How Did You Like The Lion King in 3D?!

Just saw it today. :goodvibes
Whilst I loved seeing it on the big screen, and the 3D was well done considering it was a post production job, I'm not sure it really brought much to the film. It really added some nice depth to the jungle scenes, which was lovely. But there were some scenes which just seemed odd, for example Mufasa's snout when he's talking to Scar in the first scene after the opening. Odd.
And Pumbaa's tusks during Can You Feel The Love Tonight.

I don't think it needed to be 3D. And I totally still would have gone, had it been re-released in just 2D.

PS, I totally teared up when Mufasa died. :sad1:

I went to see it yesterday with my girlfriend as they had a special screening with all money raised going to charity. we both absolutely loved it, both sessions at my local cinema were full and there seemed to be a lot of adults there with no children.

It was so amazing! I hated 3D before I saw it but it totally changed my mind! I like how everything looked layered, like even the grass. I cried. A lot.

I know I'm late, but I loved it. I never got to see it in theaters when it first came out because I wasn't born, so I was so happy when I heard they were re-releasing it in 3D. I got chills during so many scenes. I was also extremely grateful that they didn't include that terrible 'Morning Report' song. That would have ruined the entire movie for me. I would have went if they released it in 2D again too, because then it would feel more like the original, but I had a great time seeing my all time favorite movie in theaters nonetheless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter