How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by MEK, May 13, 2011.

1. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

I am home and will try to post links to the most recent updates by Melissa and Cynthia. Nick's team did about average in the tournament. Brian held down the home front. And I left my camera battery at home so I couldn't take pictures. It fell out of my bag and I could not find a local place to get a replacement. I did take same iphone pics and some pics on Denny's new droid phone, so we'll see how they turn out.

I have a parade tomorrow and I am beat right now, but I promise to get to links and updates soon.

Hope everyone is enjoying their memorial day weekend!!!!!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Happydog

Happydog DIS Veteran

YES amazing photos!!! YOU have a great camera and an even better eye for some great shots! NICE!

Kouzzina breakfast looks so amazingly good! I must say those benigets too! Brings be back to NOLA last summer! :rotfl:

Jen got lost in the Bayou, huh??!! :rotfl2:

SUPER fun and I can't wait to see that Disney show on HGTV I JUST saw the preview last night... I wonder if the topiaries from the F & G show will show up!!! :thumbsup2

4. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

It was very good. Great location and not overly crowded or rushed. And - yes - there WAS a lot of indulgence in this trip and it was all fun.

Thank you. That was just my DH's comment. He's so supportive. :laughing:

Do they sell those at Disney. :rotfl: I'm guessing not since anybody already there probably felt like htey won the lottery.

I can get pretty creative when it comes to caffeine. ;)

Thanks. I don't do too many B&W photos, but they are a fun edit every once in awhile.

I have to agree that if your Disney home is the BC, then a champagne drink to start things off is a splendid idea.

I was shocked at how big POR is. I completely forgot! It's huge.

I am so glad you enjoyed the beignets. I was planning to run to POFQ that morning, so a side trip to get beignets was pretty darn easy. And the best - it made my run shorter since it was awkward to carry the beignets home while running. So I actually got to slow down and enjoy the walk. :thumbsup2

I almost forgot about the GPS voice. That was too funny! Much better than my GPS, Ellie.

Your breakfast did look quite yummy. I should have ordered that, but I guess I wasn't feeling super adventurous yet. My diet had been pretty basic right up to the time we left for the trip since I had been sick.

Thanks!

Having to choose between Pepe and Darth? Now that could be quite a dilema! :confused3

The walk to POFQ is so lovely that its a wonderful opportunity to go get beignets. Then you burn off the calories on the way back. ;) I would definitely like to eat at Kouzzina again, too. Next time I stay at BCV or BWV.

It is so hard to be cold and try to fall asleep. It just doesn't work. But I guess they have to be safe with the multiuse stuff. Just funny they didn't have a restock.

Glad you are enjoying the pix.

Funny we are talking about this, because Denny managed to find some that we took to Gettysburg. Now I have two packets of hundreds of coffee filters that I'll only ever use at Disney.

You have a french press in your OL? Talk about being prepared! And soon you will have a blender. You are a very stocked DISer. And that French toast looked so yummy!

I have to say that I am the main reason we switched the ressie to POR. The AP rate did make POR a better deal compared to the Swolphin (especially with all the fees they tack on). Plus we got ME with the POR room. Plus I have a thing for POR - A sentimental attachment to it. BUT, most importantly, I had a bunch of AAA rebate certificates that I used to pay for the room. I really needed to use them up as some were expiring. I tried to get my AAA agent to use them on the Swolphin, but that would have jacked the rate way up to the point that it made no sense.

But, I agree, I would like to try the Swolphin. Especially if I am booked at BCV or BWV in the future and I have a car.

The topiaries are so cool. They add so much to Epcot and the world showcase. I will never tire of them.

I will definitely check out that special. It sounds pretty cool.

Exactly! All this talk is making me want to stay at the Boardwalk again! :rotfl:

5. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Just don't wear anything dark, because they are SUPER messy! Just a friendly warning.

More now, thanks to Sheree!!!! :worship:

So - you've had them before and they were good and this time not so much? :confused3 How did that happen? I loved Mexican too and it is disappointing when the food does not live up to your expectations.

Yes, I was on my way.....texting and walking into unsuspecting park guests and their offspring.

Awww - you hid your rita evidence from me. How thoughtful! :hug: I assure you, I will never make that mistake again.

You know - I remember thinking how technology is a great thing, but it really does make you way too accessible when your kids are having a crisis. However, that accessibility is crucial if they REALLY have a crisis. Dorothy knew that you could help her out, even miles away from home.

I love morning in the world, too. It is so quiet and peaceful and it has a feel all of its own. Those peaceful moments don't last long, so you have to enjoy them when you can.

It really was fun to meet everyone for the first time and feel like old friends. Its a very good feeling!

Melissa's pictures are stunning! Just gorgeous!

The drummers look like a picture straight out of National Geographic. Kuddos! :worship:

When it rains it pours. I am glad the updates have slowed down a tad. Even I need to catch up! :rolleyes1

I think the two or you would be quite compatible in the coffee department! You both love your Starbucks!

I rock, don't I? :rotfl: You guys really need to try them. They are a unique (although messy) treat!

All of Melissa's pix were stellar!

All I can say is if you like margaritas at all, you really MUST try one. They really are all that and more!

Thank you! I really do enjoy photographer, but have so much to learn. I am really thinking about taking one of the on line courses Melissa told me about.

GGS - yum! Its like 95 degrees here today and one of those would be soooooooo delightful!

And - yes - all DISers must try a beignet!

We thank you!

They are worth the trip. They make them right there while you wait, so they come out perfectly warm and yummy!

Thank you! All the topiaries were so fun. I hope I got pictures of all of them this year because I missed quite a few last year. So this year I was on a mission.

This was actually Nick's tournament. Now that Brian is graduating he is done with Memorial Day tournaments. It was nice that BOTH Denny and I got to go to Nick's tournament for a change. It's usually just one of us.

Someone needs to develop a way to make those slushies in a regular blender. I'm sure they would never taste as good. :laughing:

WOOT! How wonderful!!!!! We all hope you have an absolutely awesome trip! Have a bite for me!

Are you getting some ideas for your upcoming trip????? :lmao:

Ditto! Morning is way too early for that nonsense!

I am SO trying this the next time I eat there. :thumbsup2

Oh No!!!!! Not that again!!!!!!:rotfl:

6. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

They don't turn out well if you use an automatic mode. You need to use a programmed mode with a fast shutter speed. The flash does not help and just slows things down. I got some good tips by watching you tube videos. They have you tube videos of everything. You should adjust your own ISO too so its set for night time shots.

That's what I mean about technology. When we were little we couldn't call our parents every 30 mins while they were away. We talked to them once or twice and day and its was all good. But, seriously, I think the kids were just missing her to death and it was cute listening to her encourage them to relax. :hug:

It is hard to follow a multiple TR, isn't it? I have trouble myself, so I hope we can keep it organized for our readers. We will try!

And - you would love a girl's trip. I hope there is one in your future!

I know I said this twice before, but I have to whole heartedly agree.

I hope to update soon. Once I get through with replies and posting update links. Oh, and catching up on everyone else's TR. :laughing:

The soccer tourney was fun! It will be our last time at Gettysburg because they will likely so college showcases next year. I wish we had gotten to do a segway tour there, but Denny and I visited the brand new Visitor's center and it was so interesting. A very nice weekend all the way around.

And, Brian did fine. He was quite proud of his housekeeping skills while we were gone! :thumbsup2

:welcome: rndmr2! Thanks for joining us and all our crazy arrival stories.

So, you just made reentry? It's so hard, isn't it? The only cures are the DIS boards and planning another trip pronto! :idea:

Thank you from all of the aspiring photogs on this trip! We promise to bring many more photos (well, at least I do since I took a bagillion)

It was very good and everyone got distinctly different entrees and we each totally enjoyed them. I would have happily eaten what everyone else ordered without any complaints. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the entrees.

Yup....Yes she did. But fortunately she found us soon enough. Hopefully that won't happen on her current trip!

That is going to be some must see TV. I am looking forward to it! I should put it in my calendar now! ;)

7. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

they were SOOO yummy!

Oh I'm sure I've got some of those coming up of me. According to my sister it's all about the head tilt angle..only I've not figured out the "right" one to keep the waddle from happening yet.

:rotfl:

Definitely my favorite breakfast there ever!

Hey, we had a hard time keeping track of it ourselves. :rotfl:

You should try Kouzzina for breakfast sometime, SO good!

And just think, the "real" indulgences haven't even started yet.

glad to oblige :rotfl:

Better safe than sorry for sure!

I think it worked out great, especially for that first night :) I'm really glad we were there for the night.

8. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

So Let's See.....Where Were We?

Well. It's Still Saturday April 30th and Jen, Cynthia, Melissa, and I have just enjoyed an awesome breakfast at Kouzzina (which I still can't remember how to spell) After breakfast we set off to find Christine in France, but she is missing. Our paths must not have crossed. We learn, later, that she is already in Mexico waiting for the Cave to open. Shocking, I know!

The rest of us lovely ladies are poking our way through Morocco. I really enjoyed this little reprieve. It was nice to have plenty of time to nose around and not feel rushed. And you know what that means in terms of pictures. Oh yeah - a few too many.

Watch out Morocco - Here We Come!

[​IMG]

Look - It's the Segway Tour Jen and I took in September

[​IMG]

If you plan to take this tour, I highly recommend taking the earliest tour of the morning. If you do, you will have the entire world showcase to yourself. Definitely worth getting up early.

I looked to see if I recognized any of the instructors, but I did not.

Oh Aladdin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't really remember what all the ladies were chatting about while we visited Morocco, because I had just fallen into the "zone". The picture zone! And Morocco was one of the countries that I hadn't spent a lot of time exploring. Fortunately, the World showcase was not at all crowded, and we had all of Morocco to ourselves. Score!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love these. I could never wear one, but I think they are very cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I love this little seating area. What a wonderful place to just sit and watch the world go by....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We took a quick detour through Restaurant Marrakesh to use the facilities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once we were back outside I could not resist a picture of Glenbo's favorite fountain.

[​IMG]

And with that, our time in Morocco had come to an end.

Next stop....Japan. Who doesn't love a picture of the Torii

[​IMG]

Continued.......

9. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Continued

[​IMG]

I think we were all pretty impressed with the bonsai trees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next Stop was the Good Ol USA!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd still like to see a girl in the Fife and Drum Corp, but I know its not gonna happen.

[​IMG]

We found a cute little garden with some more topiaries

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moving on to Italy we encountered the Lady and her tramp......

[​IMG]

A Tangled Display

[​IMG]

Next Stop - Germany

[​IMG]

For some mouth watering treats

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and Snow White

[​IMG]

I was really fascinated by all the cool plants they had in this kiosk

[​IMG]

Especially this one

[​IMG]

Over near the outpost we found these familiar friends.......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were all feeling the heat by the time we passed China

[​IMG]

Our Next Stop was Mexico where we finally found Christine hanging out at a table enjoying some tasty guacamole and a rita.

I put my camera away during our visit to the Cave. I really wanted a rita, but decided not to temp fate just quite yet. I know C had the classic, but Melissa decided to go for the special effects and here's what she enjoyed.....

[​IMG]

Sorry for the blur (phone pix). When Melissa leaned over to enjoy this little beauty, she emerged with a breast full of brightly colored salt, to which Jen responded...."Hey, you've got salt on your b@@b". That's when the quest for the perfect TR title began. And it didn't stop for the entire trip. We all really liked this title but decided it really wasn't family friendly enough.

So now there were 5 intrepid travelers. Tracy was still in the air somewhere over the United States.

Up Next......The World Showplace.

10. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

LOL all of sudden I'm glad my computer setup is CLEAR ACROSS THE HOUSE from my sleeping husband LOL!!! :rotfl:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures of Morocco...where in the world is that sitting place and how did I miss it LOL! I would have totally sat down LOL!!!! You took shots of things I didn't even notice!!

BTW the bathroom in Marrakesh...very nice and the restaurant is very pretty!! The awesome CM let us look in the restaurant!!!!! :thumbsup2 Going to have to try and eat there some day!

Aww the Cave!! I think I enjoyed a nice cool glass of water (a recurring theme LOL) and C was nice enough to share her guacamole with me WHICH WAS AMAZING!! I might have to convince Anita and Marc to make a quick stop and share some with me!!!

Oh the quest of the perfect TR title what fun times will occur on this journey LOL!!!!!

Another FABULOUS update Mary Ellen!! You ROCK!!

11. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

Alright, I'm not as far behind as I had originally feared!! Great update! That 'rita looks awesome!

I love your Morocco pics. I feel like that is a country I always go through too quickly - on our last trip we slowed down enough to buy a fez and explore the shops, but your pictures make me really want to meander through all of those little nooks and alleyways.

12. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

WOW! Great WS pictures!!! :thumbsup2 Very nicely done!

13. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Great update, MEK! As always you got some amazing pictures. Somehow the colors seem so much more vibrant in the pics both you and Melissa take. Love them!!

I think Morocco is an easy pavilion to really lose yourself in as you wind around to the back. I've never noticed that sitting area!

It was fun to finally see you guys and meet Cynthia for the first time. That guacamole is good. I think I had it at least two more times that week. :)

I just love how easy to jump right into "real life" conversations with DISers. No awkward moments at all. Well, other than Melissa's salt issue. ;)

14. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

I agree. It is so nice to just meander around in there!

Jen, hurry up and get yourself down there! I know Marc and Anita are ready for you to arrive. I'm wishing this half-day away for you, and then I'm hoping time slows down for your entire trip. :)

15. jeremysdisneymom

jeremysdisneymom DIS Veteran

Wow, those are some great photos! I have never explored Morroco in the WS that much but must do this summer! It looks beautiful.

16. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Great pictures around the World Showcase Mary Ellen! I especially like the lights in Morocco, and of course my favorite fountain. ;)

That would've made a great title for the trip report, but I can understand why you didn't go with it. :laughing:

17. sunny_stace

sunny_stace DIS Veteran

What a lovely stroll through WS! I love just meandering around there soaking it in and taking pictures. I can't wait to get to Morocco and look at all the sparkly jewellery and and get my henna tattoo! I might have to make my way over to the Cave too....;)

18. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

Time is moving so slowly LOL!! Had a quick break between PD sessions, now heading to my last one! Then it's onward to the airport!! WOOOT WOOOT!!!!!

19. All7OfUs

All7OfUs <font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into

I do love Morocco- a lot!! I love losing myself back in there, and just drinking in the atmosphere~ and speaking of drinking...

You ladies are cracking me up!! That must have gotten a few snort laughs! :lmao: Isn't the Cave a simply wonderful place to chill out? Gosh, I love it there!

20. nilla

nilla The sky is falling!

Great WS pics! I love it back there, especially on school trip days because none of the groups seem to go back that far. I guess the drinks don't make me love it any less, either.

The stuff in the caramel shop in Germany looks SO GOOD. I'm not much of a snacker, but that's more because I can't control myself and overeat at lunch and dinner. I loved watching the girl stirring the caramel, and so wanted to just dunk my head right into the bowl. Do you think they would've approved of that?

Great TR! It's the first I've actually kept up with, so you should feel honored ;)

21. manntra

manntra DIS Veteran

Mmmmm I could go for a snack from The Ditch right now....Love the crab tostadas but C informed me that they may not be available anymore :eek: (can get them from San Angel I think.) Good thing I love guacamole....I think it is wise to have something to nibble on while having a few ritas ;).
    I have a few preferred bathrooms in WS....I'll have to look more closely at Morocco :rotfl:
    Beautiful Morocco pictures and I remember stopping by and looking at all of those plants....some quite bizarre, but neat to look at. I would end up killing them all anyways!! :rotfl2:

Tracy