how comfy are the rented double strollers

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by stavidt, Sep 4, 2007.

1. stavidt

stavidt Mom of 2 little princesses

Hi-

I have a little dilemma. I have a duo glider but my 2 yr old cannot fit really well to take a good nap in. She is huge. My 3 yr old also cannot nap sufficiently if necessary.

I also have a mcclaren double that I bought on ebay and works great with one kid in it...add the other it turns horribly and squeeks. HELP ME PLEASE.

How comfty are those strollers that you rent? Can they nap good in them? I would consider renting for the entire time but don't want to waste the money if they cannot nap in them anyway...I would just take the duo glider instead.

ALso what is length of stay pass....????

Thank you...leaving in less than a week...can't wait.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. laughinplace199

laughinplace199 <font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><

The rental strollers are hard plastic and not comfy for napping. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

My kids are 8 & 6, so they take up a lot of room in this stroller, but even with more space, this is not a comfy stroller for napping. Could you possibly bring two reclining umbrella strollers? That's what we did when our oldest two were younger.

4. mikamah

mikamah DIS Veteran

My son thought they were pretty comfy.;)
    [​IMG]
    He and my niece shared one most days- they were both 5. It is expensive to rent them for the week. Two umbrella strollers would work well, and then you would have them for at the resort and to and from the parks. A friend of mine had twins and used the umbrella strollers and she had three white connectors that would connect the two strollers together when there was only 1 adult. I think the double stroller cost about 14$/day, but if you pay ahead you got it a little cheaper. I think you could find umbrella strollers fairly inexpensive. At the end of a long night it was tough getting him to the bus and our room was pretty far from the bus stop. I'm sure at 2 and 3 you would be carrying them both. Good luck.

5. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Mouseketeer

I always brought along a couple of thicker beach towels for my daughter to sit on when we used the strollers. We always rented the double strollers since the singles look too confining and hot. I would fold one to fit the seat area and one to fit the foot area giving her plenty of room to camp out. This way I don't have to worry about the plastic getting too hot in the sun and a possible burn. The towels come in handy as well if she splashes in the fountains, it starts to rain or if she gets too cool in the evening needs a bit of cover. Stuffed animals have been known to become pillows as well.....

6. ajsmommy1129

ajsmommy1129 Let's Go Flyers...Vengeance NOW!!

My ds thought they were pretty comfy, too....

[​IMG]

7. emh1129

emh1129 <font color=green>I admit, though, that I had Disn

Aww, they're so cute when they're all tuckered out! ;)

8. Whosemom

Whosemom DIS Veteran

I've never figured out the whole picture posting thing (which is okay - dh wants no kid pics posted) but 80% of our disney pictures are kids sleeping in those very strollers. They are so muchcuter when they are quiet. teehee.

9. DisneyFanatic75

DisneyFanatic75 I wish I was at WDW right now!

They don't look comfy but I always saw kids sleeping in them during our last trip in May.

10. LuvinDisney

LuvinDisney Earning My Ears

we use our maclaren double. the rented ones are not comfortable at all. do you have two singles?

11. Lindy Loo

Lindy Loo DIS Veteran

Can you please advise me, how much a single buggy is please and a double. I have a 5 yr old, who we dont use a buggy for anymore in the UK. We think we will need one for her in Disney, cos of the amount of walking and the heat.
    Can we hire them daily? are they rented from the park inside?

Thank you

12. kaysmommie

kaysmommie DIS Veteran

They are hard plastic and not comfy for napping at all. Unless you have a kid that is just exhausted. You still would be better off with the duoglider with a 2 & 3 YO.

13. all4fun

all4fun DIS Veteran

Stroller FAQ:
    http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/strol_faq.htm

The also sell these in the parks for $40 but they are really only big enough for younger kids, I think these have a 35lb weight limit per mfgr: [​IMG]

You can see more info on this site http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro/baby/79508/TourSportRecliningUmbrellaStroller-RedandBlack.html

hth

14. all4fun

all4fun DIS Veteran

Just a thought but have you tried spraying it with silicone spray to stop the squeeking? You probably have but thought I would mention it. :) hth

15. emh1129

emh1129 <font color=green>I admit, though, that I had Disn

We'll be renting the dbl strollers on our trip. I hope to only have to rent it a few times during our 8 day stay since our kids usually want to walk.
    We have a dbl reclining umbrella stroller that I really LOVE but my ds is too long for it, so his feet touch the ground when I try to push it.
    Is it $18 per day for the double? I'm not sure where I read that, but that's what I have written down.
    ETA: nevermind- just saw the info that a pp posted! ;)

16. stavidt

stavidt Mom of 2 little princesses

Hi...I sprayed the Maclaren I have with wd-40.....what a difference!!!! Thanks guys....the kids are getting close to the weight limit...but thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband is getting a little ticked at all the time I spend on the boards. But I have gotten a lot of help. Thanks a billion...thanks for saving me money too.:cool1: