How crowded will Labor Day be?

AZpharmacist

Mouseketeer
We are considering going to the parks on Labor Day. We won't get into town until probably 2ish and were thinking of checking into our hotel and going for a few hours. Maybe around 4? Then grabbing dinner in DTD and then maybe going back into the parks for a bit if my toddler sleeps in the stroller? Kind of hoping to catch Fantasmic and maybe do 2-3 rides

Labor day will most likely be packed. Same as all other holidays. But, as long as you go with the expectation that it will be crowded, it can still be a lot of fun.

Yea, I'm definitely expecting a crowd. Just not sure if it's worth it to go? I'll be with my husband and 2 year old so we will have a stroller. I'm interested in just doing a few rides but am wondering if it's even feasible with ride swap in the crowds

Is this your first trip to Disneyland? We did our first trip last year and ended up having our first day be Labor Day. It was pretty crowded, but we used it to just wander around and soak up the atmosphere. We did get on a few rides and meet a few characters. We'd bought APs so burning a day wasn't a big deal.

No not our first trip. We just went in December. I don't mind if we don't get much done but I do wonder if it will be too crowded to maneuver with a stroller. I would love to get APs! Gonna try to convince my husband next year.

There may also be some residual crowds from the Disneyland Marathon on Monday (the marathon is on Fri to Sun) if folks decided to make a long weekend of it.

Is it likely to reach capacity? I am arriving Labor Day and have an ADR for BB Fantasmic. I'm not planning on heading into the parks until after 3:00pm, and I'd hate to miss it.

I'm also very interested in this, as we're arriving the evening of Labor Day. Our hope is that the crowds may thin out in the evening, since it is a school / work day the next day for most, but perhaps we're dreaming.

Anyone been there late night on Labor Day? Looks like park closes at midnight. Hoping we might be able to hit the 10:45 Fantasmic if things aren't too busy.

I was there last year for the DL Half and went to both DL & DCA on Labor Day. I don't remember either of them being too crazy. I hopped back & forth multiple times so I don't think either was close to capacity. I didn't get to see Fantasmic last year so I can't give any info on how busy that was. I saw World of Color that day but had a FP so got into the section when it opened & just stuck to my spot but we weren't packed in too bad.

I think most marathons end up being held on three day weekends, and I don't think they reach capacity. I don't think Labor Day itself has ever drawn capacity crowds, and I don't think even the two together plus extra vacationers for the 60th Anniversary will bring the parks to capacity.

There are a lot of Disers going in that timeframe! Including myself, though we are taking a weekend break to try USH and the beach, mandatory with our new AP's.

Can't wait for Splash Mountain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter