How do I download fonts?

kangaroodle

DVC Member
Hi!

I need some help. I am trying to download a font for my daughter's birthday party invitation. I found a site that had lots of free fonts. :surfweb: I hit the button to download them, but then what? How do I actually get them to a place where i can use them? :confused3 I am not very computer savvy, so I need a very basic explanation. Please don't be too technical! :confused: I know there is someone on these boards that can help me! :thanks:

I'll give it a try.

First, I am assuming you are using XP.I further assume that you are not running Windows classic style. So I'll take you from the start and you can just jump over what you don't need.

You will need to unzip your font files before you start.

1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Appearances and Themes
4. Click Display
5. Click Appearance tab
6. In the first box click on the arrow and scroll down to Windows Classic. Click
7. Click Apply
8. Your screen will "freeze" for a second or two while the computer switches modes
9. Click O.K.

You should see a box with Appearance and Themes at the top in the blue bar.

1. Go down to "see also"
2. Click on Fonts
3. Click File
4. Click Install new font(3rd one down).
5. Click on desired font.

OR
1. Go down to "see also"
2. Click on Fonts
3. Click File
4.Pick the folder where you saved your fonts to
5. Click O.K.

Ex. If you saved your fonts to your desktop: Click on the tiny C:\ when the grey box appears. Click on Documents and Settings. Click on Owner, Click on Desktop. Find your font, Click O.K.

Thats the best way I know how to do it. If you still have problems and no one else has come by try the technical forum on this board.

Thanks so much! It took me a few tries but it worked! Now I have to work on those invitations....again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter