How do I make Epcot passports?

DFSquare

Earning My Ears
I have read each post on the do it yourself autograph books and I think I have settled on a design.

Now I'm wondering about the Epcot passports. I have my current passport and could work off that, I suppose. What all is included in the one you purchase? Anyone have detailed photos? All I can find on the web is the outside cover.

Thanks all! If it can be done, I know you all will have the answers.

Dawn

I have a passport project that I downloaded from Family Fun's website this past summer. It's several .pdf files but I believe that they are e-mailable. I can find it on their website but now they're charging $5.95 to purchase it. I was able to get it by viewing an online commercial.

Here's a link to the page:
Family Fun - Travel Fun Pack
Maybe I just have old cookies on my computer. You may be able to get a free pass to view it all. Otherwise, you can PM your email address to me and I can send the .pdf files to you.

Here is how we did it. My son was an emergent reader at that time, so we wanted something easy to do, and something he could understand.

We used blank index cards and a color printer.

We found out the countries in world showcase, and got a clip art picture of each countries flag.

WE then printed each index card with a flag, then name of the country and the capital. The cover was a globe, and different children around the globe (clip art as well). The back cover was a global peace clip art

We got the back and front covers laminated and bound at Staples (cost $1.00)

We got so many commnets from CM on this. They loved it. Some would write on the flag, and on the back of the card and sign their name on the flag. They loved the fact that they could write things instead of just stamp!

IT took less than an hour to make.

Did you know that there is a free passport available at Guest Services in Epcot? At least there was when we vacationed at WDW in 1999. I remember it having a world map and space for a CM in each country to write hello in their native language.

Originally posted by iNTeNSeBLue98
Did you know that there is a free passport available at Guest Services in Epcot? At least there was when we vacationed at WDW in 1999. I remember it having a world map and space for a CM in each country to write hello in their native language.

They now charge $9 or $10 for each one. You got lucky you got them for free!

I just rechecked - we had the Discovery Guide, not a passport. I have a link to pic of it in my trip report (see my sig, Epcot pics).

I love this idea... I'm going to try to remember it for our next trip (which probably won't be until late 2005 or early 2006 :sad1: )............................P

I would also post this on the cooking and scrapping board. I bet they would have some great ideas!::yes::

DFSquare, I just used mad4themouse's suggestion for the passport from Family Fun! It worked out great! I ran to Michael's and got some different stickers for it, but it looks good! I would love to hear about your autoghraph book ideas! I would like to make one of those also! TIA!

If you have enough room in your handmade autograph book, you can do the passports in the back. We did this, since we already had a zillion autograph books and passports. We bought a 5x7 black pages spiral notebook and two gel pens (pink and purple). We decorated the front and covered with modgepodge. In the front of the book we got autographs, in the back we did the passport stamps. The one thing to remember about using the black books is that the country stamps won't show on the black. So what I did is cut 2x2 squares out of white cardstock and attached to each of 11 pages. (I also brought extra cards because some of the characters "stamp" their signature.) We got many compliments on our books. The CM in france wrote about the beautiful journal. He also talked at length to the other French CM about the journal and I could only make out "beautiful journal". We also had the CMs write something on the page under the stamp (on the black part of the page, not the white square) using the gel pens.

Maggie

Here is some photos of the Epcot passport I just made for my son.

f71b5c86.jpg

If you have any questions on it or want info on how to make one, plese PM me. I'd be happy to help.:p

Originally posted by momof2OH
Here is some photos of the Epcot passport I just made for my son.

[GREAT JOB!!! that looks awesome!! I wish I had the time to make them for my kids before we leave. Oh well. I bet your son will be thrilled!!

Momof2OH-
Where did you find the Mickey head Globe on the cover and the other art for the cover? Your book looks better than the ones we bought for our kids in 2000 at Epcot. You did a great job!

Thank you very much!
I'm not sure where I got the Mickey head globe. It was from a clipart site on the web. All other clipart, I got off my Printmaster Program I have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter