How do you pick a night for Remy?

jelliott04

DIS Veteran
Hi all. First time DCL. There are lots of openings for Remy (except for one night) and I'd like to book. When activities first opened up, the only night available was the last night of the cruise, so I booked it.

Now that lots of other nights are available I'm wondering if I should switch, as I imagine that the last night can be hectic.

How do you pick a night before hand? IE, I'd hate to miss animators palate etc. We are assigned 2nd seating otherwise.

Jen

Hi all. First time DCL. There are lots of openings for Remy (except for one night) and I'd like to book. When activities first opened up, the only night available was the last night of the cruise, so I booked it.

Now that lots of other nights are available I'm wondering if I should switch, as I imagine that the last night can be hectic.

How do you pick a night before hand? IE, I'd hate to miss animators palate etc. We are assigned 2nd seating otherwise.

Jen

As you won't know your dining rotation until you check in at the port, it's just a guessing game. Pick a night. And, if it conflicts when you get your rotation, go to the Remy dining changes desk once onboard, to change the reservation.

:cutie:

Pick a night. And, if it conflicts when you get your rotation, go to the Remy dining changes desk once onboard, to change the reservation.:cutie:

Am I right to figure that the last night would not be a good night to do Remy?

Also, I didn't realize I could chance once on board. Thanks!

Jen

Which ship the Dream or Fantasy?

We went to Remy the last night of our 4 day Dream cruise. We had a 6pm seating time. We enjoyed every moment of it and it was absolutely worth it. BTW, I recommend doing the wine pairing. However we spent almost 3 hours there. Therefore we missed both showings of Believe. Either schedule a later dinner if seeing this is important or switch nights.

After dinner we had just enough time to pack up and put our luggage out by 10pm, but not much else.

Jen

I don't think you want Remy on your last night...as you will be packing to get suitcase out for early pickup that night. Don't know if there is a way for you to check rotation of restaurants other than to call directly to cruise line if you room # has been assigned. That last night is hectic at best and you may not want to miss anything. Good luck making your decision!

What is Believe?

Jen

Believe is one of the live theatrical products in the Walt Disney Theater.

Look at some navigators from your itinerary and you may be able to identify what nights menu or main event you are willing to miss. If pirate night doesn't interest you, that may be a good night to select. I was tired the evening we went to Castaway Cay/Pirate night on the Dream. All day on the beach with a 5k does that to me. So I would not want the best meal on the ship (Remy) on that night.

Remember you will eat in all 3 dining rooms twice and usually repeat the 1st night's location on the last night. According to other posts I have seen the Animator's Palette show will be on your first dining night there. Unless that is Pirate night, which means the show will be on your second night in AP. If you can identify which night is pirate night and it falls in the first 3 nights, then don't schedule the 3rd night from Pirate night, so you do not miss AP in case that is your rotation.

Good Luck!

I called DCL and the CM said that there are 3 rotations and that while she couldn't tell me my rotation, she could put in a request for a particular rotation.

Being that we've never been before, I figured I'd leave it up to chance. What I didn't realize is that we eat at each restaurant twice and one 3x. What I was worried about is completely missing out on one of the restaurants.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Jen

I called DCL and the CM said that there are 3 rotations and that while she couldn't tell me my rotation, she could put in a request for a particular rotation.

Being that we've never been before, I figured I'd leave it up to chance. What I didn't realize is that we eat at each restaurant twice and one 3x. What I was worried about is completely missing out on one of the restaurants.

Jen

There will be some nights with different menus on the longer cruises. If that matters to you. One night Animator's may have their normal menu and the next may be Pirate night or Golden Mickey menu, etc.

On Fantasy--at least on the Western run--they have matinee shows on the sea days (@3:30), so if you can get Remy one of those nights you can still see the show. If you have kids who want to go to Pirate Night you might want to avoid that day. I would search for Navigators for your itinerary (western or eastern) and decide what day you wouldn't mind skipping evening activities...the basic schedule is largely the same from cruise to cruise.

We eat at Remy or Palo on Pirate night. I know people will think we are nuts, but we don't like the menu on Pirate night and don't get into the deck party.

Jen

On our past cruises our dining rotation that we requested was given to us. It worked out nicely. I used to pick our Palo night based on our itinerary. I usually picked a day that we were in Nassau. Then I called and asked the dining rotation and requested the one that fit my Palo res. It worked out beautifully!

On our past cruises our dining rotation that we requested was given to us. It worked out nicely.

AAAAAHHHHHH So much to know! LOL

Being it is our first cruise, I really have no idea what rotation we'd rather. I can look up the menus online at allears but are they the same for each cruise?

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter