How does Drink of the Day work now?

laceltris3

DIS Veteran
I have always been a big drink of the day fan. Buying the souvenir glass at sail away and then getting a bigger DotD every afternoon when I bring my cup to the bar. I assume that they aren't doing that any more due to Covid, so is the only option just to get the "normal" sized drink?

On our Sept Fantasy, it was a regular drink cup with Drink of the Day pricing - no souvenir cups 🙁

On our Sept 27 Dream sailing some members of my party got the drink of the day souvenir cups. I think they ordered them in Cabanas while having the first lunch after boarding. I didn't really see any souvenir cups around the ship after that.

The drinks of the day on our sailing included the Bahama Mama, Captain's Mai Tai, Spooky Juice (seasonal Halloween special), and one other that I can't remember the name of but it was vodka-based with tropical juices.

I have always been a big drink of the day fan. Buying the souvenir glass at sail away and then getting a bigger DotD every afternoon when I bring my cup to the bar. I assume that they aren't doing that any more due to Covid, so is the only option just to get the "normal" sized drink?
They give you a watered down drink and double the price.

If you go to a bar for a DOTD you get a better drink, not watered down in the big pitcher of DOTD.
On the fantasy last week, the bars by the adult pools all had pitchers of the Drink of the day!

Why would there not be the usual souvenir glass? What does that have to do with covid ?

Was hoping to get one.

Why would there not be the usual souvenir glass? What does that have to do with covid ?

Was hoping to get one.
Either supply chain issues, or to make more profit reasons. These are the only two reasons I can think of.

Does anyone have any recent information about the drink of the day and if souvenir cups are available now? We're boarding later this week and just curious what the status is now. Thank you!

On our Sept 27 Dream sailing some members of my party got the drink of the day souvenir cups. I think they ordered them in Cabanas while having the first lunch after boarding. I didn't really see any souvenir cups around the ship after that.

The drinks of the day on our sailing included the Bahama Mama, Captain's Mai Tai, Spooky Juice (seasonal Halloween special), and one other that I can't remember the name of but it was vodka-based with tropical juices.

I was also on this cruise!! And yes, I agree...saw some souvenir cups in Cabanas and not much after that.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter