• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does iTunes movie rental work for iPad

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
I looked online and it seems like I will purchase my rental. Move it into iTunes movie area. Then on our flight I do not need the Internet I just open and start the movie. I know I have 24 hours to watch the movie after starting it; moving it does not count as starting it right. And about how much memory do I need I want to rent two movies and I have 32 g on an iPad. The question I See repeated on the Internet is how do I tell that the movies are completely downloaded. TIA

I have downloaded rentals directly onto the ipad, which I believe means they can only be watched on that ipad. When you rent the movie, itunes will dowload it directly in the videos section of your ipad. When you want to watch the movie you simply go to the rentals tab - which itunes creates when it downloads and press the movies. It will then tell you that you have 48 hours to watch the movies, then at the end of that time it deletes the movie. You don't need internet to watch the movie. Hope that helps

I am going to download at my sisters house to our ipad she has high-speed Internet so the movies will download fast there. Then the next week we will fly and it says you have 30 days to watch it once you rent. The Movie rental will work like purchases iTunes music works, correct? Just turn your iPad on go to movies and turn it on? Thanks

The whole process is clearly explained on the Apple website. You might want to take a look.

I have rented movies through iTunes many times and I have to warn you that occasionally a movie rental will not open correctly when you are on the plane without an internet connection, even though they are supposed to. Very annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter