How Do You Conquer the Post-Disney Blues?

ThistleMae

Falling More in Love Every Year!
Hello Fellow Disney folks! My trip is coming up....I've been planning for a year. I'm already anticipating the "after Disney is over depression mode." What do people do to maintain that feeling in between vacations? Any and all tips are welcome!

I like the idea of planning another trip of some kind. My sweetie and I talked about planning something for January, for our birthdays. It will have to be a three day weekend trip, nothing as expensive as Disney but something really cool and fun. It will be really cold and snowy here, so a winter weekend. Then I was thinking of Christmas and how to make that different this year....kick it up a notch somehow. Just continuing to search for ideas!

I make a trip video with all my favorite music and trip photos. Then I watch it over and over! I love reading other peoples TR on the board. It's like you are right there with them!

I make a trip video with all my favorite music and trip photos. Then I watch it over and over! I love reading other peoples TR on the board. It's like you are right there with them!
Good idea! I think I'll do it!

It can be tough. If the next one isn't too far off, I'll start working on dates and start preliminary planning.

I've always said one of the worst parts of a Disney trip is getting off that train out to the terminals at MCO. Many of those families you see walking towards you are on their way in and you're on your way out.

It can be tough. If the next one isn't too far off, I'll start working on dates and start preliminary planning.

I've always said one of the worst parts of a Disney trip is getting off that train out to the terminals at MCO. Many of those families you see walking towards you are on their way in and you're on your way out.
Awe....yeah....very blue! They are just starting and I'm going home! My sweetheart and I are planning a January vacation...not to Disney...probably two years before I go back! But, if I can throw myself into finding something fun and different to enjoy...perhaps that will help.

How true! I always feel the same way.

I immerse myself in YouTube park overviews, shows, Disney Parks, reviews. DH laughs at the absolute joy in my voice when I see a new video uploaded.

I call this my shame spiral. Mostly due to the amount of videos I watch and repeat watch, which is insane, but also due to the nature of continually clicking on related videos. There is one canadian family's youtube video I've watch about 40 times...

Also, I've been going back through all the Dis Unplugged videos and the 7 in 7s

Last edited:
I immerse myself in YouTube park overviews, shows, Disney Parks, reviews. DH laughs at the absolute joy in my voice when I see a new video uploaded.

I've never done this before, but I've been giving it a try. It helps! (Although I have to watch em on the sly, or else I get comments from non-Disney-loving DH...)

Actually, all this watching is helping me talk myself into another trip sooner than I can decently plan one.

Me and my Fiance went on a spur of the moment trip August 13 -16 of this year. Before we even left for that trip, I started planning a return for December of 2016! The August mini trip was just he and I... we have a two year old - therefore the December 2016 trip will be for all three of us.

However...after I returned, even with doing a little planning for the December 2016 trip, while figuring out our "Island Honeymoon" for December this year, yep you guessed it - we are going back to WDW December of this year!! We left WDW Aug 16 and we booked for this December on Sept 10.

Apparently I don't do well with the disney blues.

Me and my Fiance went on a spur of the moment trip August 13 -16 of this year. Before we even left for that trip, I started planning a return for December of 2016! The August mini trip was just he and I... we have a two year old - therefore the December 2016 trip will be for all three of us.

However...after I returned, even with doing a little planning for the December 2016 trip, while figuring out our "Island Honeymoon" for December this year, yep you guessed it - we are going back to WDW December of this year!! We left WDW Aug 16 and we booked for this December on Sept 10.

Apparently I don't do well with the disney blues.
LOL! Good for you! I hear you....I am not going back probably until Avatar Land opens up...but I am planning another mini vacation for January, something in the snow, horse and buggy ride, romantic white lights.....every little anything helps.

LOL! Good for you! I hear you....I am not going back probably until Avatar Land opens up...but I am planning another mini vacation for January, something in the snow, horse and buggy ride, romantic white lights.....every little anything helps.

That sounds just lovely! I live where it doesn't snow, so that would be a nice getaway.

That sounds just lovely! I live where it doesn't snow, so that would be a nice getaway.

Can I move to where you live? I'm so done with the snow. LOL! After last winter, we're making plans to move South when we retire.

No trips planned as of yet. I'm still listening to my Disney music on my iPod to try to help with the Disney Blues!!! Wishes... :wizard:

Can I move to where you live? I'm so done with the snow. LOL! After last winter, we're making plans to move South when we retire.

No trips planned as of yet. I'm still listening to my Disney music on my iPod to try to help with the Disney Blues!!! Wishes... :wizard:
Oh....so sad...I think listening to music my make me feel worse...not sure. I have several friends who have become snow birds. They are flying south mid-October. I love the fall! Wouldn't trade it...it's my favorite time of the year!

On a side note...I heard the first Halloween Party at Disney World was ridiculously packed! People were complaining about Disney overselling tickets to that event. They said the lines for Candy were insane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter