How do you sleep and/or contain yourselves???

wdwlovin'family

Mouseketeer
We leave for FL in 8 days!!!! After a day at wdw, we will embark on our first ever disney cruise!!! I am beyond excited and a bit obsessive! I keep checking weather.com (as if they are completely accurate 10 days out :rotfl2:) -- right now my main concern is our flights getting down there safely. I have been making lists, starting to pack, and scouring the disboards for all sorts of tidbits of infomation. I'm so excited that I can't sleep, which is going to make me a mess in a weeks time if I don't settle down. Am I completely crazy? What do you do as your trip gets close???

Try a hot bubble bath and a glass of wine right before bed. NO caffeine!!!!

If that doesn't work, I try to take a nap during the day. The main thing is to get enough rest. Also, I make sure to take a good multi-vitamin every day for a couple of weeks before the cruise. With not sleeping well, my immune system gets weak, so I want that boosted, so I don't get sick.

Also, find someone to share the excitement with. Our fellow DISers are excellent in this category. My friends and family are not so good. When I am super excited about something, I need to share, then I can relax.

Good luck.

We leave for FL in 8 days!!!! After a day at wdw, we will embark on our first ever disney cruise!!! I am beyond excited and a bit obsessive! I keep checking weather.com (as if they are completely accurate 10 days out :rotfl2:) -- right now my main concern is our flights getting down there safely. I have been making lists, starting to pack, and scouring the disboards for all sorts of tidbits of infomation. I'm so excited that I can't sleep, which is going to make me a mess in a weeks time if I don't settle down. Am I completely crazy? What do you do as your trip gets close???

I take an extra dose of Xanax.

:rotfl2:I so can relate.Last year was our 1st cruise and my DS told me I was way too obsessed with the computer!It is fun and so much info.I didin't get hardly any sleep before we left and the whole trip was first one up and last one asleep.Its good your getting everything ready,so much excitement and stress do not go well.One thing you must let go of is the whole flight thing(yes thats hard)but seriously thats out of our hands.We leave in less than a month and I am trying sooo hard not to check for a weather forcast that far away.I'm just hoping no snow storm,hope are flights not cancelled or delayed,hope everyone stays healthy.......if your crazy so am I:cool1:Have fun and take care

Understand perfectly last year I felt like the little kid on the Disney commercial that was too excited to sleep.

This will be our 4th cruise and I am still excited and DH thinks I'm obsessed. With the dis and planning. I am trying to scale it back. We leave on the Fantasy on the 5th.

Usually by that point the cruise dreams [nightmares] have started. I don't worry about them anymore because I know they are part of the process.

This will be our 4th and 5th cruise and our second b2b!!! I was the same way on our first and second and now our third. I was the only one obsessed the first time but now DH shares in my craziness:)

I can NEVER contain myself, and it can be months/years out! Disney commercials come on (like during the Christmas parade recently telecast from WDW and Disneyland) and I was a nutcase! I swear, I NEVER, EVER thought I'd be "Disney material" but they HOOKED ME!! :teacher:

oh, yeah, the kids too! HA!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter