How did you find the DIS Camping Forum?

I found this board in a kind-of off beat way. I was doing research for pop-ups which lead me to Tim5055's site. When I started looking around his site he had a link to disboards. I click on it and have been clicking ever since. While my trips to the fort keep getting delayed for one reason or another, reading everyones' trip reports help fill the gap until it's my turn.

Found this place when we were coming down for a wedding in 2006 and I was interested in finding more about free dining- been around ever since.

Yup, but we stayed at Movies with the wedding party. Me, the wife, our son and his girlfriend in 2 rooms and I added Debbie on so we could take other people to some dinners too. It was good & I'm glad we did it, but I'll never do it again - too much food!

BTW we'll be using the last of the 1-day tickets we had to buy in November.

I found the DIS back in 2001. I was mostly on the resorts and transportation boards at first. Then in December 01 I took my first flying and tent camping trip at the Fort, and spent a lot of time helping folks with tent camping there, then of course last year, got my camper, so now I'd rather be camping than anything. The 4th of July GG was a first for me, going to WDW property and not visiting the parks.

Found this place when we were coming down for a wedding in 2006 and I was interested in finding more about free dining- been around ever since.

when you find the free drinking, please report back asap.

I'd better do it really fast before I get too drunk!

You'd better drink your fill before you report back. This crowd would get there and drink the well dry before you hung up the phone!

:drinking1 :jumping1: :drinking1

When I first started, des1945 had a pic of a KEG COOLER/TAP in her signature

d'ya mean.... this one???

dkc646bls.jpg

I had it in my siggy - but truly wish I had it on my back porch. DH is glad I don't - I'd be a "beer lush" for sure!!

I found this forum, I guess when we bought the Motorhome, about 2 years ago....I had googled it. I had shown it to Pete, and he immediately dismissed it, as it being a bunch of disney freaks and all. I could tell he really liked these boards from the get go...and it we were independently wealthy we would be at the Fort once a month...like last year. I am glad I found it!!!

I found this forum back in 2003 just shortly after we bought our fifth wheel. Probably found it from another site or Google. Don't remember those details.

I found the site like many of you have said, researching the family's 1st WDW vacation last year. Tried posting in some other sections with not much luck and much less fun to read! We were new to both camping and to the Fort. I have received a wealth of info on both and am truly thankful. I also became hooked on the whole golf cart thing here and now have hooked the DS! (DW thinks I am nuts):goodvibes
I keep coming back because its a fun read (DW really thinks I'm nuts) and you all seem like good people. I hope to, one day, meet some of you in person so I can dispel that belief! In the meantime I can finally say I have friends, virtual, but friends non the least! :goodvibes

I found this board while on Mousesavers. There was mention of a discount of some sort, and a notation not to give the code to other sites...aka.."disboards". That's when I figured I'd check out this Disboards site myself. :thumbsup2 I was a member of another board(which shall remain nameless:rolleyes: ..and still post there occasionally) However, I quickly found that this board was much more informative especially in regards to camping information..and A LOT friendlier. I've posted on the Dis in the resorts and dining forums, and also the community board. However, they are a tough bunch, and I don't have it in me to fight everyday! Nor do I want to. I soon found the group here to be a much better fit. Nice people, good conversation, and a genuine interest and concern for one another. :wizard:

thanks to my 14 dd.. who is totally into disney,pixar,tim burton..... she found the site and woke me up like this.. "mom, mom mom!!! I found the disboards, mom,there are thousands of us out there!!"

DD who is now 17 and still "into" disney,pixar and Tim Burton, Johnny Depp..:love: :cloud9: would truly love to work for Pixar and attend CalArts, who was founded by the Disney brothers and where Tim Burton attended..let's just say the tution would buy me at least a months time share at DVC..not sure may have to take that back.. can you buy a months timeshare for 42 grand?:eek:

Our first time camping at the fort was in 89, and until 96 we had always camped at the fort.. my mom wanted to see WDW so she splurged and we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter for a week... We took a break from Disney :rolleyes1 and visited the rest of the US in our pop up.. Finally headed back to the Fort,7 yrs ago when DD#2 came along and we upgraded to a 30 foot Travel trailer..(she being a preemie just gave us more reason to have our own beds etc) In 2006 mom spoiled us again by our stay at the Contemporary, for the holiday season...

Right after we checked in, the girls took the boat over to the Fort!!!!:yay: DD16 tells me, "mom the playground is under construction here so I'm taking Sophia over to the campground" She called me on the cell, and says you gotta come over here and check out the decorations... Nothing like tears welling when your teenager loves the fort more than the Contempoary..:cloud9:

I read the boards as often as I can and laugh out loud,cry and nod my head yes or no.. I hope to meet as many Disers as I can...and can't wait till our vacation at the Fort...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter