How Did You Like The Lion King in 3D?!

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by MouseEarsForAll, Sep 16, 2011.

1. MouseEarsForAll

MouseEarsForAll Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

So, what are your thoughts on The Lion King in 3D? Yes, it just came out today, but I know you went and saw it! How was it???:woohoo:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JCH

JCH DIS Veteran

It was awesome! I was afraid I would be disappointed, but it was great. The opening scene is amazing!

4. Hallowishes

Hallowishes DIS Veteran

I loved it sooo much!!!! :love::love:

5. cudcat41

cudcat41 Earning My Ears

It was great, but how could it not be? No matter how many times I've seen it, I still get chills during the first scene.

6. carrie1626

carrie1626 DIS Veteran

3D or not-I'm going:thumbsup2
    This is one of Disney's classics and I wouldn't miss a chance to to see it again on the big screen.

7. HadesTX

HadesTX Whoa. Is my hair out?

We're going Sunday, but seeing the 2D. Not a fan of 3D.

8. jtowntoflorida

jtowntoflorida Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney

Me too! Big screen, small screen, doesn't matter.

I'll admit, I teared up a bit during the movie. :blush: I was so happy I was able to take my daughter to see it in the theatre. That movie was just so well done, it's incredible. I'm not sure if Disney has enough movie magic left to outdo it.

9. NORMA MUNOZ

NORMA MUNOZ DIS VETERAN

Wow Amazing. I thought i wasn't going to cry but i did. Is one of my favorite. Hakuna Matata!!! :)

10. mom2travel

mom2travel DIS Veteran

I am so looking forward to this. DH & I saw before we had kids. DD wants to see it with me now. :lovestruc

11. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I agree with Hades--3d dosen't seem worth all the hype--Lion King is just fine in the original formats!!

12. robin19871

robin19871 DIS Veteran

We saw it yesterday..Loved it in 3D.. (I only wish that they had a little more of things popping out in 3D.) I am spoiled from seeing Philharmagic so many times and LOVE the Lion King scenes... Regardless, You can never go wrong seeing Lion King on any screen..:love:

13. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Seeing it live on Broadway is amazing too. :worship:

The story has such a powerful message when the King tells his slacker son, "You are more than you have become."

As far as the 3D thing, I just wish they would do it without the glasses. For whatever reason, my eyebrawls just don't focus well unless I turn the 3D glasses somewhut skewed sideways. Which would look like a dork-fest if the theatre lights were on. Son-in-law has problems too.

And I suspishun this thread is going to be mooved to the Disney moovies section.

14. JCH

JCH DIS Veteran

This is what I meant by I thought I would be disappointed, but this 3d is so different than the cheesy gimmicky 3D of other movies I'd seen. The opening scene was so amazing I teared up. When the flamingos fly over, you will be awestruck. Just see it in 3D. My husband was amazing by the little things like rain and mist and smoke. I actually appreciated the lack of "pop out" 3D, instead it was more depth and layers.

15. loveswdw

loveswdw DIS Veteran

We are taking our 2 boys (3 & 7) tomorrow. Can't wait! :yay:Saw "TLK" in the theater way back in 1994. Took my little niece then...she's 22 now! :eek:

16. wendyt_ca

wendyt_ca DIS Veteran

I loved it. The movies aren't meant to pop out at you like attractions in the parks it is meant to add depth and make you feel more immersed.

17. bytheblood

bytheblood DIS Veteran

We are sticking with the original 2D format. We are not impressed with 3D movies. After seeing Philharmagic so many times, 3D in the movie theaters is kinda lame. The effects just don't really jump out at you.

Maybe so, but we find it a waste of money. The effects don't add that much depth.

18. HersheyKisses

HersheyKisses Mouseketeer

Were seeing it tommorow morning ...cant wait!!

19. OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice Mouseketeer

Lion King is great and I really appreciated the opportunity to watch it in theater again. I thought the 3D didn't add much to the movie but it didn't interfere either. It was a nice added touch to an already great movie! :simba:

20. Pancakes

Pancakes Mouseketeer

It was awesome! I highly recommend it. I wasn't sure how much I would like 3D but I absolutely LOVED IT. I would definitely go see it again, even if it means paying another $12. Brings back so many memories, I felt like a kid again! (So did the audience, everyone clapped after Circle of Life, Hakuna Matata, and when Simba takes his place back in the Pridelands! It was great)

21. psupple

psupple WDW Lover

Thumbs up! First time seeing the movie... I know, I know. I've seen the stage show and all the shows/movies in WDW, so I knew I was going to see it on the big screen as soon as I saw the ads on TV.

3D was good, definitely not invasive or distracting. The beginning scene was great, but overall, it wasn't blatently obvious it was in 3D. Our theatre clapped many times, too.

And, I cried... more than once.