How complicated to change resorts??

WDW2002

DIS Veteran
I am contemplating / debating using a code to book AKL for the last 3 nights of our trip. We will be staying at ASMo for the first 11 days. How much work is it to change resorts?? I am assuming "disney magic" will move our luggage to the new resort. But is it really worth the hassle to have to repack our stuff and check out and recheck in.

Financially it just isn't possible to stay at AKL our entire stay.

I just booked 8 nights at all star sports and 3 nights at AKL today. While on the phone with the CM she told me that when checking out of the allstars if I needed transportation they would assist with that. I won't need it as we will have a rental car-howver the option is there! I am willing to pack it up to get to spend 3 nights at AKL-can't wait!!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

Staying at more than one resort during a single trip is a frequent choice of many, many guests. It is a nice way to experience more than one resort. You've done it right, too! Staying at the All Stars followed by the AKL is a great way to contrast and compare.

Disney will move your luggage for you, so there shouldn't be too much trouble with that!

Have a wonderful time!

I moved 3 nights of our stay to WL yesterday and was wondering the same thing. Will we be able to get our luggage moved from WL to the Dolphin since it is not a Disney owned resort?

HI WDW2002! Just my opinion, but why not stay put and enjoy the savings? You could spend it on another part of your vacation or save the money for home.
To me changing resorts would be a hassle. You have to go check in and get your key etc. This wastes a lot of the park day.:D

It doesn't have to be a problem at all. Bell Services will handle the baggage transfer between resorts for you.

So think about it -- get up one morning, and while the family is eating breakfast or buying one last something at the gift shop, you check out, and get the claim tickets for your bags. Hop a bus/monorail/boat for one of the parks, and knock yourselves out. When you're done, just ride back to ... your new "home."

If *we* can do it, checking in/out of two rooms with 5 kids in tow, it's doable. ;)

Since you're staying so long, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to switch resorts. I've switched for one night before to the Poly once and to Port O once. I figure you've gotta pack up sometime! It gives you a chance to experience a deluxe hotel without breaking the bank. I'm debating splitting my five nights into 3 at All Stars and 2 at Beach Club.

Well I did it!! I just got off the phone with CRO and made our ressie for the last three nights. My animal freak DD9 is going to be so excited! And since if is the last three nights if we get there and just want to stay put I will have 10 days to cancel the ressie.

I have split a vacation stay at WDW...once because we wanted to extend our stay and rooms were unavailable where we were and once because we wanted to spend a few nights at AKL without spending a ton - basically couldn't afford it for the entire time but a few nights was perfect.

You're doing it right by starting with the budget stay and then upgrading (I thinkit would be hard to downgrade!). And AKL is worth it. The kids do love the animals. ANd it really is no hassel. You can tell them the night before that you are going to transferring luggage -- I don't think you even have to actually check out of the first resort (express checkout, they slip you the bill and if you don't have any questions you just leave...) Pack up the night before (no biggie - you have to do it sometime, and it makes it ath much easier the second when you really are leaving). Then before you leave for the parks in the am you call to have your luggage sent to the next place. When youa r done at the parks, hop a different bus "home" to your new place and check in...which only takes, what 20 minutes...no real sacrifice of time.

I'm glad you decided to do it...we were always a glad when wqe switched!

Enjoy!!

Great minds must think alike;)

We were planning on spending Thanksgiving week at a moderate, but decided to book the first four nights at ASMu so we could have three nights at AKL.
We change resorts on many if not most of our trips and don't find it a hassle at all. Makes it feel like two vacations:p

We will be staying 5 nights at BC in the villas, and one-yes one- night at AKL thanks to the new discount codes. We were going to go to ASmo for that last night, but since there was no discount, we decide to just splurge. We've stayed at ASMo and liked it (we're going without the kids this trip) but I just couldn't imagine downgrading like that! LOL! We've never had a problem switching. We just leave our bags to be transferred, and go enjhoy the parks, taking a different bus back in the afternoon to check in, or we do this first thing in the mroning and by the time we get back our oom is done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts