How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

Hi there :wave: I am Tracy, from Upstate NY, DVC member since 2007 and have been to WDW many times growing up....we generally went every year until I graduated HS. :goodvibes I took my niece on a trip in 2006 and it was all over for me. I drank the kool-aid, joined DVC and have been feverishly planning trips ever since :laughing: I am 40 :scared1:, work in sales/management and live with my fabulous nine year old minature pinscher Ziggy :goodvibes

My favorite time of the year to visit is October. I :lovestruc F&W. This coming October I am so happy to be staying at the BCV. I had the first five nights secured and when I was down there last week I received an email saying that my last two nights came through on the waitlist :yay: My 15 year old niece will be joining be again on this trip (as well as a few other fabulous Diser's ;))

This is me from last May....I really don't like posting pictures of myself but bear with me I am trying to get used to the idea :rolleyes1 Note the picture from France.....The one on the left is from last May and the one on the right from this May....:rolleyes1 I do adore France ;)

IMG_8299.jpg

I was the last one to arrive sometime on Saturday afternoon :upsidedow I was trying to see about getting an earlier flight on Friday because the shuttle was supposed to take off Friday afternoon :rolleyes: Something I have always wanted to see but didn't miss it because it is now scheduled for Monday :sad2:
When I arrived everyone was over at Epcot....hmmmm wonder what they were all up to?? :rolleyes1

Tracy

Here to hear all about the crazy girl fun I know you all had!!! LOL!

:welcome: Jackie! It was one crazy trip. Lots of fun! What was really nice was we each did our own thing at times, but we had plenty of girls time too.

This is going to be a fun read I can not wait :)

:welcome: Fla fan!!!!! Thanks for joining in. We will do our best to keep you entertained.

MCO is my favorite airport, of course! When we see those mosaic tile floors, we know the fun is about to begin!!!

:welcome: MeMom! It is the best airport, isn't it? And I love those tiles. So pretty!

It made me smile to read that the trip was full of laughter. I know it was such a fun group. :goodvibes

It was a great trip! It was a great group! It was great weather! Couldn't ask for more.

I am looking forward to reading along as we countdown to July 1st, when we take off again.

July 1st! WOOT! That is right around the corner now!

Yay, great intro Mary Ellen, this is going to be such a fun trip report! :cool1: And hi Christine, nice to "meet" you! :wave: Can't wait to read more!
:welcome: Nermel! So glad you are here for the fun! Hopefully we will keep you entertained until its almost time for you to go in October!!!!!

I love reading about girl's trips to WDW! :lovestruc It's a dream of mine to coordinate a girls trip with my friends in the future. We are new DVC members so hopefully the dream will become reality sooner than later :goodvibes

:welcome: Disneymom! This was a true girl's trip. NO men allowed. Well, expect for the occasional phone call Melissa got from her stressed out husband. I hope you are able to plan your girls trip. And congrats on joining DVC. You won't regret it!

What a great and creative intro Mary Ellen!! That is awesome!!! Loved it! I have copied and pasted it to keep and scrapbook later on!!!

:welcome: Jen! I am referring you to you as our south almost west line. Considering you are two time zones away from us East Coast girls, I think you are qualify as west.

So I guess its my turn to introduce myself! I'm Jen and yes I sneaked away after state testing for a long weekend and boy am I glad that I did!! This was a great trip and I really enjoyed the time with the ladies! There was so much laughter and good times can't wait to share those with you all!!!

It was a trip full of laughter and good times!!!!!! Definitely a ton of fun! I am so glad you were able to arrange to go after testing. I am still so jealous that you will be back there in a few weeks. I think you are our frequent flier!

My favorite ride...Haunted Mansion and let's just leave it at this. Small children and I had way too much fun in the new queue LOL!!! I may have spent way too much time back there and can't wait to go back again LOL!!!

I got tons of pictures in the queue. It really was fun!

WOOT! to that!!!! That was a nice rental car! Thanks for being our chauffer for the first day!

Ooo! The East meets West trip! I've got to follow this one.

:welcome: Glenn. You darn well better follow this TR! It wouldn't be the same without you!

Checking in! Looking forward to your adventures together!:cool1:

:welcome: Tammie! So glad to have you following along for all our crazy adventures!!!!!!

Hi there :wave: I am Tracy, from Upstate NY, DVC member since 2007 and have been to WDW many times growing up....we generally went every year until I graduated HS. :goodvibes I took my niece on a trip in 2006 and it was all over for me. I drank the kool-aid, joined DVC and have been feverishly planning trips ever since :laughing: I am 40 :scared1:, work in sales/management and live with my fabulous nine year old minature pinscher Ziggy :goodvibes

IMG_8299.jpg

Tracy
:woohoo: Woot! Great Intro Tracy and Fantastic Pictures. I absolutely LOVE the side by side pictures and I have to try that pink stuff. Appears to be quite popular on FB!!!!! I need to copy that photo on the right into the shutterfly book. It is mandatory!

I am joining in! I can't wait to read all about your adventures - I would love to go on an all-girls trip sometime. Only problem is - I have no friends :lmao: Seriously.....I never seem to have time to make friends with working full time, taking classes (working on my Associates in Hospitality/Travel/Tourism now and then will start working towards Bachelors of Business Management starting in October) plus homeschooling my DS17 (last year of homeschooling - hurray!) and being mom/grandma. So I am living vicariously through you gals :)

I'm in and I haven't even read the first post!
ETA. Okay now I've caught up! I'm excited to hear about all the fun, and apparently all the drinks!

Love the intros so far ladies! Who's next?

Sounds like so much fun!! Cant wait to read more!
:welcome: Bluejasmine! Thanks for joining in. We really did have a blast and, as Christine said, there will be plenty more subtitles for this TR.

I am joining in! I can't wait to read all about your adventures - I would love to go on an all-girls trip sometime. Only problem is - I have no friends :lmao: Seriously.....I never seem to have time to make friends with working full time, taking classes (working on my Associates in Hospitality/Travel/Tourism now and then will start working towards Bachelors of Business Management starting in October) plus homeschooling my DS17 (last year of homeschooling - hurray!) and being mom/grandma. So I am living vicariously through you gals :)

:welcome: Heaven2dc! Thanks for joining in.

Wow - you do sound incredibly busy. You must go from sun up to sun down! Yikes! I hope things quiet down for you in the near future.

That's why it was so cool that this trip worked out so well. My virtual friends turned out to be way more flexible then my friends who live a few miles away.

I'm in and I haven't even read the first post!
ETA. Okay now I've caught up! I'm excited to hear about all the fun, and apparently all the drinks!

Love the intros so far ladies! Who's next?

:welcome: Sheree! Thanks for joining in!!!!! There was lots of fun and, yes, lots of drinks! I took pictures of almost everything we consumed. (was there ever a doubt) So you will experience it all.

This seems like such a fun trip! I can't wait to read more popcorn::
:welcome: Missyrose. This was a great trip. We are so happy to have you join in for the fun! Girls trips are the best!

My name is Mary Ellen and I was actually the oldest member of the group. So old in fact that our youngest member could be my daughter. But that's OK. Age is just a number, right? RIGHT???????
Right! It's also a state of mind and yours is just right! :goodvibes And for the record...she could be my daughter too. :rotfl:

That's me on the right - with the sunglasses - and all the bags. That picture earned me quite a reputation as a sherpa. I tried to downsize this trip. But by our last night I had earned sherpa status yet again.

Not really....you stuck to one nicely sized park bag...whit a few things clipped on. Including my mug so if anything put you into sherpa status it was schlepping my mug. :rotfl: A vast improvement I think (at least in looking at previous pictures(.

In the weeks that led up to this trip we were all getting quite excited. We had ADRs planned for months and a special tour planned. We were down to our final countdown when one intrepid member got sick - Yeah - that would be me! I started a hard core diet and exercise regimen about a month before the trip. That, combined with the fact that I don't sleep enough at night, helped me come down with strep throat and a cold to boot! There were several days where I thought I might have to cancel, or at the very least, change my flight by a few days. But even though I wasn't perfect, I still managed to leave as planned. Crisis averted. Phew!

I was very worried I wouldn't have a roomie for the first few days. :scared1: so glad you managed to make it.

Here's a picture of my Max baby that I took right before leaving for the airport:

IMG_1944.jpg

Oh yeah - and here's my first drink picture of the trip. A berry smoothy from Costco!

642d107d.jpg

:rotfl: on the first drink and Max is adorable!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to take the infamous Welcome to Disney World Picture with my phone, but as you can see the Love Bugs obscured my view. Yuck!

fd7e77e5.jpg

Oh Yeah......
2c61f8d2.jpg

Do you think the driver was out of wiper fluid or did he just give up?

YUCK!

Arriving at POR I did the regular check-in. I waited 5 minutes. I was quick to request a room in the mansion section. My conversation went something like this....

"My room mate is coming in on the red eye. She will be REALLY disappointed if we don't have a mansion room. Any chance?"

that is SO funny! I had no idea you did that. I would have been dissapointed, tis true. Way to work it!!!!

I'm late I'm late for a very important date!

And...it will have to wait. :rotfl: Story of my life.

I'm Cynthia, the "west" in this story and promise to come back and do a proper introduction complete with pictures tomorrow. Given the Carol Brady nature of my life, weekends are a bit nuts around my house but the day of rest promises to be just that tomorrow and I hope to make it full of updates!

:goodvibes

Hello Ladies!!! :wave2:

I'm so excited to hear all about your trip. :banana: I love a good girls getaway story & hope to see some pictures of BCV... my dream resort too!

And - no - I would NOT want to be in Dover this weekend.

Must be race weekend up there. We get it Memorial day!!!!

Wal Mart at 3am for the best people watching!!:rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear more.

Right! It's also a state of mind and yours is just right! :goodvibes And for the record...she could be my daughter too. :rotfl:

:welcome: Cynthia! So glad you made it here! I guess we can wait another day for the introduction!

For the most part I feel like I am in the right state of mind, but I have to say that the strep throat and cold really threw me the double whammy. I haven't felt 100% healthy since and every once in a while I still get that annoying, horrible cough at night. Nick keeps asking me, "Are you OK?" You know the one I'm talking about.

I actually would love to have Jen as my daughter (who wouldn't?), cause she is just the sweetest girl and she is so smart and accomplished. She would make any mother proud! :flower3:

Not really....you stuck to one nicely sized park bag...whit a few things clipped on. Including my mug so if anything put you into sherpa status it was schlepping my mug. :rotfl: A vast improvement I think (at least in looking at previous pictures(.

You're right - I did pretty well! I guess I am thinking about how I looked in the airport. Park bag, camera bag, and big Disney shopping bag filled with assorted items. Every time I would get up to go somewhere, people who give me the "Whose the sherpa?" look. And, you know, I spent way too much time in the airport waiting to go home. (But I'll save that for the end of the trip)

I was very worried I wouldn't have a roomie for the first few days. :scared1: so glad you managed to make it.

I am too! It was close! PHEW!

:rotfl: on the first drink and Max is adorable!!!!!!!!!!

Denny looked at me like "what are you doing?" and when I said "first drink picture", he completely understood. :rotfl2:

and Max is my bud. He sleeps with me almost every night. Not great for the hot flashes, but I love him all the same!

Seriously - that was the first time I had seen the love bugs in action. Now I understand why people find them so disgusting.

that is SO funny! I had no idea you did that. I would have been dissapointed, tis true. Way to work it!!!!

Oh yeah - I totally worked that angle. How could they say no to someone who was flying from across the country and checking in at 8am? The idea actually came to me while I was in line. :rolleyes1

I'm late I'm late for a very important date!

And...it will have to wait. :rotfl: Story of my life.

I'm Cynthia, the "west" in this story and promise to come back and do a proper introduction complete with pictures tomorrow. Given the Carol Brady nature of my life, weekends are a bit nuts around my house but the day of rest promises to be just that tomorrow and I hope to make it full of updates!

:goodvibes

:rotfl2: Carol Brady! You are a bit like Carol Brady. And I mean that in a good way - energetic, organized, compassionate. I'll have to think about what Brady character best suits me. :rotfl2:

Hello Ladies!!! :wave2:

I'm so excited to hear all about your trip. :banana: I love a good girls getaway story & hope to see some pictures of BCV... my dream resort too!

:welcome: Amy! Thanks so much for joining in! I have lots of pictures of BCV to show you. And it has always been my dream resort, too. I have been trying to stay there for awhile. It really was wonderful and I, personally, think the customer service was better there than any place I have stayed so far. They just seemed to have a little extra bit of niceness. (Is that a word? :laughing:)

Must be race weekend up there. We get it Memorial day!!!!

Wal Mart at 3am for the best people watching!!:rotfl2:
:welcome: Poolrat. It is, indeed, race weekend. Surprisingly my friday afternoon traffic was not horrendous, so I think I got lucky.

My husband gets SO MAD at me when I start whispering "people of Walmart" comments to him. :rotfl: What can I say? Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Can't wait to hear more.

Stayed tuned. Lots more coming!

Oh I am SO in on this! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Disneyfreak. We are so happy to have you along for the ride. Looks like you have some great summer trips planned!

Christine and Tracy,

When are your October dates? Are you going to be there the same time?

Just wondering...;) (You know I am absolutely jonesing for a trip at this point.)

Christine and Tracy,

Just wondering...;) (You know I am absolutely jonesing for a trip at this point.)

Well if you are jonesing, you've come to the right place. You know how effective we are at "enabling the habit!" :lmao:

I'm there 10/13-22 and think Tracy and her niece are there 10/15-22 :woohoo:

Come on down!!! Food & Wine and MNSSHP... :)

------------------

Just wanted to add my :welcome: to "old" and new friends alike. Thanks for joining us. It really was a super fun trip that will hopefully be fun to read about!

Christine and Tracy,

OOOH OOOH can I help with the enabling!!!:rotfl: I'm going to be down there the 14th through the 19th of October!!!!

Well if you are jonesing, you've come to the right place. You know how effective we are at "enabling the habit!" :lmao:

I'm there 10/13-22 and think Tracy and her niece are there 10/15-22 :woohoo:

Come on down!!! Food & Wine and MNSSHP... :)

------------------

Just wanted to add my :welcome: to "old" and new friends alike. Thanks for joining us. It really was a super fun trip that will hopefully be fun to read about!

Brooklynn and I are coming October 15th to 19th. Jen and Anita will be there, too, around that time. Maybe we could have a meet for everyone at a resort on the night of the 15th? Do you know your schedule? I think we will do Hollywood Studios (or possibly MK) on arrival day, Epcot, MK, AK, and then MK for our 1/2 day leaving day. We (our friend, Kay, is bringing her granddaughter, too) will let the little girls decide whether to spend more time at MK and drop Hollywood Studios altogether or go to Hollywood when we get in at lunchtime on Saturday.

Jackie, here you go messing with our minds again about a trip! :laughing: Would this be you and Charles for a long weekend or all of you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter