How crowded is the Fort right now...

PoohNRoo2

Mouseketeer
and how early did you book for this time of year? We are looking at going to WDW, and staying at the Fort the second week of June 2010.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

We have been here since the 10th. WDW is very crowded. More so than our last three summer trips; 2006,2007 and 2008. Monorails, boats and busses are standing room only crowded throughout the day. Attraction lines are up and restaurants are turning folks away.

As for the Fort, it has stayed pretty full. For the most part the sites fill up the same day they emty. Regardless of weekday or weekend.

We booked this trip last August. Happy planning!

I just tried to get a FW reservation for this June the last two weeks and no problem for 10 days. They had two type of sites available which is unusual. I believe a lot of locals are staying close to FLA. I dont see many rv's on the road in our area Houston, Texas..

I'd say that if FtW is even remotely your destination....go ahead & book it. You can always cancel if your plans change. The summer is usually crowded despite the heat because this is when most families can go on vacation.

I have no doubt it is crowded. I found it odd that I was able to book Ohana just 3 weeks prior to our July 13-19 trip. I found it even more odd that Cinderella Royal table was available. I am wondering if this is because crowds are going to be down, or did I just luck out?

I have no doubt it is crowded. I found it odd that I was able to book Ohana just 3 weeks prior to our July 13-19 trip. I found it even more odd that Cinderella Royal table was available. I am wondering if this is because crowds are going to be down, or did I just luck out?

Same thing here! We are going down July 22-26 and I called about 2 weeks ago and was able to get Le Cellier for lunch and O'hana's during the fireworks. I told my daughter beforehand that I really didn't think that I would be able to get either of those on such short notice. I'm crossing my fingers that this will just be a slow week...but somehow I doubt it!

I just tried to get a FW reservation for this June the last two weeks and no problem for 10 days. They had two type of sites available which is unusual. I believe a lot of locals are staying close to FLA. I dont see many rv's on the road in our area Houston, Texas..

no you won't see as many RV's, just when the economy was starting to get better, wham the oil guys get greedy again. so theres goes the disposal income.

Many thanks to the oil players. they are getting rich and killing the american way.

no you won't see as many RV's, just when the economy was starting to get better, wham the oil guys get greedy again. so theres goes the disposal income.

Many thanks to the oil players. they are getting rich and killing the american way.
Please, if the Federal govt. would let us drill here, and build refineries, and keep the dollar from falling (defcient spending and borrowing) oil would be cheaper. Stop blaming the people who bring you the oil and start blaming the federal govt. for getting in there way. I sorry but I hear this all the time about the greedy oil companies, and its not true.

i am here now, it is packed. trails end is booked for dinner solid, the boat line is out in to the sand. the parks are really busy too, no walk ups anywhere we were for the last two weeks. you would never know there is a poor economy out there from the looks of this place. when i walk the dog in the morning, i see empty spots and then in the evening, they are filled.

met Donnie (stacktester) today down at trails end. i recognized him from his photos. enjoyed meeting and talking with him!

Please, if the Federal govt. would let us drill here, and build refineries, and keep the dollar from falling (defcient spending and borrowing) oil would be cheaper. Stop blaming the people who bring you the oil and start blaming the federal govt. for getting in there way. I sorry but I hear this all the time about the greedy oil companies, and its not true.

You said it all disneydawgs! Hopefully enough of us will wake up to the facts and end this madness in 2012. First we would have to get rid of the media who are just propogandist lapdogs rather than investigative reporters. :headache: OK off my soapbox :rolleyes1

We were there the week of June 8 and the Fort was pretty empty. I was really surprised. The only Disboards people we saw were the Haunted Mansion Camper from Iowa. We rode the loops everyday and some loops were 80-90% full but others were less then 50%. I don't think you will have any problems get a site. Have a great time.

We are here now in the 1700 loop. It is pretty much full. As a spot empties in the morning it is occupied in the afternoon. We have had to stand a few times on the internal bus.

We were there from June 4th to 11th. We stayed in the cabins, but overall things didn't seem to crowded. There was hardly ever standing room only on the buses or boat while we were there. Also it seemed we lucked out and really didn't have to wait in line much for rides at any park either.

I did notice that around the 9th things were picking up. We went to MK on the 10th to do some last minute autograph hunting and the park was noticeably busier then the 5th when we had been there.

There seemed to be quite a few open spots in the campsite areas as we toured around, but that could have been because the rain was still falling a bit then as well.

Honestly this trip for us was by far the best one when it came to lines and reservations. We've stayed over 4th of July and in March before and I remember waiting a lot longer then we did this trip.

Either way good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip. I'm ready to go back :)

We booked last October for our June 09 trip. We just got back and there were plenty of empty sites. Personally I don't like to take any chances and we book early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter