How Cold does it get on Illuminations cruise?

west&east

Registered
We have an illuminations cruise booked for Thursday night. It looks like it will be 45 degrees at 10pm. (50 at 7pm if those hourly reports are accurate). How much colder will it feel on the boat??

Cold! 45-55 on a boat? Cold!

They have some blankets on the boat, but I would definitely bundle up -- bring your hats & gloves.

We did the cruise in November and December. In early November, I was wearing jeans & a shirt, but still covered up with a blanket and in late December, everyone in my group wore our fleece jackets and covered up with the blankets. You're relatively sheltered if the wind's not blowing toward you (hope it's not) while watching the fireworks, but they do take you out on a cruise to the Studios and back before the fireworks.

(We did the pontoon one time -- not too cold, we did the Breathless the other - that was a lot colder because we went a LOT faster!).

We did the Wishes Cruise, sorry I do think it's better hehe. We dressed right for the day/night, but being on the water is a bit cooler. Being Disney they do plan for this and have nice, huge, warm blankets to wrap up in for the trip. We were in sweatshirts and jeans and just wrapped up in that blanket and stayed nice and toasty, and it is a bit more romantic too. Beats summer heat where you want to stay away from your spouse so they don't sweat all over you hehe.

That temperature, on the water, maybe with a breeze, can be very chilling. I have been there, and it can be cold. But, if you layer, as said above, along with the ambiance of the evening, you will be just fine. Also, when those propane blasts take place, you will be warmed momentarily. Enjoy the cruise. :cool1:

Thank you all! We'll bring lots of layers, hats and gloves, and I found some "hotties" for our pockets that stay warm for hours. I hope that keeps everyone comfy. I don't want the experience ruined by cold cranky kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter