How did you find the DIS?

It was March 2007 and I was searching for info on my upcoming cruise and a trip report kept coming up in my search results. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219471 It just morphed from there and in May I finally registered. I think it was right after I registered that I found the podcast. :woohoo:

I found it by searching for a Disney community- it's the best out there! :thumbsup2

Amy

planning my May trip in march of this year I found WDWinfo.comand then the podcast!!

I found the DIS through random google searches for generic info. I just lingered for a while before I joined. I honestly cant remember if I found the podcast first or joined the boards first!:lmao: I know I started listening to the podcast from almost the beginning, and I joined the DIS community last year.

The funny thing I didnt post much until I found the college board, community board, and now the podcast board (obviously the most personal), I went from less than 100 posts in january to over 400! Im addicted!:banana:

I found the boards when I googled "Disney info", planing a trip in 2004. I read posts for a while and then registered in 2005. I have been lurking the boards almost daily ever since. It has turned into a healthy obsession as I have become the family "expert" (or geek which ever you perfer) on Disney world. In fact I often get calls and e mails from friends looking for help with planning their WDW trips.

I googled Disney after our first trip in 2004. We were hooked from day one of that vacation. But I knew we spent waaaayyy to much money and we wanted to go back asap so I started doing research. Which landed me here. I lurked for a long time but finally registered in Feb 2005. My first post was about SAHM's vs Working outside the home mom's. Talk about jumping in with both feet! LOL

I love the DIS, I have made some incredible friendships with people all over the world. Not a day goes by that I don't either visit the DIS or talk about it.

I found it in 2003 when I was planning that year's trip. A now-friend, then client of the firm, and I got to talking about Disney and he and his family went every year. Since I had been many times as well, we chatted about it and that is was formed our friendship. Back then he tried to talk me into renting DVC points and pointed me to the DIS DVC forum to inquire about points. I never did rent the points as I was afriad of being taken advantage of (not knowing the seller/rentee), but I have been a DISer ever since.

BTW, that client of the firm and now-friend always rents points and never has a problem. I wish now that I had done that back then. Now, since I'm a solo, it really isn't cost effective for me to stay at the higher end resorts even though I DREAM of staying at BW. :love:

I was reading the Unofficial Guide before a big family trip (with my parents, DH, sister and BIL) in May 2007 and found the link for the DIS. I found the podcast first, then decided to check out the DIS Unplugged boards. I've just been a lurker for a while - haven't posted much. I guess this board feeds my Disney addiction, and since we have no trips planned for the near future :( I don't spend much time on the trip planning boards.

I actually found DIS by googling Disney World and Ive never looked back..

I'm pretty sure it was Google, back in 2003. I was plannning a large family trip and was looking for information. I cannot tell you how much the DIS helped with that trip. Everything I learned here made a HUGE difference and for a VERY magical trip. :goodvibes

My Sister. We were planning a family cruise on DCL back in 2003.

I came across the DIS quite by accident. When I set up my online account for my old laptop back in January 2003 there was a link for the Cruise Critic Board. I went on there and starting reading trip reports on the DCL forum. One of the people had a link in their signature to the DIS, I clicked on the link, and the rest, as they say, is history. I've only been back to the Cruise Critic site on rare occasions.

Planning a trip with a friend in 2003, he sent me a long list of Disney Sites. This was one of them....now my list contains only about 3 sites that have everything I need, except pork rinds....

I found the DISboards when I was researching Disney Vacation Club. We had gone on a tour about 10 years ago and didn't buy in (boy do I regret that now!) but I was still intrigued with the idea, so one day I googled it and found a link to the DVC board.

Not only did I learn there were DVC resales available, I also started reading posts on the other boards as well. I still don't know whether I should be happy or mad that I discovered this website as I can't even begin to estimate how much money I've spend on Disney since that fateful day!

I was looking for a website that posted menus for Disney restaraunts and found WDWinfo.com. Then I realized there were forums. It's been a long time since I've been on any kind of forum, but I absolutely LOVE the DIS and check it out as often as possible. Hence, 550 posts in 4.5 months :)

I stumbled in here last summer. I was researching DVC, and found some discussion about renting points. I had never heard of it, and typed in DVC Rent points in Google. I found the DVC Rent/Transfer board and I haven't looked back! I registered that night and started to explore the rest of the board.

I guess to keep with the vernacular of the DIS, I had my Anthony moment. See, I get looked at really WEIRD when I start talking Disney. It even enters into discussion on my job as I will refer to marketing tactics, contests, managment, guest relations etc. throughout my tenure somewhere. Almost everyone I know, knows to call me if they have a question about their vacation. Heck, even people I DON'T KNOW will call me because my husband tells them. So, yeah, I am in a Disney Oasis if you will. Most of my friends say this, "Don't get her started on Disney unless you have an hour to spare." It's not that I purposely try to outshine their knowledge, but as I have previously posted, I can't help myself sometimes! :laughing:

But, to find an online community that I can thoroughly relate to about all things Disney. I fell in love from the start. I can talk non-stop about the resorts, attractions, food, itineraries, etc. And my DH puts is thusly, "You can talk to those folks about it, cause I get burn out hearing it!" :lmao: He means it in good fun, but I can tell when he starts to get his Disney fill!

My husband's company always gives them some techo-toy for Christmas. So at the 2006 Christmas party, he received an ipod which he didn't want! I claimed it, but it was summer before I found enough time to figure out how to use it. I thought it would only be good for music and recorded books - thankfully my son introduced me to the world of poscasting.

Naturally, the first thing I looked for in itunes was a Disney podcast - and that's how I found The DisUnplugged. It sounded the most interesting and has it ever lived up to that! So since July of 07 I have been hooked on the DisUnplugged. As you can see, I'm new to the boards, but I'm finally getting the hang of checking the boards and posting. The DisBoards community truly is as wonderful as the Podcast crew always says.

Anyway, that's my story. I've enjoyed reading all of yours.
I am proud to tell everyone that the DisUnplugged was my very first podcast and you know........you never forget your first! :lovestruc

I've been a Disney fan for 10 yrs now, but for some reason after going 3 times in one year I just became obsessed, and since I got a new iPod for my birthday, I though what better way to get closer to disney than a podcast. So I did a search iin iTunes and this was the first one I found. I started on new years eve 2007 and haven't stopped listening.

I found it in 2001 when I was researching our first trip as a family. I lurked for many years. I started at the Theme Parks Board and moved to the DVC board & scrapbooking board. I check out this board several times a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter