How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

SO pretty Mary Ellen! Thanks for sharing those.

Glad you liked. I'm glad I finally uploaded and edited them. Many of them were taken with my phone and some of those turned out really good. I love how my computer relates so well to my phone and I can use the iphoto to edit them.

I know I love going to other people's TR and seeing pictures from around the country. That's why I love when you post stuff because chances are I'll never see it.

I agree about the PP, there are some really good ones in there and I feel the same about pictures of me.

I think WE ALL LOOK FABULOUS! It's all in the smile. You can see how giddy that bridge and the whole experience made us!

Sorry, I had to post and run earlier...we were going to watch something on TV :happytv: and I had to tell Judy I'd be a couple minutes, while I went and found that lion picture. Speaking of which, I'm glad you liked it. You'll get one someday, I'm sure. It's just the luck of the timing.

Glenn - I totally apologize for not seeing this post. It makes me wonder how many other posts I have missed. Please tell me this is the only way. If not, I please senility.

I loved the lion pix. It is totally perfect. I'm thinking maybe I need to hit the safari first thing in December. Maybe I will improve my chances. It just seems like I have been on that ride sooooooooooooo many times and I never get him. He is always turned the wrong way or I am on the wrong side of the bus.

I liked your Animal Kingdom pictures. There's so much to photograph there.

Thanks!

Have fun in Williamsburg...it's a great place. If they have any 18th century plays going on while you're there, I recommend those. If you like a particular scene, you applaud loudly and they do it again, right on the spot. It's hilarious. Oh, if you ever get a chance to see the guy who plays the glass armonica, that's really cool too.

Cool. That sounds fun. We've been there once but we never really went into the historic area except for dinner. I always thought you needed a ticket, but apparently you only need a ticket to get into the historic houses. I've run there early in the morning, but I would like to see the actors doing their thing.

Sorry....I'm a bit behind again (too much going on at home). MEK and Cythina, love the bridge photos from the Trek and the photopass pics at AK and Epcot. :thumbsup2

MEK, your pictures of your trip to West Virginia are beautiful.

Sorry....I'm a bit behind again (too much going on at home). MEK and Cythina, love the bridge photos from the Trek and the photopass pics at AK and Epcot. :thumbsup2

Kathy - thanks for stopping by. How is your brother? I just checked your TR but you haven't posted anything yet. I really hope he is doing well.

Glad you like our trek pictures. We sure posted enough, didn't we? :rotfl: Perhaps we need a few more?????

MEK, your pictures of your trip to West Virginia are beautiful.

Thanks. It was a fun trip. I'm glad I was able to edit and post them!

Catching up after a busy weekend. I realy like all of the theming at AK, I try to see as many of those details as possible. Your pictures are so wonderful, I really enjoy them.
The Morgantown pix really make me want to visit there some day. WV does have some beautiful areas.

We love Williamsburg as we are history junkies. The last time that we were there we wore our colonial clothing. That was so much fun. We haven't done BG, but do Jamestown, Yorktown & the real Jamestown. It's too bad that they closed the Carter Mansion, that was really neat. The restaurants are so good, especially Sal's Italian in the Williamsburg Shopping center.

Catching up after a busy weekend. I realy like all of the theming at AK, I try to see as many of those details as possible. Your pictures are so wonderful, I really enjoy them.

I'm so glad you like them. I want to try for some new TOL pix the next time we are there. I will never get bored with taking a camera to AK.

The Morgantown pix really make me want to visit there some day. WV does have some beautiful areas.

I remember thinking WVA had to be the most depressed state ever when we were driving home from snowshoe, but I think I was room. There really is a lot of scenery there and tons of out door things to do, which I love!

We love Williamsburg as we are history junkies. The last time that we were there we wore our colonial clothing. That was so much fun. We haven't done BG, but do Jamestown, Yorktown & the real Jamestown. It's too bad that they closed the Carter Mansion, that was really neat. The restaurants are so good, especially Sal's Italian in the Williamsburg Shopping center.

I will keep Sal's Italian in mind. I am trying to keep this a low budget trip, but we have to eat out once. Right? Since we have a kitchen I am going to bring food. We have to go to BG since we are taking two teenagers, but I would really like to get over to Yorktown. It looks pretty cool. The sunset cruise looks wonderful.

I like history, but I tend to have a terrible attention span. Let's just say its limited. However, Williamsburg is one of those places that can make it come alive.

Glenn - I totally apologize for not seeing this post. It makes me wonder how many other posts I have missed. Please tell me this is the only way. If not, I please senility.

No offense taken Mary Ellen. It's easy for stuff to get missed at the bottom of a page. :)

Cool. That sounds fun. We've been there once but we never really went into the historic area except for dinner. I always thought you needed a ticket, but apparently you only need a ticket to get into the historic houses. I've run there early in the morning, but I would like to see the actors doing their thing.

I'm not sure what things you need to purchase a pass for, but I know you need to buy tickets in advance for the plays and concerts. They've been a highlight of the couple of times we've visited though.

I hope you have a great time!

No offense taken Mary Ellen. It's easy for stuff to get missed at the bottom of a page. :)

I only found it because I went back to read something and I was like "huh? where did that come from?", so I'm sure its not the first time.

I'm not sure what things you need to purchase a pass for, but I know you need to buy tickets in advance for the plays and concerts. They've been a highlight of the couple of times we've visited though.

I hope you have a great time!

There is so much I want to do and not enough time. I can't come up with my itinerary. I was going to buy a $72 - 7 day/both park pass through AAA but my son really doesn't care about the water parks. So I could just buy the BG fun card which is unlimited visits until Sept 5th . It obviously does not include the water park. That's the cheaper way to go except that I could use my AAA rebates on the other ticket and I wouldn't be spending as much actual money. Of course, I can also use that money for Disney park tickets. Decisions, Decisions. I am trying to make this a financially responsible trip.

I want to visit the Yorktown battlefield and there is a cruise out of the Hamptons that I want to do. It's just too much for 3 nights.

Oh - and the Ghost tour!

Glenn - Just noticed your ticker! What are your dates? I have a treehouse booked June 10 - 15th. I am trying to decide what to do after. More Disney or Vero. I'm even looking at Daytona for a few nights.

Beautiful pictures, all around. The trek looks really fun. I remember seeing the rope bridges when we were there in July and wondered what it would be like to traverse them.

Mary Ellen, good luck getting your son off to college. I can hardly believe I have one old enough for (semi) organized sports activities, let alone a kid going off to college.

Your upcoming trip sounds lovely, too.

And what gorgeous pictures of West Virginia...who knew it was so pretty? Or that they had such lovely rest stops!

Oh, and that drink looks delicious!

Okay! Trying to catch up, so just got through the jungle TREK and Dawa bar pit stop... and the can can drink.. "Can, can you do the can can?" :rotfl2: Yep, you all apparently CAN!!!! :lmao: Okay, I will stop now. REGARDING the mixers, okay RUM sounds interesting, I like the idea of lemon/mango, that sounds good, actually! I am glad that you had my frothy fun drink! I will say that half and half is decadent, but it so makes the recipe! I guess you could use some regular and some fat free half and half if that would help, but why would you want to mess with perfection!!! LOL! I just love all those cool trek pics! You guys all look great, and all look like you are having a FABULOUS time!!! LOVE the photos!!! But I have a question, did Jen not go? I thought she was there with you? All looks like super fun. AND I can't wait for Jiko! :thumbsup2

Glenn - Just noticed your ticker! What are your dates? I have a treehouse booked June 10 - 15th. I am trying to decide what to do after. More Disney or Vero. I'm even looking at Daytona for a few nights.

Don't think that you overlooked that too....it's pretty new. ;)

I've booked Kidani for 6/23-30, and we're planning on Vero starting 6/19, at the beginnin of the trip. I can't book Vero yet because I have to wait for the 7-month mark, but that's the plan. :banana:

Beautiful pictures, all around. The trek looks really fun. I remember seeing the rope bridges when we were there in July and wondered what it would be like to traverse them.

It was fun, as you can tell by how much we are smiling! Really a fun time. I am so happy we decided to do it.

Mary Ellen, good luck getting your son off to college. I can hardly believe I have one old enough for (semi) organized sports activities, let alone a kid going off to college.

Trust me, it goes fast. We just got his move in time and its 10:30 am. That's great because some people have move in times starting at 6:30am. We live 2 hours away with one stop, so it should work out perfect. :thumbsup2

Your upcoming trip sounds lovely, too.

I'm really looking forward to a quick get away. I think I have my itinerary worked out. Gotta plan just like its a Disney trip. ;)

And what gorgeous pictures of West Virginia...who knew it was so pretty? Or that they had such lovely rest stops!

WV was a fun trip. And the rest stop was so cool. Way better than the usual. I think they have about 5 or 6 of them all over the state. I had heard they were nice from another DISers who drives to WDW and she was right.

Oh, and that drink looks delicious!

It really was quite tasty!

Okay! Trying to catch up, so just got through the jungle TREK and Dawa bar pit stop... and the can can drink.. "Can, can you do the can can?" :rotfl2: Yep, you all apparently CAN!!!! :lmao: Okay, I will stop now. REGARDING the mixers, okay RUM sounds interesting, I like the idea of lemon/mango, that sounds good, actually! I am glad that you had my frothy fun drink! I will say that half and half is decadent, but it so makes the recipe! I guess you could use some regular and some fat free half and half if that would help, but why would you want to mess with perfection!!! LOL!

And it was pretty darn perfect. We never opened the vodka, we just used the rum because the first round turned out so good. I thought Cynthia was crazy for wanting a blender, but now I can see why she was so emphatic. It was a great drink and actually better than some of those Disney foo-foo drinks. Thanks for the recipe. If Cynthia and I go again next year we will definitely have a do-over. This time we'll use the vodka. :thumbsup2

I just love all those cool trek pics! You guys all look great, and all look like you are having a FABULOUS time!!! LOVE the photos!!! But I have a question, did Jen not go? I thought she was there with you? All looks like super fun. AND I can't wait for Jiko! :thumbsup2

We really did have a great time. It was definitely one of the highlights of the trip!

Jen actually went on the trek on one of her earlier trips (its hard to keep up with all Jen's trips so I don't remember when), plus her flight left that afternoon. She gave us a lot of good information ahead of time, so we had an idea of what to expect.

Melissa decided not to go the day before. She missed a good time, but I'm sure she'll get another chance to go.

Jiko is next. Boy was it good!

I've booked Kidani for 6/23-30, and we're planning on Vero starting 6/19, at the beginnin of the trip. I can't book Vero yet because I have to wait for the 7-month mark, but that's the plan. :banana:

Figures! - looks like you will be arriving around the time we are going home. :sad2: I am hoping for an 8 - 9 night trip. I can't remember if you have been to Vero or not, but you will love it. We did a trip like that were we stayed at VB first and it was awesome. So pretty and relaxing and so fun to go back and forth from the pool to the beach in about 10 steps.

:banana::banana::banana: I can't wait to see how you like it - I'm anxiously waiting for the time when we have enough points again to do that - banking and borrowing for 2013 with the kids, Maybe I could rent points for the end of that trip for Vero??? Just occurred to me. We might need a little rest after entertaining all the grandkids! I know I can count on you to give a good honest report!!!

:banana::banana::banana: I can't wait to see how you like it - I'm anxiously waiting for the time when we have enough points again to do that - banking and borrowing for 2013 with the kids, Maybe I could rent points for the end of that trip for Vero??? Just occurred to me. We might need a little rest after entertaining all the grandkids! I know I can count on you to give a good honest report!!!

Vero is great. I can't imagine not liking it. I went to look for pictures in my 2008 TR and see that I completely dropped the url. I'll have to look for some Vero pictures to post. We stayed 3 nights (sunday to weds) in a 1 Br. We had a spectacular ocean view. 3 nights really only gave us two full days, but it was still heaven. We just rotated from the beach to the pool to the room with the ocean view (for lunch and snacks) and repeated. We didn't eat at the resort restaurabts, but we did get take out from a place within walking distance. we hit the walmart for breakfast and lunch supplies. We also ate in VB proper one evening.

We borrowed bikes, a soccer ball, played tennis and miniature golf. It was so relaxing. Great fun!

Loved all the pics from the CD!! :thumbsup2 Very proud of all of you making it across the bridge- with great smiles on your faces. :goodvibes

WV looked gorgeous- I have always heard how beautiful it is, but have never stopped, only briefly clipped it driving through to somewhere else.

MEK- hope you enjoy Williamsburg- I have always read good things about the timeshares there. And good-luck moving into college- :hug:

Ellen:flower3:

BTW- have you looked over on Mousecellaneous? Jim Lewis got fired without severance- big stuff- 2 other execs were let go as well. Aulani hasn't been sold for the past month because of a screw-up with underestimating annual dues on points. There are some fascinating threads over there on the DVC boards....

Loved all the pics from the CD!! :thumbsup2 Very proud of all of you making it across the bridge- with great smiles on your faces. :goodvibes

I know. We are all smiling big time! That was so fun to see! It was contagious! It was great. Knowing you - you would be bouncing that bridge too!

WV looked gorgeous- I have always heard how beautiful it is, but have never stopped, only briefly clipped it driving through to somewhere else.

And I only saw a very small section of it. I bet there is some gorgeous scenery there. Nick spent several days there before soccer camp and he loved it!

MEK- hope you enjoy Williamsburg- I have always read good things about the timeshares there. And good-luck moving into college- :hug:

Ellen:flower3:

I was there once before when the boys were much younger. We did mostly BG and the water park because we didn't think they would tolerate the history part. I want to do more history!

BTW- have you looked over on Mousecellaneous? Jim Lewis got fired without severance- big stuff- 2 other execs were let go as well. Aulani hasn't been sold for the past month because of a screw-up with underestimating annual dues on points. There are some fascinating threads over there on the DVC boards....

I heard that and I read a little bit about it yesterday. But nothing of substance. Guess I better go back and read some more today! Interesting indeed!

A few last trek pics of our lunch and end of the day. On a side note, I am REALLY glad I didn't buy Aulani yet with the big news...not really sure what it means for those who did or what the mess really is but I'm glad to wait it out!

I was SO close, twice!

Not sure if I posted this one before, if so sorry, these guys were not remotely interested in us but wow, fun to watch!

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

I loved loved loved watching the elephants!
Continued in next post

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

Lunch break! SO amazing, beautiful, yummy and…sigh. I’d love to be there right now!

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

A few more animals

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

And last but not least…the whole gang! One final shot. It was a great adventure :goodvibes

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter