How do you carry around your money....

I would like to use my room card for all my expenses while we are there but our entire trip has already been paid for (We paid the full amount when we booked.) Can I still use this service? When I check out is that all I will be paying for, the misc. expenses? This is my first time booking/planning a trip!::MinnieMo
Setting up a room charge has nothing to do with paying the bill for your room, and thus is totally unrelated to how your room was paid for; in fact, everyone who books a package pays for their room way before they arrive at WDW.

Room charge is specifically and only a means of paying for purchases that you make anywhere in WDW that takes room charge (which is everywhere in the parks and resorts, and some places in Downtown Disney). It is a convenience to pay for all of these things with the room charge rather than with cash or with a credit card. The convenience of room charge over a credit card is that at the end of your vacation you have one big total charge for all of those purchases, versus having a multi-page credit card bill/bank statement that lists 107 separate transactions.

I agree with everything CleveRocks said in the previous two posts. We used our room charge for the popcorn carts, ice cream places, etc. We don't bring much cash and most of it goes toward tips for Mousekeeping or the ME driver. It's so convenient.

We have travellers cheques (from the uk) which we leave in the hotel safe and just carry enough for that days food. Everything else gets charged to a credit card. We don't like carrying cash

My memory respectfully but very strongly disagrees with your memory.

The popcorn carts, the ice cream carts, all of those carts on wheels that are put away every night ... they all accept room charge, credit cards, etc.

Mostly all of the carts can take plastic, but you will find an odd one occasionally. I recall that in November, the beer stand at Morocco was cash only. I will say, that should've been my clue to keep moving. Bad beer, bad.

I carry very little cash while I'm at WDW. I prefill my daily housekeeping envelopes before I leave home and keep these locked in the in room safe. I pretty much use my room key to charge back to my room and keep all of my receipts to check against my final bill. My last trip I was on the DDP, so that took care of meals & snacks. This trip I'm on the DDDP, so again, should be all set.

We use some cash, mostly charge to our room, and to carry our money and passes around I too keep a small wallet with everything in it and carry it in my camera bag which I put across my chest. It never leaves my body all day long. It works for us.

Great thinking with the Disney Gift Cards--we've been giving DS8 disney dollars for the past couple months but gift cards are another great way to save! We take a debit/credit card for emergencies, but mostly use cash stowed in multiple places. My DH was suprised at how many places I had money that he couldn't find!!!

I highly recommend Disney gift cards to use as cash! We used them for every purchase at Disney from all of our food and snacks/water/soda to all souviners! Worked like a charm! You get a receipt after every use with the remaining balance. I had one credit card as back-up and a little bit of cash for tips, etc, but rarely used either. (we stayed onsite)

I bought a couple Disney gift cards at the Disney store at the mall and added money to them every payday. I'm using the same gift cards this year and adding money for our next trip! :)

I was thinking of just paying everything with credit card, but like the idea of only having a few charges showing on my cc rather than a bunch of tiny ones. The only drawback I can see to the cards is if you lose it then you are out of luck, same as cash, whereas credit card or travellers cheques or KTTW you have a bit more protection I'm thinking.

Can you buy the gift cards online. Are the gift cards accepted at most places that the KTTW or credit cards are accepted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!