1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

How do you book a photo session at a resort?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by dawn117, Oct 15, 2013.

1. dawn117

dawn117 Mouseketeer

We are doing a split stay at BC/CR--I thought I read somewhere that some of the resorts have photographers that you can book for a photo session. How do I find the info on that? Thanks!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

Photo sessions are no longer booked thru Photopass photographers, you can book, however, thru Disney Event Photography, here's the link to their website http://www.disneyeventphotography.com/portraits/... We did our family photo back in 2010 at the GF when it was run by the photopass folks and were very pleased. My oldest daughter had a photo session thru the event photography folks 2 years ago for her senior pictures at the BC and they came out gorgeous. Some folks will complain that it's pricey as the price did go up but to be honest, we found them to be cheaper than what some of the local photographers in our area were charging for senior portraits.

4. dawn117

dawn117 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much!!

5. crocko's wife

crocko's wife Disney stickers cost us a DVC fortune, but no one

We are going to have a photo session next month with Disney Event Photography in the World Showcase before it opens. We were able to get a discount as DVC members in case that applies to you. Hope you have a magical trip!

6. chemnerd09

chemnerd09 Mouseketeer

Would you happen to know how much of a discount? I was thinking about booking a session as part of my graduation trip.

7. taramesu

taramesu Earning My Ears

I booked an upcoming photo session through a local professional photographer who is allowed to take photos at all the Disney resort hotels but not in the theme parks. Kimberly Lange is her name and you can check out her Disney related photo sessions on her website: http://www.portrayablephotography.com/blog/category/disney-resort-portraits/
    After comparing the Disney Fine Portrait Photography website and Kimberly's website, I decided I felt more comfortable with Kimberly's work and I've been able to correspond with her multiple times prior to our session. The cost comparison is similar for the Enhanced Disney session but Kimberly's session will also include the CD of the photos and she will spend 1-2 hours with the family. We are scheduled to have our photo session in December and we are looking forward to it.

8. crocko's wife

crocko's wife Disney stickers cost us a DVC fortune, but no one

Through DVC, you will get 20% off an Enhanced portrait session and two 5x7 prints. An enhanced session includes the following (from the website):

A Disney Fine Art Portrait creates a family memory to last a lifetime. With our Enhanced Portrait Session we stage your family portrait in your choice of many Disney locations, then make time stand still as our Photographers capture the essence of your family. Finally, our Photographer will enhance your portrait with artist retouches giving you high-quality portrait images.
    A one-hour Portrait Session with a Professional Photographer and Assistant
    Choice of locations around the Walt Disney World® Resort
    Image retouching and artistic enhancements
    Disney Creative Portrait Staging
    Stylistic Posing
    Studio Lighting
    Image Enhancements
    Individual Attention to Every Final Image
    Artistic Enhancements by Disney Retouch Artist
    Website posting of images with slide show
    A soft cover 6"x 6" proof book customized with your family name!

9. chemnerd09

chemnerd09 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info.

10. dawn117

dawn117 Mouseketeer

Has anyone done Disney's "mini" photo session ($150)? The website says you get a flash drive with photos, but I was wondering about how many images you get.

11. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

My daughter did the mini photo session (we actually booked her 2 mini photo sessions back-to-back as she wanted to change outfits and it came out cheaper than booking the regular one). With the mini photo shoot, you don't get any prints, just the CD with all the pictures on it. She had over 30 shots taken with each 20 min. session and I will also add that her photographer was awesome, she didn't rush her and my daughter ended up going over her time and there was no extra charge. She had her pictures taken at the BC and she took her everywhere (on the Beach, by the flower gardens, on the shipwreck slide with the lighthouse as her backdrop)...she got some really great shots.