on board" or possibly do they say "sorry, I am not going in that direction"......... :confused3 I need some logistical education on this.... :teacher: Thanks! :wave2:

I usually go on line and make my reservations and pay in advance. The other option that works just as well is just going out to the area where they park which is usually near luggage pick up. You walk up to them and tell them where you need to go and they direct you to one of the vans or let you know how long it will be until the van going to that location will be. I have used Super Shuttle more times than I can count and have only once had to wait and then it was only about 10 min.

Thanks. Gives me an idea of what to expect. As I understood when I called, you don't need a reservation from LAX to DL area, but you do need reservation from your motel back to LAX. So, one goes outside and starts to just ask the shuttles.....I don't mind waiting (for others to fill up the van, etc), but just wanted to know the steps involved.
go here...go there...say this, they say that...etc.

thx

Hermosa11 said:
As I understood when I called, you don't need a reservation from LAX to DL area, but you do need reservation from your motel back to LAX.

It's not so much a reservation, but letting them know you need a pickup. They give you a card to call 24 hours in advance of your flight. It's a toll-free number.

There are different colored signs that you stand under for the different types of transportation from LAX. You would stand under the one for shared-ride vans (not sure what color). There are tons of Super Shuttles and they have a sign telling where they are going. As they stop at the curb, you could ask if you're not sure which one to take.

I am 99% sure the Shared Ride airport signs were orange. You really can't miss them. And the SuperShuttle guys wear Royal Blue shirts with a bright yellow SuperShuttle logo!

stampinshauna said:
There are different colored signs that you stand under for the different types of transportation from LAX. You would stand under the one for shared-ride vans (not sure what color). There are tons of Super Shuttles and they have a sign telling where they are going. As they stop at the curb, you could ask if you're not sure which one to take.

Oooohhhhh, cool! thanks for that visual! I appreciate the information.
Yes, I know that once I get to motel, then I call and indicate need for shuttle on such and such day for my flight out. Thanks!

also, you will have to cross a few lanes of traffic, to get to a little "island" , so it is not the curb you will first encounter.

GREAT! another visual! Right on!!! :thumbsup2 I am SURE I would have figured it all out once I was there, but I either need or want to be prepared beforehand for many unknown situations. THANKS!!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter