How do the rates work?

emilymad

DIS Veteran
Forgive this very basic question but how does the pricing of ABD trips work? Is it like cruising where the price fluctuates as time goes on? Or will Disney release the 2012 information with prices and the price is what it is? Thanks!

Forgive this very basic question but how does the pricing of ABD trips work? Is it like cruising where the price fluctuates as time goes on? Or will Disney release the 2012 information with prices and the price is what it is? Thanks!

If the trip is booking well the price goes up. I've seen them increase a couple of times as a particular date fills up. But for some dates, the price remains the same the entire time. I went on SWS last month and the price for several of the dates increased twice over the months, but the price for our date remained the same as it was on the day the 2011 trips were announced We only had 16 on our trip, so we were no where near capacity.

Thanks! So I am assuming that it never goes down from when the price is first released?

Thanks! So I am assuming that it never goes down from when the price is first released?

The only time I've ever seen a rate go down was last year for the Yosemite trip, which ABD has since discontinued due to lack of interest. But they do offer incentives for booking that are equivalent to a price decrease. For instance, this year ABD released an offer in Oct for a Visa gift card ($300 for domestic trips, $500 for international trips) for certain itineraries and dates. There were quite a few trips and dates offered - it wasn't just one or two. They used to offer an early booking discount, but discontinued that a couple of years ago. Remains to be seen what they will offer this year, but if you have some flexibility with regard to when you schedule your vacation, I've found it worth waiting to see if an incentive will be offered.

If you look up at the top of the page you'll also see an ad from DU offering a gift card for booking with them. If you're a Costco member you can also get a cash card for booking through them. The amount depends on how much you spend. For SWS for me and my DS it was $450. I got that and the $300 from ABD, which added up to a nice little discount.

Thanks for the explanation! I think I am getting it now. I just wasn't sure if it is one of those situations where they announce the dates and you need to act fast. We are in no rush to book so I guess we will wait and see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter