• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How did you score BOG dinner?

I quite easily booked my reservation and I know it wasnt on the 180 days mark because I forgot about it and did it prob 20 days later! We booked for 30th July at 6:25pm! :D

I made mine on my 180+10 day, right at 5am (central time). It was the first ADR I made, and I could only get it on the last day of our trip. So I just rearranged our MK days to the first and last day of the trip.

I did it about 120 days out and was able to book 2 reservations. Sept 2 at 8:30 (which is the Holiday, so I was surprised. Later than I wanted, but I took it.) and Sept 6 for a 4:30ish reservation. I didn't go to the old site. I think it's about timing and luck! I think I was just goofing off on a Sunday afternoon.

I quite easily booked my reservation and I know it wasnt on the 180 days mark because I forgot about it and did it prob 20 days later! We booked for 30th July at 6:25pm! :D

Seriously? That is the date we are going! I could only get 8:30 and that was at 180 + 3 days. You must have timed it perfectly with a cancellation!

Went online and booked it. Got dinner for January soon after they started taking reservations, but not on the day they began taking them. Booked a dinner in late August at the 180 day mark (not plus 10) but cancelled it later after a flight change made it impractical. I've been to dinner there twice (once on a friend's reservation) so I won't miss it.

Thanks everyone! I'll just keep trying. I've got 179 days to hope it opens up. There's always lunch and at least I got all the other reservations I wanted! :goodvibes

. . . Any tips to try to get this before our trip?

1) Find a concierge with a dining system OVERRIDE code.
2) They can add folks to any dinner, even if sold out. *
3) Example: Tables in RED on the dining computer screen are overrides.
4) We do this all the time.

* Capacity can be overridden for all meals except for
the Luau and HDDR, since there are truly capacity-limited.

Totally forgot to book BoG at the 180 day mark for 12/3/13 as that is the night we are going to MVMCP. Went online Monday and tried booking dinner for that day and there was no availability. I was able to book 12/5 for 4pm but I really wanted 12/3. Tries again to book 12/3 and no availability, so I just minimized my screen and periodically throughout the day at work went and clicked on search. Right after lunch a 6:20pm reservation for two on 12/3 became available and I snagged it.:yay: Of course I cancelled the one for 12/5. It pays to be persistent:rolleyes:

I was able to book using the new website - got a 7:30 dinner time, later than I'd ideally like but I'll take it! I was up at 6 am on my 180 plus 10 day, and our BOG dinner is 5 days in.

Yesterday was my 180+10 and i wanted 12/3 or 12/4 but nothing came up. I think it depends a lot on what date your want. The other day I snagged a ressie for September 20th. September is pretty slow. I know beginning of December is also slow but for some reason those first days have been hard to get. Maybe still a lot of people from Thanksgiving? :confused3

I normally use online system but of course the day my 180 came up the system wasn't working so I immediately called got everything I wanted including BOG for the time I wanted, CM was surprised herself.. Lol

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

I emailed IPO 2 days before 180+10 (at the adbise of a DF) and requested BOG @ 7:30 and got lucky!

Just curious! I see several people on here were in fact lucky enough to get BOG for dinner. I tried both online at open and called at open and they said there is absolutely nothing, even if we separate our party of 6. Any tips to try to get this before our trip?

Never had a problem getting ADRs for "BoG" on our 180+ 10 day---

For the trips that we didnt book that far in advance, I just keep checking (online), and have always been able to get an ADR--- (a few times just a few days before the trip) -

Dont give up--- Keep trying--

pixiedust:

We're in CA, so I was up and online at 3:00am this morning for the first day of our 180+10 ...and it worked! Got BOG and a lot of other reservations, all on the date and around the time we wanted.
Very tired now (hah!), but I think it was worth it!
I wish you good luck!

:goodvibes

An even better way that doesn't require loss of sleep, it does require however being related to someone who will get up in the middle of the night on the proper day and make a reservation that includes you!

Or... You get a family member that books for too many people and wants to add you in :cool1:

I've made 3 so far, since we switched our dates then switched our MK days.

I was online right at 6:00am (actually 5:00 my time) and easily grabbed it for the 6th day of our trip- there were lots of time options. This was before FD was announced though.

When FD rumors came up, I decided to switch our dates, but of course at this time it was like 130 days out. I kept the BOG ressie page bookmarked and checked it like 10 times a day haha - Finally a reservation popped up randomly one day and I grabbed it- but it was for late, 8:45, and on a day we weren't planning on being in MK. So I kept the site in my bookmarks and tried several times a day for about a week- and finally a 6:45 popped up. I was able to coordinate with another dis-er, and when I cancelled the later one they grabbed it :)

Moral of the story- keep trying!

i saw a lot of availabity today for dec 6

play around with your numbers. especially of you have an odd number

I was very nervous as my ADR day approached as we will be there during "jersey Week" but I went online at 6 am and utilizing the 180+10 found numerous options ended up booking for our third day @ 4:50pm :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter