how do credits get allocated to a ddp party?

phi2012

Mouseketeer
Hi,

im not sure quite how the dining credits get redeemed When at Disney.

We are a party of 4 adults a 2 children (only 1 of them is on the dining plan though). We are all staying together at okw in a 1 bed villa so on the same reservation. We will be eating some meals together but not all. A lot of counter service meals especially will not be eaten together.

How does Disney track who has used what? For example if we wanted to do a signature restaurant and they (sister and hubby) wanted to do an extra counter service meal, could we swap our credits?

Also will snacks work the same way? Will we just be given 75 credits in a lump for our 15 night stay?

I also thought I read somewhere that you couldn't use more than you room allocation of credits in one day, so for example if on one day we wanted to eat at 2 counter service restaurants would that be ok as it would use 8 credits for me and my kids.

Sorry I hope these questions make sense, I just want to make sure that I've got it right that between ourselves, the party of 6, we can eat and use our credits how and when we wish.

Thanks and hope someone can confirm for me. :)

They are allocated as one large lump sum total at the beginning of your trip and for the entire group. The credits do not get allocated to idividual cards; they are all pooled and accessible via any KTTW card from the same room. So yes, your family could go to a signature restaurant and pay using credits while your sister and her DH went to a CS restaurant using CS credits. It's the total number of credits used that are tracked, not how many per card.

There is no limitation to how many of each type of credit that you can use on any given day. If you were able to eat that much, you could even use the credits from all 7 nights in one day (though you'd probably need to get your stomach pumped but you get the point LOL). The only restriction for using the credits is that typically they will not let you use more credits IN A SINGLE PURCHASE than the number of people listed on the KTTW card. So, with your 4 adults and 1 child (that's what the KTTW card will show when one of the kids is under 3 and therefore free), a cashier would only let you pay for 4 adult meals and 1 child meal at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter