How do G/C from Canada work?

seashell724

DIS Veteran
If I buy a Disney G/C in Canada how can I use it at Disney and how will the exchange work? Will it work at restaurants, in parks, at DTD?
Thanks!

If you buy a gift card at a Disney Store in the USA, will it work in the Parks or do you have to order it from WDW? I know there is a Disney store just across the boarder in Buffalo.

Does anyone know if the US stores have a gift card for Universal Studios? I was thinking of getting one for each of my kids so that when we are there they can get their own snacks, drinks, etc.?

Thanks friends. I might just purchase some at Target or Disney store down there if we go. These will work at Character Dining, Quick Service, Disney Stores in Florida right?

Thanks friends. I might just purchase some at Target or Disney store down there if we go. These will work at Character Dining, Quick Service, Disney Stores in Florida right?

Yes. If you buy it in the US, it works for anything on Disney property. I've used them at DTD, at the hotels, etc. Even the Disney outlet takes them. There may be a few exceptions, but I believe that anywhere that accepts MBs will take those. There used to be a few carts that were cash only, but I think they've disappeared.

Also, some US grocery stores and US stores like WalMart sell Disney gift cars. So you may not have to venture to the Disney Store itself.

SW

They actually will not ship gc's to Canada, we tried that before.
Ive had them sent to me several times, unless they have recently changed this you can. You do pay for shipping ( I was getting tickets a the same time, I think its was $25) but now I just go to the Disney Store in Niagara Falls NY. Its quicker for me then waiting for delivery.

I just wait till I get to WDW and buy my GC there. Then I can leave my wallet in room safe. All I carry is my GC, AP & Driver license for ID to get AP discount. Still don't understand why we have to carry an AP card when AP is on MB?

Ive had them sent to me several times, unless they have recently changed this you can. You do pay for shipping ( I was getting tickets a the same time, I think its was $25) but now I just go to the Disney Store in Niagara Falls NY. Its quicker for me then waiting for delivery.

This the message we get, we have tried several times, this is the message we get:

There are no shipping modes available for the selected address. Please select another address.

I emailed Disney and they said they do not ship gift cards to Canada, we have ordered tickets and gotten them shipped for $25, but they have never done a gift card. We have tried multiple times as my son's soccer team goes to the Disney cup and we like to use them as prizes in fundraisers,

I think when I go down to the US I will pick some up at Target if they have any. Just makes it easier. Do any of you get a few g/c's so that a whole bunch of money isn't sitting on one card? How much would you put on each g/c?

There used to be a link to order them from the DisneyLAND website and have them shipped here for about $25. It hasn't worked in over a year though. The page is gone when I go to address I used to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter