How Do You Decide Where to Eat at Meal Time?

No glass bottles either, and don't bring a knife. Make sure you cut up your fruit, etc. before going to the park. They won't care if you fill your backpack and/or stroller with food. Other parks, like Six Flags, do care though. So if you're visiting other attractions just remember that most will not let you bring in food.

One thing you can't bring in is food you have to make. So, no fixings to make a sandwich. You can bring in the sandwich pre made, though.
I have a question about this. Last visit we brought in sandwiches (with no problem at all!). This time, I have confirmed my gluten allergy and would like to do sandwiches for the kids and I was thinking of taking the deli meat and lettuce rolled up together. Does that count as sandwich fixings if I have them rolled together already?

You should be fine with the roll-ups as long as you've already put them together. They really just don't want you walking in with a bag full of knives and condiments and stuff to set up shop with. If you've got a small lunch or snacks packed up it's fine to bring in, if you're going to be setting up a full-on spread plan to use the picnic area.

It'd be fine. I've heard they don't like people to bring in the jar of peanut butter and the whole loaf of bread as people could try to sell the sandwiches at the park. I've also heard others have brought in the bread and PBJ jars and had no problem. I don't think they'd have a problem with it already rolled up.

I like the Pacific Wharf Cafe or Wine Country Trattoria. The Sangria at the trattoria is great

I hear ya on the $lue $ayou. Too pricey for a family of 5. Usually on a longer trip (4-6 days), we'll include about 2 reservations - one character meal and maybe a lunch at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. Other than that, I won't think about meals too much until we're in the park. Usually about an hour before lunch, I'll ask my wife what she's in the mood for. I might throw out a few options like "You want to hit that tomorrowland place with the kid's lunches, or walk over to Village Haus?" Or I might recommend a place nearby a FP that we have for around lunch time. It is rare when we say before we hit the parks, "Let's eat here today." We tend to minimize the walking, although the parks aren't too big to where my wife may say "No burgers! Let's go somewhere else." And we do. We just have to keep the kids in mind wherever we go...which means avoid Bengal BBQ until they like that kind of stuff.

We never plan meals! We always take some snacks like trail mix, granola bars, corn nuts, cookies, apples,etc. We always take water. Then we just decide as we go. Most times we do Plaza Inn, French Market(?), or baked potatoes at Harbor Galley. My husband always wants ice cream and my DS and I love the churros. We do like the veggie skewers and fruit plate at Bengal BBQ. It is very rare that we eat at a TS and I never make reservations for those beforehand.

How I decide is like this:
tummy getting hungry? If yes, how much is on me gift card? Hmm...open wallet.....hello? If there is an echo then i eat light and use my debit card. Lol

I don't know, that is what other's report. It seems silly to me.
Who would buy food from random strangers?

Don't knock it until ye try it! Lol
Hey never know! Ha ha... I've seen many a thing man.

Depends on the type of trip but we usually bring in food and/or snacks for breakfast and early lunch and then eat late lunch/dinner in the parks, mostly in DCA; LOVE doing appetizers at Cove Bar or Flo's and then we have something fast late night at DL

Ha! That wouldn't be the first time someone said that to me. ;)

I probably am. DH and I are foodies. We try to find something unique to taste and try anytime we go somewhere new. Last time we visited DLR as a couple was in 2013 and it was a quick one day trip. We didn't get to try anything tasty or unique, so this time I'd like to try maybe some of the less expensive restaurants in the New Orleans area. Just want to see if there something I might be missing out on if we skip it, even if it's just a silly churro or corn dog. I'm all for the suggestions. Thanks for the suggestions and help! :flower3:

Well, I truly enjoyed the jambalaya when I was there a few weeks ago!

We are not big breakfast eaters, so we have coffee, cereal, etc in our room. We have lunch late, probably around 1:30. After lunch is our hotel break. We return in the evening and usually do counter service for dinner. Lunch is cheaper and the heavier meal works when we take an afternoon break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!