how does DVC work ?

tinkerbelle2001

Disney Guru
Ok- maybe I shouldn't admit that I don't know all about DVC. I'm an avid WDW fan. We take a trip every two to three years. I just want to know if it is worth it for us and if it is, how to get started. Thanks!

Hi Tinkerbelle2001:

I suggest you start by checking out the DVC FAQ's on this site.

You can get there from here: DVC FAQ

Then feel free to come back here and post any specific questions you may have.

As you may already know, DVC is a Timeshare program where you purchase a real estate interest in DVD. However instead of getting a specific unit for a specific time period each year, the DVC operates on a point system where you receive an allocation of points each year, and then 'spend' the points for the type of accommodations, the location, the number of days, and the time of year you want.

There's too much to explain right here, but the FAQ's will help. Read several of the other threads, and post any specific questions you might have. You'll find plenty of folks willing to help.

Hey, Tink!
Go to the FAQ area and there's a ton of questions answered. My short version is this:
If you go at least every couple of years, and if you stay in moderates or better, AND you think your Disney passion can last for you and your "descendents" for the next 40 years, it's definitely worth a peek. I won't get into the financial pros and cons, but basically you're prepaying vacations up front, and will ultimately get a significant bang for your buck, especially in light of the quality of your accomodations.

Check back here frequently! Ask anything. Folks in these parts are glad to help!

BTW, if you want the company line, go to the official Disney website.

Here's the link for the official Disney site:

Disney DVC

As others have said, it would be best to read the faq on this site, then ask away on the boards. I would also encourage you to go ahead and order the informational package from Disney. Its really a little to no pressure process, unlike most other timeshare deals.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter