How does child swap works at Universal Studios/Island of Adventure?

DisneyLover2122

Earning My Ears
When we went to Disney World last month my 7 yr old nephew was able to ride twice with 3 other adults I think thats what the pass said, Is it the same at US/IOA? This time we are going 2 friends of us, my husband, my nephew, our baby girl and me of course, can my husband ride with them and my nephew while I stay with the baby and then swap and my nephew ride again with me? Can my husband ride twice too while our friends stay with the baby? Thanks

We were just there last week and the child swap is much looser than at DW. Everyone goes through the line together and then the non-riders are directed to the child swap room or area (there is usually a tv playing clips from whatever show or movie the ride is about). When the group that rode first is done, they return to the child swap room and whoever wants to ride next goes back out to the ride loading area. We are a little slow I guess because it took us until our second day to realize that no one was really monitoring who was riding how many times from the child swap area. So my husband and son could ride while I waited with my daughter. Then my son and I could ride while my husband waited with my daughter. Then my husband and I could ride while my son (14) waited with my daughter. We only did this a few times because most rides were enough just to ride once, the 3D/4D effects get to you and sometimes even my son didn't want to ride the second time with the other parent.

I was wondering how this would work. Thanks for the info! DS 10 likes to ride everything but DS 4 isn't talk enough for much and I usually get left out while ds10 and dh ride all the fun stuff. ;)

I was wondering how this would work. Thanks for the info! DS 10 likes to ride everything but DS 4 isn't talk enough for much and I usually get left out while ds10 and dh ride all the fun stuff. ;)

i don't know if the TM's allow a 10 yo watch a sibling so you can swap out and ride, but i have a thought.

why don't you send an email to guest services and ask them if the park has an age requirement for a child to watch a sibling when you take a turn in the child swap room.

include your phone number as sometimes a TM will call you instead of answering by email.

kids get all the fun don't they.........:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter