How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

I use mine at my in-laws' lake house and get ribbed over it all summer by just about everyone there. I don't care - no one ever grabs my beer by accident!

Exactly! Most grown-ups don't want to be caught with a Disney mug outside Disney. I, on the other hand, display mine quite proudly.

I got lost there for a while, but I'm finally caught up. Well, at least I WAS caught up until this latest update :upsidedow

Yeah! I'm caught up now, except on the links. But I haven't read another TR in at least 5 days so I am ridiculously far behind on everyone elses. I hope I can sneak a little catching up tomorrow!!!!!

MEK - sounds like you had an exciting weekend! :) Your MK pictures are stunning! I can't believe you get up and go running, even at WDW! On vacation! That is discipline! I love the mosaic pictures...I can never get them without people in them! Lovely!

It was a fun and very hectic weekend. It was hard getting up for work today. :rotfl:

Did you buy the TJMaxx mugs? I want six of them, but I just don't have enough room right now, so I settled for one. I love it.

Melissa and Cynthia are both so talented!

I do like the TJMaxx one, but I was talking about the resort mugs :goodvibes I guess everyone has those! :rotfl2:

Those mosaics are really intricate. I don't know if I've ever really taken the time to look at them.

I hadn't booked the spa at all for this day and trip b/c overall it was a quick trip and i knew I wanted enough sunshine time AND we had a fun lunch planned this day that I wanted to be sure to be ready for! :thumbsup2. I would like to try it someday though!!

So proud of you for exercising on vacation and even more so when not feeling 100%. The excuses come way too easily to me. :sad2:

Looks like a fun morning in the MK! :)

Great pics of the castle mosaics! It seems like there's always someone milling about there, making me feel all rushed too!

Can't wait to see your pics of the new HM queue - I must say, that's one of the things I'm most looking forward to seeing in January!

Bright blue skies and a a beautiful day to click away and enjoy the MK!!!

Enjoying the journey.

I love your MK photos!
There is nothing like seeing the castle for the first time.
Now, time to catch up on the other updates.:surfweb:

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah! :rotfl: Seriously, I completely understand. Your kids are getting your undivided attention and I saw how they stalked you while you were at Disney. I am sure they NEVER leave you alone at home.

How is your leg? I hope its better!

You are so very right! They, never, ever leave me alone!!!! EVER!! I can't even go to the bathroom alone! I must admit, I'm really looking forward to Ryan being in preschool 5 mornings a week in the fall!

Aww, thanks for asking about my leg! It's still hugely swollen and hurts like a son of a gun! I got the script for the MRI yesterday, just waiting for the authorization! I really hope nothing is torn or anything!!!

I love your pictures MEK. They are so pretty. I really love the Castle ones and the mosaic ones.

MaryEllen, love the "personal" photo updates.

Hooray for a no headache day and getting to the MK shortly after rope drop. I've never been able to take pictures of the mosaics as it is always so darn crowded when we go through there (I want to try harder this year).

I'm finally all caught up! So I'm going to give my updates to everything that happened since I last added my update!

I was very, very far behind!! All the way back at Raglan Road on our first night all together!

OMG I was further behind then I thought! I was way back before dinner at Raglan Roads!

Of course, before dinner at Raglan Road Christine and Tracy and I did stop at the margarita stand! I can’t remember what I got but I have a sneaking suspiscion it was wither the Patron Anejo Rita or the 1800 Rita! Whichever it was it was good and like Tracy’s it was gone all too quickly. I remember talking myself out of getting one for the walk over to Raglan! LOL!

I really enjoy Raglan Roads! MY family does as well! We ate our first meal there in December and I don’t think it will be our last! Of course, in my family the irish pub thing is very popular! MaryEllen, I most agree that the booth was not at all comfy! I still want to know why the table was shorter then the actual seat bench!!! That left the people on the end which ½ as much room!

World of Disney of ridiculously crowded that night!! OMG! I do believe I managed to procure some goods for the kiddos and some beach towels to leave in big purple box of happiness! I believe I also got the spend enough $$ and get this item for $15 deal of another beach towel which I used during the trip!

BTW, Holy Moly with the picture of the bobcat Cynthia! I must admit, I was slightly freaked out when you ladies told me about it! A BOBCAT! Crazy! I saw a gator once and that was scary too!

So, now I’lll my night after DTD! Back in the room I relaxed and got ready for bed. I layed in bed, watched the news and checked email and FB on my ipad. Then I decided to check my bank account online. I have this ocd thing where I check it at least twice a day at home. So I checked! I noticed a lot of money that should have been in my account wasn’t! What was worse was that it was my trip $$! Then I discovered the problem! I had taken a car service from my house to the airport so DH didn’t have to get up at some ungodly hour of the morning to take me to the airport. I should have been charged a little over $100 for the trip. The charges to my card, and there were 3, totaled well over $2000!!! I almost had a heart attack! You know that feeling you get when you get scared or really nervous? The only where you get a little dizzy and it feels like the world is spinning around? That was how I felt!! Of course, it was around 11 at night! What was I going to do?!

I called the limo company and left a message and then I called the bank! I must say, after this incident I LOVE my bank!!! I spoke to a very nice lady who told me what procedures to follow etc and she apologized that this happened when I was on vacation! I thanked her profusely and then tried to go to sleep!

Needless to say, it was very hard to fall asleep! Luckily I had some bottles of wine I had brought from home and was in desperate need of a glass! A nice big glass of wine later and I was asleep!

The next morning I was up bright and early trying to get this little situation resolved!

I called the limo company around 8 am, I think. Of course, it being Sunday there was no one there! So I left a message demanding a call back ASAP!

I showered, got myself ready and waited. When I hadn’t gotten a call back at 9 I called them again! I spoke to a very young sounding girl who said that the owner of the company wouldn’t be in because it was Sunday but she would leave a note and have her take care of it the next day!

Really?! Are you that stupid?! At that point I got annoyed! Really annoyed!! I told her that she would call the owner of the company right then and have it taken care of or I would call the police because they were trying to steal my money! She changed her tune and said she’d call owner and call me right back.

About 15 minutes later the girl called me and said the owner was on her way there and she would take care of it! I told the girl that I was on vacation and they were ruining it and this must be taken care right now!! She promised me a call back from the owner when she got there!

I went back and forth about what to do! I was annoyed at that point because I really wanted to be in MK! I knew Jen and Christine were both headed there and I really wanted to ride HM with Jen! I could wait in the room until the stupid owner called me, but she was going to call my cell phone and I’d have it with me. So I decided to leave and head to MK!

I was stressed and annoyed but I knew a little Disney Magic would help immensely! It did!

My MK pics;

lunch!

After lunch we split up I did a little shopping! I don’t think I bought anything! I was afraid to spend any $$!!!

A few more MK pictures;

Back at BC I called the limo company again and spoke to the girl in the office again, not the owner, who had never called me! She promised that the charges were being reversed and it had all been taken care of! I tried to let it go and believe that they were trying to do the right thing and they had just screwed up!

MEK, I felt sooooo bad for you that day! What a terrible way to feel on vacation!! I hope our nice relaxing afternoon at the pool helped!

Cynthia, I must agree that the whole alone thing is a bit weird!! Traveling with DH is much different then traveling with the kids but my alone time was so much different all together! I didn’t have to worry about anyone but me! What I wanted to do! Where I wanted to go!!! WOW!! Your pictures of your time alone are AMAZING!! So beautiful! Your pics from the Libery Belle are amazing!! I don’t think I’ve been on that since I was a kid!

So I got ready and meet the other ladies at the pool! Of course, the way things were going I really needed a nice relaxing afternoon at the pool! I had such a nice time laying by the pool, or floating in the pool enjoy some relaxation! This is what this trip was about for me! Relaxing and having a great time with great friends!!

Now you all may remember MaryEllen and I mentioning my cell phone ringing numerous times the first night we were together! That seemed to be how this afternoon was supposed to go too!

DD called hysterical crying about flowers they had purchased and were planting at home! She was freaking out! I was 1000 miles away and couldn’t do anything about it! UGH! I ended up calling DH on his cell phone, then getting a call back from DD and having to call DH again! I wasn’t going to tell DH about the limo company because he has tendency to get really mad about stuff like that. But I was so annoyed and upset about the phone calls I told him and explained to him that they needed to knock it off and let me have a vacation!! I believe the ladies threatened to take my phone! LOL! I also believe I was tempted to throw it in the pool!!!!

MaryEllen, I love the picture of us in the pool! I also love that I’m laughing! Just shows what a fun trip it was!! I think it was that day that the kid was chasing the ducks! That annoyed me too!

Um, I don’t remember drinking wine at the pool that day! But that’s my hand with the French manicure!

Wigd, I can’t believe you’ve never used the quiet pool! I LOVE that pool sooooooo much! I was so relaxing and wonderful!!! Of course, being without my kiddos not listening to other peoples kids screams was very relaxing! LOL!

C, your Epcot pictures are wonderful!!! You know I agree on the drink in MK thing!! Really! I could totally use a slushy after IASW or wait 45 minutes for Dumbo!

BTW, I’m a Rabbit! People born in the Year of the Rabbit are articulate, talented, and ambitious. They are virtuous, reserved, and have excellent taste. Rabbit people are admired, trusted, and are often financially lucky. They are fond of gossip but are tactful and generally kind. Rabbit people seldom lose their temper. They are clever at business and being conscientious, never back out of a contract. They would make good gamblers for they have the uncanny gift of choosing the right thing. However, they seldom gamble, as they are conservative and wise. They are most compatible with those born in the years of the Sheep, Pig, and Dog.

Some true. Some, not so much!

Anyway, BlueZoo!!! BlueZoo!!! How I loved that meal! I honestly had no recollection of the appetizer until tracy mentioned the Low Contry Shrimp and the fact that we ended up with 1 and not 2! I had Dirty South Swordfish for an entrée! I believe Cynthia had the same thing! I was soooooo good! Soooo good! Probably one of the very best fish dinners I’ve ever had! I’m trying to work BlueZoo into our December trip because I think DH would really enjoy it! I did indeed order the 1st bottle of wine that evening! I believe it was Cake Bread, at Tracy’s reccomendation! BTW, I have the picture of Tracy trying the absinthe! I took it with my phone!

I only took a few pics at BlueZoo. We had our own personal photographer in MEK. So I didn't need too! But I did take these;

Tracy, don't hate me for this but I love it;

Tracy's flaming desert;

That TIW card really did come in handy for that bill! @ bottles of really good wine, all that wonderful food, it was great to have a little help there! The spa coupon was great too!

Yes, after dinner Jen and I walked back to BCV. Yes, we did get hit on by 2 random convention guys who wanted to know “Hey ladies, what are you doing tonight?” Umm, yeah! It was a tad weird and a tad creepy! Like Jen said, we tried not to make eye contact and I think we walked a little faster after that!

That night was also the night that Osama Bin Laden was killed. I remember getting settled back in my room, putting on my PJ’s and turning on the TV and being amazed! I texted MaryEllen and we all, minus Jen, ended up in Christine and Tracy’s room watching it on TV!

Upon getting back to my room I checked my account again to see if the charges from the limo company had been reversed. Guess what, they hadn’t! Shocking! I decided since it was after 11 at that point there was nothing I could do, so I went to sleep! The next morning was Mandara Spa!! Woo hoo!

Yay!!! Melissa is back! :yay: That limo company drama was crazy. I assume you will not be using them for upcoming trips? :rolleyes:

We did have a lovely afternoon at the pool and Bluezoo is definitely a winner. Already thinking about what to order in Oct! :laughing:

Our pj party to watch the breaking Osama bin Laden news was fun. Great story to tell when the "where were you when" question comes up. Thank goodness you texted us to inform us. Tracy and I watch Stacy exclusively so we otherwise would never have known!! :upsidedow

I'm so happy you cancelled your spa day and spent it at the MK...wise choice my friend:thumbsup2 Great pictures once again, and I feel the same way you do, I always get a lump in my throat which eventually changes into tears streaming down my face when I see that castle.....:cloud9:

MEK - sounds like you had an exciting weekend! :) Your MK pictures are stunning! I can't believe you get up and go running, even at WDW! On vacation! That is discipline! I love the mosaic pictures...I can never get them without people in them! Lovely!

I had a fun 4th of July weekend. Busy. Busy. I am still way too far behind on my Dis'ing

I run all the time, so its not a big deal. I was doing a lot of treadmill running before that trip, so I was a little bummed that I didn't have much energy.

Glad you like the pictures. I am glad I finally got a good bunch of mosaic pictures. Now maybe I will remember what that wall looks likes.

I do like the TJMaxx one, but I was talking about the resort mugs :goodvibes I guess everyone has those! :rotfl2:

Actually, I thought you might be, but I wanted to be excited that somehow else possibly I had my TjMaxx mug. :rotfl:

Those mosaics are really intricate. I don't know if I've ever really taken the time to look at them.

They are truly amazing and their is a whole story behind the mosaics. They talked a lot about it on the KTTK tour, but I can't begin to remember what our tour guide said.

I hadn't booked the spa at all for this day and trip b/c overall it was a quick trip and i knew I wanted enough sunshine time AND we had a fun lunch planned this day that I wanted to be sure to be ready for! :thumbsup2. I would like to try it someday though!!

It really IS a hard choice when time is limited. And as much as I would like a good morning of relaxation, I really needed to get back into the parks.

It WAS a fun lunch. I only took about 100 pictures before lunch, so bear with me.

So proud of you for exercising on vacation and even more so when not feeling 100%. The excuses come way too easily to me. :sad2:

I missed a lot of running when I was really sick, so I really was trying to ease back into it. It took me awhile to get back into it, but I have been doing really well this summer, so I am proud of myself. :thumbsup2

Looks like a fun morning in the MK! :)

I did have a really nice morning and I changed up my usual touring mode quite a bit.

Great pics of the castle mosaics! It seems like there's always someone milling about there, making me feel all rushed too!

I definitely think the trick is to go first thing in the morning. Or take the KTTK tour. Nobody gets in your way then!

Can't wait to see your pics of the new HM queue - I must say, that's one of the things I'm most looking forward to seeing in January!

I know the queue pictures that were already posted were really quite good. I don't have anything that tops those, but I did get a good inside pix. ;)

Bright blue skies and a a beautiful day to click away and enjoy the MK!!!

Enjoying the journey.

It really was a beautiful day and I certainly did click away. I clicked and clicked and clicked.....well, you get the idea.

Glad you are enjoying!

I love your MK photos!
There is nothing like seeing the castle for the first time.
Now, time to catch up on the other updates.:surfweb:

Thanks! And, you are so right - there IS nothing like that first glimpse of the castle. I will never, ever tire of it.

You are so very right! They, never, ever leave me alone!!!! EVER!! I can't even go to the bathroom alone! I must admit, I'm really looking forward to Ryan being in preschool 5 mornings a week in the fall!
:rotfl: I know I shouldn't laugh, but I remember what it was like to finally go to the bathroom and not have someone pushing the door to open it. Or running in there hoping for just 30 seconds of peace before someone calls your name. :rotfl:

You will love having Ryan in preschool and he will love it, too. Well, maybe not at first, but eventually.

Aww, thanks for asking about my leg! It's still hugely swollen and hurts like a son of a gun! I got the script for the MRI yesterday, just waiting for the authorization! I really hope nothing is torn or anything!!!

That's so terrible. I hope it starts improving really soon. I am sure the MRI is just a precaution. It's just going to take time for an injury like that to improve.

I love your pictures MEK. They are so pretty. I really love the Castle ones and the mosaic ones.

Thanks! I love those mosaics, too. They are so beautiful to just stare at all the intricate details.

MaryEllen, love the "personal" photo updates.

Thanks!!! I had fun posting them.

M
Hooray for a no headache day and getting to the MK shortly after rope drop. I've never been able to take pictures of the mosaics as it is always so darn crowded when we go through there (I want to try harder this year).

I was so relieved to not wake up with a headache. What a relief!

You definitely need to get there early to get pix of the mosaics. If you head there you will be in good shape.

Great real life update! Am glad you enjoyed 4th of July! :goodvibes

It was a very fun and very busy weekend. But that's what summer is for, right?

Love the new mug and wristlet :thumbsup2

Thanks! I love them, too! That wristlet is so very cool.

World of Disney of ridiculously crowded that night!! OMG! I do believe I managed to procure some goods for the kiddos and some beach towels to leave in big purple box of happiness!

:rotfl2: I love this saying - a big purple box of happiness!!!!! That's great!

I forgot all about the credit card debacle. I am so glad you eventually got that straightened out. That was a crazy, crazy mistake. I think they owe you a free trip to the airport.

Love your pictures!

Lunch looks so yummy!

Yay!!! Melissa is back! :yay: That limo company drama was crazy. I assume you will not be using them for upcoming trips? :rolleyes:

Really. they owe her a free trip, if you ask me.

We did have a lovely afternoon at the pool and Bluezoo is definitely a winner. Already thinking about what to order in Oct! :laughing:
:thumbsup2 Tops in my book.

Our pj party to watch the breaking Osama bin Laden news was fun. Great story to tell when the "where were you when" question comes up. Thank goodness you texted us to inform us. Tracy and I watch Stacy exclusively so we otherwise would never have known!! :upsidedow

I originally forgot that was the same night, but then again I was a little "off" that night. I remember getting the text first from my son Brian. It all seemed surreal. I enjoyed our pajama party.

I'm so happy you cancelled your spa day and spent it at the MK...wise choice my friend:thumbsup2 Great pictures once again, and I feel the same way you do, I always get a lump in my throat which eventually changes into tears streaming down my face when I see that castle.....:cloud9:

I think it was a wise choice, indeed! I know it can be heard to hold back those tears, because, to me, the castle is completely symbolic of my happy place. It's like stepping into a time and place where all is right with the world.

I use my refillable mugs all the time - take them to work etc. I have found they are better for cold than hot drinks. I use. The christmas one during December and now I'm using the summer beachy one!
I'm slowly replacing all my ceramic type mugs with Disney ones. My mom asked me to keep one other one for her because shed feel bad if she dropped a Disney mug and it broke! I said it would be fine, id just go back to WDW for another one!

Melissa - I am so sorry about the limo money stress and you kids pestering you! I would have Been mad at my DH for not telling them to leave me alone!

Such lovely castle pictures! Makes me just sigh...

That's the same piano player that we saw in 2004 when my DD was three and danced to the music!

Melissa, I am so sorry about all the limo drama. That is just wrong that the owner did not contact you immediately. I can certainly see it putting a damper on your trip.

Your MK photos are great!

Wow, what an awful limo story! They should've driven you to the parks every day after that one! Heck, forget that - you should've been in the MK afternoon parade, hanging out of the sun roof of one of their limos! I think that sounds fair, doesn't it??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter