How crowded will it be the last week in July?

jdaa1

Earning My Ears
We're going July23-31, and I'm hoping FTP won't make the crowds too unbearable. This is our first trip in 7 years, and I'm afraid it will be our last if its too crowded to enjoy the parks and the pool at our resort. Has anyone been that week before? What was your experience w/ crowds?

The last weekend 26-28th. Hope its NOT too crowded....but, there is Always Fast Pass!;)

We always go to WDW in mid to late July (this year it's July 12-19). It will be hot. It will be crowded. But hey, you're on a Disney vacation!!

What we always do is try to get to the park early (at opening time if possible). We try to avoid the EE park. Plan ahead for what rides you want to do. (The Unofficial Guide is great for that). Use Fastpass for the popular rides. WE go for three to four hours then go back to our hotel to cool off, nap, swim, or whatever. Then we head back to one of the parks in the late afternoon. The crowds have usually thinned out.

It is likely that there will be afternoon rainstorms a few of the days you are there. That tends to reduce the crowds.

We've found that going back to our hotel is a key to enjoying the trip. Later in the afternoon it's common to see some people that have been going strong all day, and are beat from the heat and the crowds. They ARE NOT having fun at that point. Don't try to everything and enjoy the trip.

Greg

We were at WDW late July last year and I was prepared for the crowds to be awful and it really wasn't that bad. By using fast pass and e-night we were able to see and do everything we wanted as many times as we wanted and we didn't really wait in too many lines.

The key as mentioned before it to go back to your hotel mid afternoon for a rest and time at the pool and then head back to the park later. Since the parks are open pretty late, you can do a lot later at night.

My kids were 11 and 12 so they were able to do the late nights without a problem. I think I got more tired than they did.

Enjoy-you will have a great time

Elise

we are going 2nd to last week in july, and I too am concerned about the crowds due to the great deals Disney was giving with the FTP. To satisfy my curiosity, I checked the WDW reservation site online, and plugged in my vacation dates to see how sold out resorts were. I was surprised that even though we are only weeks away, not much was sold out. just some of the deluxe hotels. otherwise I could find availability in all the all-stars, and the moderates. That's compared to 2 years ago when ASMo and ASsports was sold out months ahead of time when we tried to book. I'm hoping that's a sign that it won't be as crowded as I'm anticipating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter