How crowded at Disney after FL Schools are out???

famfab5

Mouseketeer
I've just learned from another thread that Florida Schools are out on May 21st...a full month earlier than up here!! Do the parks tend to get more crowded right after school is out from the 22nd on?

Our trip is planned from May 17th through the 26th. We were leaving before the Memorial Day weekend because I knew it would be crowded at that time...

Thanks for the information!

Just another 103 days!! When can I start to pack...LOL:teeth:

Oh noooo!!!

We were thinking of heading to WDW on May 21st, and I thought it wouldn't be too crowded then.

Anyone know if this is the truth? Ease my fears -- I'm still getting over the trauma of WDW-at-Christmas-crowds! :faint:

I'm afraid it's true. We are in Tampa Bay and school ends here on May 18th. We then jump on the Wonder 5/23 and then to WDW post-cruise for 3 days.

We will be there May 21st-29th from North Florida it will be busy for Floridians because we only have a few weeks from when school is out on May 21st until out Florida Resident Seasonal Pass backout dates start...on June 12th.

we went about 3 - 4 years ago the first week of June and let me tell you i thought it was much worse than our trips in August. everyone was out of school, we had taken our daughter out to go. but we still had fun, just take it slow and rest during the day.

Not all Florida schools get out that early. South Florida schools go until mid June.....

The end of May isn't normally all that bad historically.

We've been there the end of May, and it was fine! Not crowded at all, and nice and warm.

Schmeck

We get out May 21st, and we're planning to be there May 22 - 29 to avoid Memorial Day weekend and as a previous poster said, take advantage of our season passes before the blackout dates start.

Well, it seems as though it may get more crowded after the 21st but that's O.K. We are planning AK and MGM as well as BB for those days so maybe we will miss out on those heading to MK first. We are also early risers so we will just go early and leave when it gets too crazy. :crowded:

kbkids...We will be at Pop Century at that time too! My children chose the resort after seeing it on the Disney Planning DVD. We are a family of 5 (our youngest will be almost 3) so I am hoping it will be an O.K. choice. :wave: The children requested the 50's building near Lady or Tramp...

I am so looking forward to this trip and staying at a new resort, it looks like so much fun! Now if I could just get DH excited and involved instead of seeing $$$ signs...

Elizabeth:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter