How do you dress a child for 80's day???

DH is helping...
MC Hammer type pants, parachute or whatever.
Acid washed jeans
NEON shirts or Preppy Collar up shirts or (yuck!!!) mesh athletic shirts

Gee, with fashions like these I wonder why I can't remember much about the guys back then...:rotfl:

My husband and I were teens of the 80's. I asked him and he says parachute pants, or tight legged jeans rolled up with no socks and eastlands. Pastel colored T-shirts with or without Blazer. I also remember turtle necks and cardigans with tight jeans and eastlands. Makes me miss the good ole days. :rotfl2:

Went to an 80s party a few years ago, lots of the guys were dresesd like breakdancers.

They had an 80s day at our daycare last year, I found guess jeans at Goodwill and rolled them tight/cuffed at ankle for my daughter, and found an Esprit shirt (that looked like it was from the 80s) to go with it.

I would think a pastel polo shirt with the collar up would be easy enough to find even today for a boy.

Oh, 80s day would be so fun to dress up for!

Easiest for a boy would like Bruce Springsteen on the cover of "Born in the USA" album ... faded jeans, white t-shirt, handkerchief in back pocket.

Second easiest ... polo shirt w/ collar turned up.

Other items ... parachute pants (different from MC Hammer pants), Izod, Members only jackets

What were those meshy belts ... buckle them long and leave the "extra" hanging.

Members only jackets

I always snicker when I hear anyone mention those jackets. I think about the quote from Shallow Hal.
"So what are you, the last member?" :laughing:

I always wanted one of those jackets when they were popular. Mom always said no. What was I thinking?

Punk Rock look was in style back then. Spiked hair, etc.

Punk is easy! A pair of fitted/skinny jeans, a T-shirt with slashes cut across it, a wide leather belt and either converse or Doc Martens. And spike up his hair. You can also "decorate" his shirt with safety pins.

in August I went to an '80's reunion tour- One of the bands was ABC and the lead singer was STILL WEARING an orange suit!:rotfl2:
Oh and Flock of Seagulls- oh my. :sad2: did not age well but still sounded great.
Oh and Belinda C. from the go'go's was adorable

It was like I stepped back in time- if I closed my eyes.
OP I hope your son has a fun day.

I always snicker when I hear anyone mention those jackets. I think about the quote from Shallow Hal.
"So what are you, the last member?" :laughing:

I always wanted one of those jackets when they were popular. Mom always said no. What was I thinking?

Punk Rock look was in style back then. Spiked hair, etc.

I had two of the Members Only jackets. :lmao:

I think it was already mentioned, but he could wear a tshirt and a blazer with the sleeves rolled up. And, no socks with dress shoes - remember Don Johnson in Miami Vice?

Mullet hairdo and large, unstructured jacket with shoulder pads - in pastel colors. Skinny tie or tee shirt. Sunglasses. A gold chain. Google an '80s Billy Ray Cyrus - singing "Achy Breaky Heart". Or Don Johnson in "Miami Vice".

DisFlan

Mullet hairdo and large, unstructured jacket with shoulder pads - in pastel colors. Skinny tie or tee shirt. Sunglasses. A gold chain. Google an '80s Billy Ray Cyrus - singing "Achy Breaky Heart". Or Don Johnson in "Miami Vice".

DisFlan

Wasn't Achy Breaky Heart from the 90's?? I knew that song in college!

My son just had spirit week and they had an 80s day. W went with 80s punk. He wore skinny black jeans with a bandana tied around his thigh, military boots, a band t-shirt and a denim vest, covered with buttons. He also wore a hat with a bigger button that said " (heart) being awesome". :lmao:

Collar up
Tight Jeans
White shoes with no socks

And... if you can find one....
a rat tail. :thumbsup2

how about pinned jeans - safety pins to make them super tight at the ankles and up as far as you want to take it. I wonder if you could still find checkerboard Vans shoes anywhere. I have noticed that a lot of the retro stuff has become now-tro (to pull a term from Christopher Guest in A Mighty Wind) :rotfl2:

a rolled bandana- like loverboy
rattail
one feathered clip on earring
billy idol!!

thin tie
footloose clothes

oh-just come to my house- I have enough 80's clothes for everyone!:rotfl:

What about the red or black pants and jacket with all the zippers?

Ah...I remember my pants. I got them from big lots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter