• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do we get from Legoland to DLR?

lattemomof3

DIS Veteran
Is it too far to take a cab? How much would it cost to rent a car for just that day? Or would you take the train? TIA:)

We rented a car from enterprise for the day and it was around $80 including the GPS. I would think that would be much less expensive than a cab

I live in san diego and have to say that it's too far to take a cab. I'm partial to the amtrak from oceanside and it drops you off at the angel stadium in anaheim. But depending on how many people there are it might be cheaper to rent a car.

Some car rental places charge a one way drop off fee if you don't plan to return the car close to Legoland where you got it from. This could be quite expensive.:scared1:

More data:

Round-trip Amtrak fare from Oceanside to Anaheim would be $17 for adults, half that for kids. Plus you'd need a cab from the Anaheim station (3 miles or so).

anyone knows of any car services , not car rental, that can go to legoland. any shuttles? there has to be something out there. I dont drive - yet.

We have used Alamo which is in Downtown Disney to rent a car for the day. If I remember correctly it was around $30-$35 for the day. Very convenient as you pick it up in DTD and drop off when you get back to the resort. Our trip to Legoland on a Thursday was around an hour and 15 minutes. This will be our third time renting a car during our stay as we have used it to go to Knotts and will be heading to the Cabazon outlets on our next trip in a couple weeks.

We (me, DH & DS) are going to DL in Feb10 and are taking a bus from DLR to Legoland. It is the same bus company that is the Disneyland Express from the airport. They run from the Anaheim Resort and go to different parks and give tours of LA, etc... You can purchase a ride that includes park tickets or you can purchase just the transportation if you have tickets already. Search the web with "Transportation only from Anaheim to Legoland" and it should come up. I think this is a great idea as we can take a break and enjoy the bus ride. I'll check back in a few days with the actual name of the company if you can't find it, let me know if you can. It might be called the Anaheim Express but I'm not 100% sure.:thumbsup2

Ok now I've looked it up. Go to www.allanaheimtours.com This should be very helpful. We are using them for a trip to Legoland and a tour of LA. They will pick you up and drop you off right by one of the DL Hotels.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

You might want to call the bus line as when we looked into doing this a couple years ago, they ended up having numerous stops and a transfer before even getting en route to Legoland. The to and there ended up being twice as long due to this then it would be driving in your own car. After a bunch of negative comments we decided to rent our own car. It may have changed in the last couple years but worth a phone call.

so I checked out the prices and it seems a bit pricey but I'm going to check out other options and see which one would work. But this does seem to be very convenient if they do pick up and drop you off at your hotel. can't beat that!

But thank you again, glad to get the ball rolling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter