How did you pick your site?

For the ceremony I always knew that if we got married in Disney it would be in the Wedding Pavilion, it is just the most beautiful building to me. For the reception - originally I wanted AA but my Sales Manager actually, recommended the China Pavilion because it's not often done. After looking at the area and figuring out what we wanted our flow to be, it couldn't have worked better! I loved all of the deep, rich colors and the unique feel to the venue. Our guests were so surprised to be in the park! I think it's great to do something in a park if you can swing it, especially if you are doing it from out of state. It just made no sense - to me - to host our wedding in a ballroom since there are plenty of ballrooms in Boston that we could have used that would have been easier on our guests to travel to, so I always knew if we went Disney, it would be an in-park reception. :cloud9:

That's the same reason we chose the California Grill for our reception. Where else can you have a 180 degree view of the Magic Kingdom!!!

Superdiz - do you have any pictures of your reception in China you could post? I bet I'm not the only one who'd love to see this unusual site!

:)

Anyone have pics of the SP backup!?

I've been wondering the same thing because my wedding is at Sea Breeze Point. My wedding coordinator wouldn't specify. I found a video on STVS' web site that takes place at an indoor location at Boardwalk. There's a good chance the location seen in the video is the conference room also know as the backup location. In my opinion, it's not as beautiful as SBP:

http://www.stvsweddings.com/gallery.html

The video I'm referring to is Susan & Kevin / Boardwalk / Classic Edit.

Anyone have pics of the SP backup!?

To be honest, there are probably several possible back-up locations;)

If you are scheduled at SBP and it rains, the first question is what is available (I don't even know what the possibilities are) and then whether or not that available space would accommodate the number of guests. I've seen pics of The Attic...but I've never been there. I'm not sure if it could accommodate 18 guests (the max for an intimate) or if the next larger available option would be chosen.

My "guess" is that because of the Gazebo on the other side of the lake, there are quite a few options in the Boardwalk area.

I dont see myself getting married anywhere else besides the WP... I have dreamed of it there since I was in the 5th grade...lol:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter