How do DisneyStore shirts fit?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by mermaidwannabe, Apr 13, 2010.

1. mermaidwannabe

mermaidwannabe DIS Veteran

I'm about to order shirts for my family for our DW trip next month and wondered if they are true to size?? Thanks!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. secretpantssam

secretpantssam DIS Veteran

I find them to run a little big.

4. DisneyAndRedSox

DisneyAndRedSox I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

I found the kids shirts run small.

5. Tnkrbelle565

Tnkrbelle565 DIS Veteran

The answer is that sadly DisneyStore.com shirts run ALL over the place!!! I have some XS shirts right now that STILL are too big on my DD LOL! I have gotten Larges for her that are too small. Generally, I haven't had that many issues with Adult Shirts. If anything they are a tad big but I'm ok with that. Personally, I stopped ordering DD anything from that site because of the sizing issues. We've had to return a lot of things.

6. amandaraye

amandaraye Mouseketeer

I agree they seem to be unpredictable. I ordered a bunch of shirts for our family and most fit just right, my daughter's were a bit snug. The weatshirt of the same size was huger on her though.:confused3

7. cyndiloveswalt

cyndiloveswalt DIS Veteran

I get my boys matching shirts for every trip and most come from Disney store for $5. My boys shirts have always run true to size.Adults do run big, my DH usually wears a L tee but here I get a medium and for myself even the XS are a little big. I think for the price they are a great value- like I said I buy them 3-4 matching shirts and can usually get them for $5. They wear them in the parks first, but then afterward they always last a season.

8. mermaidwannabe

Thanks for the info. Now I don't know if I should order them or not. Maybe I'll just get the pins. I was going to order some personalized tank tops and shirts, but would hate for them not to fit. Thank you!

9. mamaLori05

mamaLori05 DIS Veteran

I've gotten a couple for my dd and ds, and they are always a little big. My kids are skinny minnie's though, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. They do look like they are a little more fitted than a normal T, but longer. The kids like them because they are a really soft material.

10. Tnkrbelle565

Tnkrbelle565 DIS Veteran

Do you have a Disney STORE near you? The actual store is much more reliable than online.

11. alyssa810

alyssa810 <font color=purple>It's much more fun on the boat<

I find that the t-shirts run a bit big, but for kids stuff, the non- t-shirt shirts definitely tend to run small.

12. Ephany

Ephany DIS Veteran

I find that they run small for kids and shrink a bit. I found a t-shirt I bought on clearance when I grabbed a bunch from the Disney Store that somehow had not been worn and been packed away for this summer. It still has the tags on it and when I compared it to the others that I bought at the same time that DD wore last year, they didn't even look like the same size anymore. However we more than got our $3-4 use out of those shirts so I'm not complaining.

13. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

Like all have said they run every which way. I have found the quality has gone down hill.

14. auralia

auralia DIS Veteran

for women i find they run a little small if you are chesty if you get the tight shirts i ususally wear a large every where else but to accomidate my D size chest i have to get an xl or it looks funny

15. mermaidwannabe

Thank you. I don't have a Disney store anywhere in the state! I'm just going to give them pins instead and will get them a shirt down at DW and/or find them one at Walmart or Kmart but those aren't near as cute. I don't want to take a chance of them not fitting.

Thanks for everyone's replies!

16. soonerfan2008

soonerfan2008 Mouseketeer

I ordered 3 different adult XS shirts for me, and they are BIG. I'd say about a medium in other brands, maybe between a medium and small, but nowhere near XS!

17. AllesonWonderland

AllesonWonderland DIS Veteran

For our first trip to WDW in 2007 I bought matching polos and tshirts for my family of 4. We wore them again this spring break. :rotfl: The kids might outgrow the polos soon, but I think the tshirts might fit for one more trip...whenever that might be. LOL